Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

Gold Member

I'm not sure how I feel about her. She doesn't strike as a person who would kill. Maybe I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Well her book would be a work of fiction if she wrote that she was demure and well behaved and never smoked weed in her life. Who didn't enjoy a few joints and inappropriate shenanigans when they were that age?
    No pot...yet.
    Last edited by Tati; May 1st, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    50 shades of grass and ass?
    Fixed. You almost forgot to get the sex part in.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

i would totally read that while smoking a joint with one and and diddling myself with the other.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I havent read the *book* so how do i know about her pride of doing drugs and sleeping around?Well,she tries to promote it and opens her trap.I never EVER said bitch is Guilty cause she is a pothead and a slut,i am not THAT old or stupid..I just didnt believe whatever her lying mouth said or the highly paid hordes of lawyers her middle class parents could afford..Of course there is no deal here..
    And Slusie dear,nobody could accuse you of being naive,you got an Italian heritage after all...lol

I'm interested in reading what she has to say. The victim's family and the Italian police/prosecutor have been telling anyone who will listen, from the beginning and as if it were fact, that she committed this crime. I'd like to hear her side of the story.
    Butterfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm interested in reading what she has to say. The victim's family and the Italian police/prosecutor have been telling anyone who will listen, from the beginning and as if it were fact, that she committed this crime. I'd like to hear her side of the story.
    honey, I think that you will find that her family have said things like “We want justice for Meredith. We don’t want anyone who is innocent to go to jail, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions that seem to have been ignored in the last trial.”

So knock yourself out, it should be a good read since she has had so much practise making up tales, like all the false alibis she gave to the police...
    effie2, Mel1973, greysfang and 1 others like this.

People do say all kinds of nonsensical things to police under hours of intense questioning. Below is an excerpt from a HuffPost article yesterday:

A recent study of criminal justice in the U.S. by law professor Brandon Garrett shows it is not uncommon for innocent people to lie under police pressure; indeed no fewer than 40 people out of 250 who were convicted and later exonerated by DNA evidence, had falsely confessed to crimes they did not commit.
    Butterfly likes this.

And how many false alibis did she give? And how many other people did she accuse of the crime?

I'll save my sympathy for people that merit it
    A Mother in Limbo

Apr 15, 2013 4:45 AM EDT A new Amanda Knox trial means mixed emotions for the victim’s mother.

Arline Kercher —the mother of Meredith Kercher, whose 2007 killing in Italy led to the conviction, then acquittal of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito—will soon find herself forced to relive her daughter’s death yet again. That’s because, last month, the highest court in Italy overturned the duo’s acquittal, setting the stage for still more trials in the case. “It is always distressing to hear and read about the murder,” Arline told me by phone from England, where she lives. “We have to brace ourselves for another round of this nightmare.”
    Giorgio Benvenuti/Reuters
    And yet, while at some level she is dreading the revival of the spectacle surrounding the case, she is also glad the pursuit of the truth is continuing. “We want justice for Meredith,” she told me. “We don’t want anyone who is innocent to go to jail, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions that seem to have been ignored in the last trial.” Arline is a petite woman who was born in Pakistan and raised in India. She and her husband, John, divorced when their four children were young, and Arline raised the kids in the ramshackle family home in Coulsdon, Surrey—near London—where the gutters hung perilously from the roof and faded curtains adorned the windows.

Over the course of her daughter’s murder investigation and the subsequent trials, she traveled to Italy only a few times—the first in November 2007 to identify her daughter’s mutilated body. Kercher suffocated to death on her own blood after two knife wounds to her neck. Her mother stood in the morgue and told the state coroner that yes, this lifeless body was her beloved daughter. She came back again when Rudy Guede was convicted for playing a role in her daughter’s murder, and another time to testify to the jury at Knox and Sollecito’s first trial about what a beautiful person her daughter was and what a great life she could have had. She missed the rest of that trial because airline tickets and hotel accommodations were out of her budget, and because she needed kidney dialysis in London three times a week.

The predominant noise in the courtroom was Knox’s wailing pleas and the cries of her family and supporters. Kercher did not cry. She turned to her right and looked squarely at Knox’s mother, Edda Mellas, with an expression that was somewhere between dismay and relief. (Alessandro Bianchi/Reuters)
    But when Knox and Sollecito’s verdict was read on December 5, 2009, Arline was there, staring straight ahead at the judge. Her daughter Stephanie, who understood Italian, translated the guilty verdict for her. The predominant noise in the courtroom was Knox’s wailing pleas and the cries of her family and supporters. Kercher did not cry. She turned to her right and looked squarely at Knox’s mother, Edda Mellas, with an expression that was somewhere between dismay and relief. She was far too noble to be angry. The guilty verdict meant that she could begin the next phase of her mourning, a road she said at the time could lead to closure, and eventually maybe even forgiveness.

Kercher went back to London to begin that painful journey. But that process was disrupted when Knox and Sollecito’s convictions were overturned on October 3, 2011. Kercher was back in the courtroom again that night. When the not-guilty verdicts were read, tears streamed down her face.

The morning after the appellate acquittal, Kercher, her daughter Stephanie, and her son Lyle gave a scant few interviews, including one to Newsweek in a private room in the basement of the San Gallo Hotel. On the table were local newspapers with screaming headlines—“Innocent,” “Absolved,” “Free”—and Knox’s picture splashed across the pages. A few of the papers had tiny mugshots of a smiling Meredith superimposed on photos of Knox’s car driving away from prison. “We respect the court’s decision, but we had hoped for a different outcome,” Arline said.

Giulia Bongiorno, lawyer for Raffaele Sollecito, the boyfriend of Amanda Knox at the time of Meredith Kercher's death. (Alessandro Bianchi/Reuters)

She went back to London, waiting in emotional limbo until Italy’s high court ruling, which came down two weeks ago. She was not present this time when the court reversed the acquittal and declared Knox and Sollecito again guilty of her daughter’s homicide. Her Florentine lawyer Francesco Maresca had told her that there was a good chance the acquittal would be overturned by the high court.

Now Kercher will have to wait once more. There will be at least two more verdicts before the nightmare is over—one by a new appellate court, which will reconsider the case, and another by Italy’s high court, which must sign off on the appellate court decision, or send it back to trial once again. As the next chapter of the case unfolds, she will have to relive the media show that tends to focus on Knox as the main character and her daughter as a bit player. She will again hear the gruesome details of her daughter’s horrible death. She doesn’t know how she will handle another cycle of trials, or if she will attend the next one.

“As much as I dread another trial, I’m glad the court is looking at this again,” Kercher told me. “We have so many questions. But we also know that new verdicts will not necessarily bring closure we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And how many false alibis did she give? And how many other people did she accuse of the crime?
    I'm not sure. Investigators found her statement of where she was and when to be in conflict with Sollecito. But if you're a pothead, that's probably par for the course.

I think she only ever implied that Lumumba had committed the crime. But when you read how they questioned her about it, police had seen that she had exchanged text messages with Lumumba that night, police told her that she probably had traumatic memory loss and to try to compose an imaginary scenario and asked who would have been there. Which was how they got her to mention Lumumba. But once again, this was after hours of questioning, without informing her of her rights, appointing her a lawyer, or giving her an official interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    But once again, this was after hours of questioning, without informing her of her rights, appointing her a lawyer, or giving her an official interpreter.

Wow, was she arrested by the US for suspicion of terrorism?
    Novice, effie2 and sluce like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Wow, was she arrested by the US for suspicion of terrorism?
    You don't have to be suspected of terrorism for this to happen to you in the US.

well duh. once you commit a crime you don't deserve rights.

oh, wait, that only applies sometimes. knox is white and pretty, so of course she deserves her rights.
    Novice, effie2, Mel1973 and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bronze Member

I've been on other forums and the consensus of people being for and against her interviews and book deals seems about 50-50, but there's so many people that have STRONG opinions.

I can see both opinions, where people say that a murderer doesn't deserve to be treated like a celebrity, but there's also the morbid curiosity- everyone is talking about what she's doing and what she will be saying, right?

I also see the side of the story that there's not enough evidence to directly connect her and make her the criminal, so it's OK.

Are any of you planning on reading the book when it comes out? Or watching the ABC interview tomorrow night?

I want to see it, just to see what she has to say. For some reason I think she's innocent. Obviously I have nothing to back it up, but she just seems so normal, so it's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    well duh. once you commit a crime you don't deserve rights.
    oh, wait, that only applies sometimes. knox is white and pretty, so of course she deserves her rights.
    Knox is not my type, and I was initially inclined to believe she was guilty. But I am interested in the fact that she was convicted despite the utter lack of physical evidence tying her Kercher's slaying. Versus the absolutely overwhelming evidence tying Guede to the slaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Rae View Post
    Are any of you planning on reading the book when it comes out? Or watching the ABC interview tomorrow night?

I want to see it, just to see what she has to say. For some reason I think she's innocent. Obviously I have nothing to back it up, but she just seems so normal, so it's interesting.
    I'm not planning on reading the book, but I can see part of the reason why she wrote it. Her family bankrupted themselves to keep her from serving a prison sentence for something she didn't do. If I were her, I'd write it just to pay them back for having faith in me.

Thread Information