Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

If it was me I wouldn't set foot in Italy ever again, their legal system can't seem to make up its mind about her innocence or guilt and there's no guarantee that the next time they try her they'll get it right. She's been found both guilty and innocent, they can't get their shit together to make it conclusive.
    gas_chick, MmeVertigina and lulu09 like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

And meanwhile Meredith was slit from ear to ear so it's not all about Knoxy.
    Karina, Sunrider, Belt Up and 2 others like this.

Absolutely, it's horrendous what happened to Meredith, but surely it's agony for her family to be put through this over and over again

Well,if the victim was American,or if it was one of relatives or friends,there will be a much different story .Italy is not a third world country,for god,s sake,they know what they are doing.Justice doesnt stop if a nation has financial problems,that is how democracy works.It took so much money to free that girl,i cant imagine a normal person being able to support such a huge campaign.That in itself is suspicious to me.
    Karina and garysgirl1999 like this.

^ I think it's agony either way but on balance perhaps they think they'll get a conviction this time and they can find some hope for closure. The worst thing is finding no one is responsible for their daughter's murder.

ETA: apart from Guede who is unlikely to have acted alone.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Well,if the victim was American,or if it was one of relatives or friends,there will be a much different story .Italy is not a third world country,for god,s sake,they know what they are doing.Justice doesnt stop if a nation has financial problems,that is how democracy works.It took so much money to free that girl,i cant imagine a normal person being able to support such a huge campaign.That in itself is suspicious to me.
    That's the thing though Effie, in this particular case it seems like they made enormous mistakes at every turn, which in turn made it very difficult to ascertain what the truth was, so I don't think it looks as if they know what they're doing. I think the only way the truth will ever be known is if somebody makes a confession. Don't get me wrong, I can't make up my mind about whether Amanda Knox is guilty or not (not that my opinion means anything) but I have issues with such a flawed trial taking place over and over again when the evidence appears to be compromised. To me, that's not proper justice, and it doesn't sit well that somebody could be convicted on compromised evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    So if she is innocent she should go to Italy,get a retrial and prove her case once and for all.If she stays home and keeps cashing it,then i got the right to think she is a sick and cold little murdering bitch.right?
    But she already did. She stood trial, was convicted, went to jail, appealed and had the conviction overturned.

And if the victim had been american and this had happened in the US, there wouldn't even be a question of trying her again because double jeopardy would apply and a second trial would be impossible.

i also don't agree that Italy knows what they are doing. They may be a developed country but they're a fucking mess when it comes to a lot of things, their justice system being one of them.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

After the last trial, even the majority of Italians had shifted to believing there was not enough evidence to convict. Many cited the poor police work and corruption.
    lulu09 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I agree that Italy can't keep trying this girl till they get their desired verdict or even the desired verdict of the victim's family. I can tell you that if Amanda Knox was my daughter she wouldn't voluntarily go back to Italy and I wouldn't give a damn who thought that made her look guilty.

Again I feel for Meredith's family, I really do but I don't think this retrial is the right thing to do.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    After the last trial, even the majority of Italians had shifted to believing there was not enough evidence to convict. Many cited the poor police work and corruption.
    And there,you said it all..Corruption...not stupid or useless or carefree..Italians are pretty sharp and their police can really work,BUT corruption.So,i rest my case.

Sorry Effie. The Italian police who handled this investigation were inept - not just corrupt.
    Butterfly likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I can tell you that if Amanda Knox was my daughter she wouldn't voluntarily go back to Italy and I wouldn't give a damn who thought that made her look guilty.
    Ditto, and I wouldn't give a single fuck how guilty it made her look either.

I'm unfamiliar with the ins and outs of Italian law, but in general, the onus is not on the accused to prove their innocence - it's the prosecution's burden to prove guilt to the required standard of proof. If Italy couldn't do that, then they couldn't do it. It's horrible what happened to the murdered young lady, but this re-trial until we get it right stuff to try and wipe the mud off their faces is ridiculous.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

If there is no double jeopardy rule, back she goes for a re-trial. I bet the Italians have their ducks in a row this time.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

If the U.S. extradites her, I'll be shocked. If I was her, I wouldn't go willingly and I'd rather forefeit international travel to certain places if it comes to that than go willingly.
    gas_chick and southernbelle like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    If there is no double jeopardy rule, back she goes for a re-trial. I bet the Italians have their ducks in a row this time.
    How many times do you think they should try her? Just keep doing it until you and the murdered chick's family are happy? It's illogical and irrational not to mention ridiculously expensive. This case has already gotten a trial and an appeal, which is a lot more than most murders get.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information