Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Former ‘Bachelor’ Chris Soules arrested after fatal car crash

Well, he might be devastated- but he was certainly able to overcome his "thoughts and prayers " long enough to let his blood alcohol level drop as much as possible before the police could get their hands on him. I'm so sick of that phrase being used to bandaid over despicable behavior.
    stella blue and Lofty Bike like this.

I don't think it was a semi. It sounds like it was truly a John Deere tractor pulling a trailer. The news said the victim had been working in his fields before the accident. I haven't seen any pictures of the vehicles involved but that would be a lot different than plowing into a semi.

A tractor-trailer is another term for semi. A tractor is another thing entirely. Really bad reporting here.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

City folk reporters probably don't know what a tractor is. I haven't seen photos but I'm picturing a farm tractor, like a giant lawn mower. The guy may have had no protection at all, doubtful he was wearing a seat belt or anything. Reading back, they're saying the accident happened at 8 pm. I wonder if the tractor had any proper tail lights. It was probably moving slowly.

But even if it was somewhat unavoidable, the Bachelor guy had to have been wasted. There's really no other explanation for his behavior. I'm sure some attorney is working on a defense right now though.
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    City folk reporters probably don't know what a tractor is. I haven't seen photos but I'm picturing a farm tractor, like a giant lawn mower. The guy may have had no protection at all, doubtful he was wearing a seat belt or anything. Reading back, they're saying the accident happened at 8 pm. I wonder if the tractor had any proper tail lights. It was probably moving slowly.

But even if it was somewhat unavoidable, the Bachelor guy had to have been wasted. There's really no other explanation for his behavior. I'm sure some attorney is working on a defense right now though.
    I'm with you. I also believe it's a tractor towing a trailer. They go very slow up and down our road with their hazards flashing. There is no way he could have rear-ended a semi and drove off to hide at home.
    Trixie likes this.

They released the 911 tapes today. So he didn't just leave the guy laying there, he called, stated his name and said he rear-ended someone on a tractor. Said the guy was unconscious and there was blood. The 911 operator asked him if he knew CPR and he said no. Apparently he did try to do some chest compressions, and said he thought he felt a pulse. I didn't think he sounded really drunk or anything, just panicked. Then he apparently took off once the cops arrived.

The report I saw (I think it was Inside Edition) said they interviewed a neighbor who said he had used the tractor before, and it didn't have tail lights. IMO, he will probably say he was distraught or in shock. They can't get him on a DUI, still a felony for leaving the scene though. He's got a couple alcohol related arrests in his past, but they're 10+ years old. I'm still betting a good lawyer will get him off on major charges. Hopefully he's got some good insurance so the victim's family can at least collect for wrongful death in a civil case.
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

‘Bachelor’s’ social media, cell phone will determine fate in fatal crash

Former “Bachelor” Chris Soules could face a vehicular manslaughter charge stemming from Monday’s fatal car crash, which killed a 66-year-old man in Soules’ home state of Iowa.

Authorities involved in the investigation are said to be looking into Soules’ cell phone log and social media to determine if his driving was impaired during the time of the accident, TMZ reported Thursday. Sources also told the website the 35-year-old’s cell phone was seized by the police.

Soules deleted his Instagram on Tuesday following his arrest. His Facebook and Twitter accounts had both been deleted as of Thursday.

Soules was taken into custody Tuesday after leaving the scene of the fatal accident, in which his pickup rear-ended a tractor, sending both vehicles into a ditch. He called 911 to report the incident, telling the dispatcher the victim, identified as local farmer Kenneth Mosher, wasn’t conscious and didn’t appear to be breathing. Mosher was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

Should cell phone records show Soules was using his phone at the time of the accident, an insider told the website a vehicular manslaughter charge is possible.

Soules was released on bond Tuesday, under conditions he give up his passport and to wear an ankle monitor until his trial. He faces a felony of leaving the scene of a fatal accident. Sources believe he’ll be prosecuted, not convicted.

Following his stint as “The Bachelor” in 2015, which ended in a failed engagement to Chicago consultant Whitney Bischoff, Soules appeared on “Dancing with the Stars” and “Who Wants to be a Millionaire.”

?Bachelor? star?s social media, cell phone will determine fate in fatal crash | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

What, he didn't have a Pinterest to delete, too?
    sprynkles likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

My mom watches that terrible bachelor show. She never misses it. I don't know why. This guy sounds like a scumbag. I hope he gets what's coming to him.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

He hired the highest profiled attorney Iowa has. I wont be surprised if he gets off with a hand slap.

There goes that cliche "thoughts and prayers" line. I hear that so often.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

CHRIS SOULES LAWYERS GUNNING FOR MEDIA In Fatal Car Crash Case
    4/28/2017 4:42 PM PDT

Chris Soules' lawyers are going after the Sheriff's Dept. and prosecutors, clearly trying to establish they're in bed with the media by leaking damaging information about Chris that could affect his right to a fair trial.

Lawyers for "The Bachelor" star have just filed legal docs looking to find all contact the Sheriffs, prosecutors and other law enforcement agencies involved in the case had with the media. The lawyers want text messages, emails, electronic log books (presumably this includes cell phone calls), journals and appointments between law enforcement and the media.

The docs also ask for any evidence that payment was offered to members of law enforcement for interviews or statements.
    The lawyers are demanding law enforcement preserve all these records, presumably so they can be inspected.

As for why ... several reasons. First, Soules' lawyers have already complained media coverage has tainted the case and inaccurately portrayed their client's actions the night of the fatal crash.

There's another reason ... the lawyers may well try and make a case that prosecuting Soules is more about a publicity grab than justice.

Chris Soules' Lawyer Gunning For Media in Fatal Car Crash Case | TMZ.com

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

He's less of a douchebag given the new information that he stayed, called police and tried to help the guy.

I'm guessing he took off b/c he knew he had been drinking and wanted to buy time to pass any tests or avoid them altogether.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

CHRIS SOULES ASKS JUDGE TO DISMISS CRIMINAL CHARGE In Fatal Crash
    5/1/2017 9:17 AM PDT

Chris Soules says he did everything he was legally required to do at the scene of his fatal accident, and his lawyers have just filed legal docs asking the judge to dismiss the felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident that results in death.
    TMZ broke the story ... Chris was arrested and charged with the crime after slamming into a tractor on an Iowa road, killing the driver.

Chris' lawyer says the 911 call is bulletproof against any prosecution, because it shows Chris made the call, ID'd himself as the driver involved in the crash, and then he tried to help the tractor driver by checking his pulse. Only after EMTs arrived did Chris leave the scene.

As we reported ... Chris left before cops arrived and we know the police wanted to administer a field sobriety test. When they caught up with Chris at his home he refused to come out and it took hours to get a search warrant -- by that time any blood alcohol test was essentially useless. Chris' lawyers say drivers aren't required to stay at the scene of an accident until police arrive.

Chris Soules Asks Judge to Dismiss Criminal Charge in Fatal Car Accident | TMZ.com

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    He hired the highest profiled attorney Iowa has. I wont be surprised if he gets off with a hand slap.
    Who's that? I'm on the other side of the state where no one gives a shit about this trick.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information