Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Fiona Apple Arrested for Hash Possession: Report

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    The cop dude obviously has a huge ego. The smart thing would have just been to let Fiona hang herself with her own batshit crazy. Throwing shade like that and saying "honey" and "sweetie" is so beyond unprofessional, it's like he's having a one-man snap-off at a gay pride festival.
    He could have gone all authoritarian on her, instead he's treating it with the levity that her brand of craziness deserves. She was being absurd, and there is a point where point blanc words aren't going to get through, and she indicated it was the case with her inane comments. I believe he wanted to be witty, condescending and clarify the law to settle the argument..he managed it.

fgg

i didn't like his letter because he started out putting her in her place then starts kissing her ass about singing. like he pussed out halfway through.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I don't see anything that passes for wit in his statement. He condescends to her with that honey, sweetie shit. Also, he's got a delusional ego if thinks he's more famous than her.

Her inane ramblings didn't identify him as a problem yet he has to rush out and give her a smackdown because he's THE BIG MAN with a badge and bitch better bow.

Hey big man -- the only way you make arrests is to lay in wait for tour busses to come through because you have a very high chance of finding some drugs. Wow. How ambitious you are! I'm sure the people in your county sleep better at night knowing your cracker jack cop skills are working diligently to rid their neighborhoods of potheads passing through for one night. You really ought to get a cape to go with that badge, you hero, you.

Thank goodness these men are there to protect us from that menace to society, Willie Nelson.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Meh. They both seem a bit tiresome to me. He was just funnier. She's scary at this point. That is major meth face in that pic upthread.

Anyway, I don't get the outrage. This is hardly a trap. People know about it, even I knew about it and I'm not a touring musician. That county, hell many (most?) parts of Texas, are quite clear, open and frank about their policies. Hauling drugs through there is like visiting Saudi Arabia in hot pants.

Basically, it's their dumbass county, they may do as they please! I don't see how they should change their laws, attitudes, etc. to suit those of us who think pot is great and our way is better. (Even though it is. )

Anyway, there are plenty of cooler counties, states, etc. to hang out in. I'm fine with different places being, well, different; but if I don't like the way they run things, I won't give 'em the time of day--including my tourist bucks.

Yup, I'll stay here in the lovely Bay Area where people openly puff the ganja at Giants baseball games and visitors from Texas look on in astonishment. Some funny shit hit the news last time the Rangers came to town to play at AT&T Park...
    00Kimmi00 likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

The Michael K article made me laugh, not because the cop's reaction was funny or witty (I didn't realize cops were allowed to make comments like this, much less had time to do it), but because of Michael K's satire. Everyone involved in this sounds like a bunch of nutjobs. If I were on tour, I'd avoid this county like the plague and/or not have hash on me when I drove through there. Whatever fine she got probably just paid for new mars lights on their hopped up police vehicles.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

fgg

Fiona Apple responds to criticisms that she looks too thin & too old

I know some of you are like “WHO?” when I mention Fiona Apple in the links, but I’ve loved Fiona for more than a decade now. Her debut album (Tidal) still holds up, and her second and third albums (When the Pawn and Extraordinary Machine) are still wonderful to me, and I’m still discovering nuances and different emotions with all of her songs. I bought her new album (The Idler Wheel) but I haven’t put the CD in my car yet (I need to prepare myself for it). So… just be gentle with Fiona. She’s weird and brilliant and weird. And I love her.

Anyway, these are photos of Fiona performing in Miami Beach last night, as part of her “Every Single Night” tour. This is the same tour that she was on when she was arrested for possession of hashish/weed a few weeks ago in Texas. Shortly after her arrest, Fiona spoke about her arrest while she was on stage – you can see the video here. I’m not going to harp on and on about it because… well, I don’t really care. She was arrested for possession in Texas, for goodness sake. Practically everyone is arrested for possession in Texas. It’s no biggie. The thing that bothers me is that post-arrest, everyone is now getting up in Fiona’s business, and Radar and other outlets are like, “OMG, she’s so weird and she has an eating disorder.” Ugh.

Speaking of, we also got a tip from a loyal reader who says that she was at Fiona’s concert in Clearwater, Florida… which must have been two nights ago, I guess, before this Miami concert. According to this tip:

Fiona filmed a video at the beginning of the show in which she directly addressed Perez Hilton (because he puts his name on his stories, “unlike TMZ”) via an audience member’s camera for a good fifteen minutes or so. She talked about how hurt and angered she’d been by reading celebrity gossip stories about herself, and insisted that she doesn’t look 90 years old and that ‘those’ (weed and hash, presumably) are the only drugs she does.

She went on to explain her weight loss, strange comments, and reaction to her arrest, and then she delivered literally the performance of a lifetime, hitting every note and joining passionately in with her amazing band. I’m obviously a fan, so I’m biased, but I’ve seen her before and this was by far her best concert to my knowledge. If any of the stories are true, none of it has affected her voice or her intensely enthusiastic stage persona. Anyway, it’ll be interesting to see if the video turns up in the next gossip cycle, but she won’t know, because she told the crowd she gave her computer to someone else last night and stopped reading all the gossip comments.

[Via Commenter tip]

Fiona has always been criticized for her size, for her extreme slimness. I don’t know if she has an eating disorder, or if she did and she doesn’t anymore. I don’t know. She’s always been really skinny. I would love to see her gain about 20 pounds, but whatever. I’m not going to harp on and on about it. I do think she should forget the bangs, for what it’s worth. They’re adding to her gaunt appearance.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Fiona Apple responds to criticisms that she looks too thin & too old

scary pics of her at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The comments have been a bit excessive, about her weight. She looks thin, but not like she's dying. Her complexion and face are haggard as fuck and she fully deserves the comments about that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

^^^ i dunno, i saw her in concert about two weeks ago and she did look more than just slender, she looked scary thin and very haggard. and given the way she acted on stage, she wasn't just smoking dope. she couldn't keep time with her band, and she missed the words to a few songs (from the When the Pawn album). personally, i don't care what she looks like but if i'm paying $$$ to see her in concert and she can't even perform, then yeah, i am going to criticize her.

She whined, I mean harangued her audience for FIFTEEN MINUTES about this shit?!

That out-LeAnns LeAnn. I'm impressed. This one has potential. Shall we invite her for a pink wig fitting?
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information