Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FHM Magazine doesn't care about black people?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I have a bit of Italian from my dad's side-- skin is light, but with an olive cast. As a kid I wanted to have light hair and eyes like my mama, because she has always been the most beautiful woman ever to me. She always wanted dark hair and eyes like me though.

I'm with you on the guys. Handsome comes in all colors, but they must be smart.

Once I went out with the most beautiful guy (by Hollywood standards) and he turned out to be as dumb as a box of rocks. Big turn off. I much prefer the funny, witty, quirky types.... usually tall and skinny with kinda big noses.
    I know why you like big noses....

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

^^ You got it figured out just right.

Fingers and feet can fool you. Noses NEVER lie!

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

LOL. You two are awful. I still am really superficial about looks, though. The way I see things if I wanted to just talk to a guy, I can be friends with him. If I'm gettin bizzee he needs to be something more!!!

I think part of it is the grass is always greener. When I was in high school I was stick skinny with bone straight hair and nice and tall. But I wanted to be short and plump with wavy hair! Just like with you and your mom Sweetness. Luckily my hair has gotten wavy over the years, I love my height, and my upper body skinniness has somehow fooled the world into not noticing that my ass would make Becky have a conniption fit.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    Fingers and feet can fool you. Noses NEVER lie!
    I wondered how Sean Penn got Robin now I know.....

I've come to a number of general public forums where a few dorky dudes in corny 'hot black girls' thread came up and said 'I don't really find black women attractive, only the mixed ones'. One was even so bold as to say 'most black chicks are ugly unless they're light skinned or biracial [sad smiley face]'. Its funny, because if some black man were to say that I wouldn't even care, I've heard it all before...its the same thing all the time in the black community. But it makes me uncomfortable to see someone of another race to say it. Its awkward. Oh, so thats how they see us? Its like realizing that many people who don't know any black people where they live rely on BET to form their opinions of blacks (shudder).

Its basically the equivalent of the mainstream blonde and blue eyes in the general society. You could have the homeliest, plane jane girl that guys would worship (any race) but if she has blonde hair and blue eyes, shes automatically beautiful, hot, or whatever.

Just go to IMDb. Any attractive black actress or singer's profile, there is always one 'what is she mixed/ethnicity is?' thread. From Sanaa Lathan, Eva Pigford, Aaliyah, Lark Vorhees, Beyonce, Meagan Good etc. The sad thing is that they don't even acknowledge what they're asking. GUESS WHAT, BLACK FOLKS COME IN ALL SHADES OF BROWN. But if you're a shade lighter than coal you're mixed until proven black.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Its funny, because if some black man were to say that I wouldn't even care, I've heard it all before...its the same thing all the time in the black community. But it makes me uncomfortable to see someone of another race to say it. Its awkward. Oh, so thats how they see us?

Now see this is where I get into trouble. Why do you think it's OK for you to have these feelings but others can't? It's wrong. It's judging a person for their skin color no matter how you sugar coat it. I'll go one further and state that I never knew black people felt that way until I worked with two light skinned black ladies. How can black people expect not to be discriminated against when they discriminate against each other? I hate discrimination, I abhore it on any level and it's been a major topic all my life. For the love, fix it people and lets move on "we are not this body we are whats in the body"

OK I'll stop ranting and preaching.

What are you talking about?

I'm saying I'm so used to hearing black on black frustrations, arguments, opinions on that particular subject that it feels awkward to see that other races say or acknowledge the same thing when it comes to black beauty perception. The more closer to white we look, the more comfortable it is to accept them. It just surprised me to see someone outright say that in front of my face, and not see how could that have been insulting.

You'll see many dark skin girls -- not just Black, but Indian, etc. -- who wish they could be lighter because black men (and men in general) tend to prefer lighter skin as more "attractive". Women go through great lengths to try and lighten their skin, even though its not possible. ESPECIALLY in the 80s. While on the other hand, dark skin black men is desirable (tall dark and handsome) but its always easier for men regardless of the topic. Beauty is pushed upon girls way too hard, and such an early age. Have you seen that documentary a black teenage female made, about little black girl(s) self esteem? It was sad to see.

I'll have you know, I didn't even read the thread yet. I probably should have. So maybe I missed something. But you're under the impression that "...I'm saying its OK..." when I haven't said anything. You can rant and preach all you want, I won't stop you. I do agree with you. Maybe it didn't come across that way.
    Last edited by bychance; May 12th, 2008 at 09:55 PM.

FHM's readership is primarily white, of course all the 'hot' women will be white. Everyone complains about people pulling the race card but racism exists and it's time people start recognizing it. Those other magazine's are doing the same thing (XXL, King,etc). It's pathetic to me that society in general thinks the lighter you are ,the better/classier it makes you. I love variety, it would be boring if everyone were blond -blue eyed and it would be equally boring if everyone had brown hair & eyes. What is really disturbing is the fact that fhm,king,xxl,etc make their money by exploiting women.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I can't even think of a good example of a black woman who doesn't go all European...maybe Eryka Badu....Lauren Hill, but she's crazy...man, I wish more bitches would rock their 'fros. I want to experience a black woman's beauty, not a black woman masquerading as white...

It's so rare...and that's a sad thing.

They should get Naomi Campbell on that list. She's definitely hot, plus if she feels slighted and gets mad she might do something!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information