Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree1212Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Hedge fund CEO embroiled in college bribery scandal steps down after stocks plunged
    If he did the whole thing in order to keep his "status" among business partners it backfired spectacularly. Well deserved.

I still can’t believe that Felicity was handcuffed! And they pulled guns on her ass. Wow. But this is what white privilege is. As many times as Felicity has tooted her liberal horn? Unbelievable that she would pull such a stunt. I know that parents sometimes go to the mat for their chilluns, but this is shit Trump would do.
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

czb

^^^ i think we had higher expectations of some people but we shouldn't. corruption crosses all lines.

but i find it odd that i read somewhere that felicity (or one of the other parents) said that their kid didn't know they had a ringer do their SAT. how is that possible? i remember in the dark ages when i took the SATs, results were mailed to you.

It also seems to me that SAT/ACT needs heavily scrutinized from here on since they seem to not be able to keep their house clean.
    Mivvi21 likes this.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

czb

^^^ that might well be.

and i realize that some people will be saying, duh. this has been happening for years.
    ChemicalHelena likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalHelena View Post
    It also seems to me that SAT/ACT needs heavily scrutinized from here on since they seem to not be able to keep their house clean.
    It wouldn't be foolproof, but they need to have cameras monitoring these one-on-one proctored SAT exams where someone could basically get away with murder because there are no other witnesses to see what's going on, aside from the "conspirators".

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ i think we had higher expectations of some people but we shouldn't. corruption crosses all lines.

but i find it odd that i read somewhere that felicity (or one of the other parents) said that their kid didn't know they had a ringer do their SAT. how is that possible? i remember in the dark ages when i took the SATs, results were mailed to you.
    I don't see how this is plausible either. I knew what my SAT scores were, and when I took the exams, and how the scores correlated. You don't just magically get a 1,800 or whatever unless you are some kind of known genius. In addition, the kid would have also known that they were getting average SAT and PSAT scores through the years as they led up to the SAT. You don't get an average PSAT and then get an elite SAT score the next year. They had to know something - unless they were that airhead Olivia Jade, who continues to dig a deeper grave for her parents with every additional interview they dig up: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-college.html

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I still can’t believe that Felicity was handcuffed! And they pulled guns on her ass. Wow. But this is what white privilege is. As many times as Felicity has tooted her liberal horn? Unbelievable that she would pull such a stunt. I know that parents sometimes go to the mat for their chilluns, but this is shit Trump would do.
    I always thought that it was enough that you could afford to send your kids to college and not have them come out with basically mortgage-level debt. That's how it was for me, and that is basically what we have set up for our kids. But to get them in a school that is academically over their heads? I don't get it -- a whole new level of helicoptering.
    ChemicalHelena and BITTER like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

i think there were different levels of scheming. i guess the starter level for parents paying 15k or so was just having someone correct their kids responses on the test, i think they mentioned this was after their kids took it so it's plausible the kids didn't know. though
    Brookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think there were different levels of scheming. i guess the starter level for parents paying 15k or so was just having someone correct their kids responses on the test, i think they mentioned this was after their kids took it so it's plausible the kids didn't know. though
    I don’t see how the kids couldn’t know... the test scores get mailed to the kid. Wouldn’t little olivia be surprised if she scored 300+ points higher than previously??

I ve read all this and i got to say,now i understand why so many celebrities encourage their crotch fruit to turn to modelling,acting,singing...Education in the US is much more expensive than i thought.
    Janet296 and SHELLEE like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Michael Center, UT Tennis Coach, lives in my hood and he was arrested from his home at 6am yesterday morning for taking a $100K bribe for admittance of a student in 2015. His wife is the books keeper at a local private school. (hmmnn) Their son has played basketball with our son's team adn you would never have guessed he was the type to commit fraud. I'm hoping he didn't do anything fraudulent, but certainly appears to be the case. oh, what many will do.....SAD!
    Janet296 and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

I just had to go and watch this idiot Olivia Jade’s “vlog” about attending her first college party lol. How ironic. I lasted about 90 seconds. She mentioned it was an “all black party” so I hope that meant to refer to the color of clothes and not some racist fraternity shit. America, this is who will eventually be running this country.... just shoot me now.

btw, they turned off the comments on her vlogs....lol not surprised.

Brookie likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

America, this is who will eventually be running this country.
    Only if her parents make her!!!

Silver Member

What happened hiring your kids to work at your company as top executives?
    twitchy2.0, fgg, palta and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Because a high profile school doesn’t mean that the work is more challenging than the work at a state school. I remember how easy Harvard Law’s first year curriculum was compared to my school’s. We had more classes and our school curved down. If you had an 84, you got a C. Harvard curved up. If you had an 87, you got an A. That’s why so many people graduate from there with honors. We used to talk about it with the other Boston law students all the time. The hardest part is getting in.
    I went to a state public school and dated a guy who went to Duke. I needed 120 credit hours to graduate. That's 15 hours/semester for 4 years, which is 5 classes. He needed 96 credit hours to graduate. That's one fewer class per semester for 4 years! I guess they need that extra time to camp out for basketball tickets. Sheesh. I don't know about the grading system. At my school a 90-93 was an A-. I bet Duke gave A's for 90+. Actually, I think that may be true. I don't think they had + and - grades. Easy.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information