Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree2298Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

So who's the $6.5 million kid mentioned in some of the articles. That kid could replace lead shielding.
    fgg, idunno, needmeds and 6 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Damn, if I had 6,5 million to give awaye, my kid wouldn't have to work ever. Why waste it on a college when you are that rich?
    Beeyotch, Mrs P and MsDark like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Hey, I have to give props to Huffman and Loughlin for at least trying to get their sprogs fake degrees instead of foisting them on the world as "models".
    Good Point.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

However...... in one way this is worse. Their kids are laughing stocks on line and at their schools. People want them expelled, at a minimum. They may also have known what their parents were doing and helped out (posing for bogus photos, etc.). In that sense, their parents got them involved (at the age of 18, I'm guessing) in a criminal conspiracy that never would have happened except for their parents' egos and outsized ambition. I mean, this is starting to sound like the Executive Branch over here!!!
    emkat, needmeds, czb and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    The parents ego
    That's exactly what is driving most of these people-in my opinion. They look at their children as a reflection of themselves.
    Honeythorn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    So who's the $6.5 million kid mentioned in some of the articles. That kid could replace lead shielding.
    i thought 6 million was the total for all parents?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Holy crap, Aunt Becky married the Mossimo from Target brand guy? I had no idea he made so much money, but I do remember loving all the mossimo stuff back then. Great deal for Target prices.

I will take the most pleasure from seeing these kids kicked out of school.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i thought 6 million was the total for all parents?
    Nope! Some child was spectacularly dense. Like a black hole.

The ringleader of this thing got $25 million according to the FBI. I don't even know what the total was.
    mostroop, weathered1 and Shinola like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

holy fuck!
    though it makes sense that idiots willing to pay 6 million to get their kid into a good school, would have a kid dumb enough that that's what it would cost to cheat their way into a good school.
    palta, HWBL and ConstanceSpry like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

$6.5 million. That's so dumb. Your kid isn't college material. I'm sure it's obvious so I don't know who the parents think they're fooling.

Now I want to know who that is.
    mostroop and sparkles like this.

Those morons could have put that 6.5 million in a trust to make sure their dumb as a rock spawn never had to work for living. Disgusting that anyone even has that kind of money to blow on something like this in the first place. I cannot help but hope every single one of these over privileged brats are expelled from their schools. They didn't earn it, and don't deserve to be there..
    Mrs P, redcat, HWBL and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    holy fuck!
    though it makes sense that idiots willing to pay 6 million to get their kid into a good school, would have a kid dumb enough that that's what it would cost to cheat their way into a good school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    $6.5 million. That's so dumb. Your kid isn't college material. I'm sure it's obvious so I don't know who the parents think they're fooling.

Now I want to know who that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    Those morons could have put that 6.5 million in a trust to make sure their dumb as a rock spawn never had to work for living. Disgusting that anyone even has that kind of money to blow on something like this in the first place. I cannot help but hope every single one of these over privileged brats are expelled from their schools. They didn't earn it, and don't deserve to be there..
    Exactly. For $6.5M, there are a few foolproof businesses that you could make for your stupid spawn. Most of them do nothing of substance with their lives, so if you need to pay that much money to just be able to say that your kid when to Georgetown ... pfft. You've got issues.
    Mrs P, Mivvi21 and HWBL like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Holy crap, Aunt Becky married the Mossimo from Target brand guy? I had no idea he made so much money, but I do remember loving all the mossimo stuff back then. Great deal for Target prices.

I will take the most pleasure from seeing these kids kicked out of school.
    I have a Mossimo nightshirt on right now. It's stretchy and soft and I love it. That's all I buy from Target though ... nightshirts.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I'm getting a flashback from law school in England, at a dinner party, where I spoke to the chap next to me. I'd never seen him in the classroom, so I asked what he was doing there. "Hourses for courses". So basically his family was paying for his degree and he didn't bother. And yes, his British teeth were wonky.

He's the 2nd CEO that had to step down today.

Hedge fund CEO embroiled in college bribery scandal steps down after stocks plunged when he was charged with paying someone to help his two 'gloating' daughters cheat on their SATs and bribing Georgetown's tennis coach to recruit one of them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6804325/Hedge-fund-CEO-embroiled-college-bribery-scandal-steps-down.html
    fgg likes this.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information