Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree1212Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    here are more deets, from msnbc.com:

Singer facilitated the cheating by advising students to seek "extended time on the exams, including by having their children purport to have learning disabilities in order to obtain medical documentation that ACT, Inc. and the College Board typically required before granting students extended time," the indictment says.
    6 months ago, my DD who suffers from long time, well documented PTSD, Anxiety disorder and Binge Eating Disorder, and is on medication for all of it asked her regular therapist to write a script for the extended time on the ACT. The shrink who owns the practice said because of 'past issues' (Greenwich, CT), as a practice we do not EVER write the script. Please see your pediatrician. The pediatrician said, why cant the shrink who she is actually seeing for it write it? We eventually just gave up. But clearly this scam has been happening for quite some time and docs are hesitant to go there.
    Angeli and Shinola like this.

These two seem to be nice people, a nice couple, very talented and in the biz forever. They knew better. Too bad The Will Smiths didn't get a chance to do something like this. That I'd pay money for.

So Mossimo Giannulli is worth an estimated $85 million and a couple years ago listed their bel air home for sale at $35 mil. They probably wipe their ass with 500k
    Brookie and Shinola like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess of Verona View Post
    6 months ago, my DD who suffers from long time, well documented PTSD, Anxiety disorder and Binge Eating Disorder, and is on medication for all of it asked her regular therapist to write a script for the extended time on the ACT. The shrink who owns the practice said because of 'past issues' (Greenwich, CT), as a practice we do not EVER write the script. Please see your pediatrician. The pediatrician said, why cant the shrink who she is actually seeing for it write it? We eventually just gave up. But clearly this scam has been happening for quite some time and docs are hesitant to go there.
    um, scooter, if you got your kid an IEP you wouldn't have had this problem. just sayin'.
    fgg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    My husband is a federal criminal investigator. I asked how they found out about this. He said the guy was probably arrested for something else and offered up info on this to get off easier. He said he expects there will be lawsuits coming from kids who got wait-listed.
    From what I read, that is almost exactly how it was discovered. They were initially investigating something else, and found this.
    Janet296 and mopar like this.

um, scooter, if you got your kid an IEP you wouldn't have had this problem. just sayin'.
    A 504 may actually be what she needs, and 504s provide for testing accommodations as well. I would ask to meet with the school counselor to talk about possibly getting her on a 504.
    czb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    That Olivia Jade girl seems like a real beacon of intelligence. I wonder if she bought a ticket to Fyre Festival. Also assuming she was getting a great kickback from Amazon Prime for that lovely ad she gave via interview about her college "digs".
    This couldn’t be happening to a more deserving twat. Nice kid you raised Aunt Becky. I bet she not only bought tickets to Frye, she was the one idiot who spent an additional $125k for the private yacht (dinghy) that sleeps 10!

Here I am spending my weekends on the ball field with my kid so she can learn some discipline. Pfft. This really pisses me off and this is going to be the new talking point this weekend over at Fox News about the “disgusting liberal left” while Trump continues to lie, cheat, and run business scams along with his troglodytes. Kelly Anne Crypt-Keeper is already tweeting up a storm about this shaming the celebrities and @ them in tweets like a tough girl. She must have forgot that Jared benefited from this same exact shady practice over 12 years ago and when it was exposed back in 2016 there was crickets coming from the Whitehouse.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...e-into-harvard
    Angeli, rollo, HWBL and 2 others like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

^^^Let’s not forget to add dumb as dirt Prince Coat-tail Rider aka Diaper Don to the list of Hypocrites embarrassing themselves today on Social Media....SMFH.....they literally walk themselves right into these jokes......

Trump Jr also offered up a snarky response to Huffman, who tweeted: ‘What are you best “hacks” for the back-to-school season?’ To which Don Jr replied: ‘I’m learning some new ones as we speak. Stay tuned.’

Mark Harris tweeted: ‘You were literally incontinent during most of your Ivy League education.’ In a book excerpt, Don Jr was purportedly known during his college days as ‘Diaper Don.’

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I'm sure Bill Macy knew this was going on. It's been going on for decades I hope they can put an end to this, it's so unfair to the honest people out there.
    Angeli and HeartShapedBox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    A 504 may actually be what she needs, and 504s provide for testing accommodations as well. I would ask to meet with the school counselor to talk about possibly getting her on a 504.
    The 504 will also transfer to college an IEP does not.
    BrickHouse likes this.

I work with a lot of kids part time that have IEPs. I never knew that a lot of their parents would force them to get diagnosed at a young age so that they would get IEPs. Apparently in NYS you go to college for free if you graduate with one

Still no mugshot ? Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I work with a lot of kids part time that have IEPs. I never knew that a lot of their parents would force them to get diagnosed at a young age so that they would get IEPs. Apparently in NYS you go to college for free if you graduate with one
    Native New Yorker here--- absolutely not true. There are various academic scholarships available, especially if they major in SPED. NYS also has The Excelsior Scholarship.

https://www.ny.gov/programs/tuition-...or-scholarship
    Shinola likes this.

At least it only cost Huffman and Macy 15k to get their spawn into a good school, not half a million like aunt Becky.
    fgg, idunno and BelledeJour like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ Maybe the really dense kids cost more?
    mostroop, Trixie, fgg and 6 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information