Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast
Like Tree3033Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

fgg

Ex-con Felicity Huffman scores first acting role after prison stint

She caught her prison break.

Ex-con Felicity Huffman has landed her first role following her involvement in the college admissions scandal.

The “Desperate Housewives” alumna, who served just 11 days of a two-week jail sentence last year, has signed on to star in an untitled ABC comedy inspired by the life of Susan Savage, owner of Triple-A baseball’s Sacramento River Cats, according to Deadline.

The project will co-star Zack Gottsagen (“The Peanut Butter Falcon”). The series was reportedly pitched to Huffman by producer Aaron Kaplan, CEO of Kapital Entertainment, and will be written by Becky Hartman Edwards (“The Baker and the Beauty,” “The Bold Type”). Huffman, Kaplan (“A Million Little Things”) and Hartman Edwards will executive produce.

Huffman, an Emmy winner and Oscar nominee (“Transamerica”), will play Savage, who in an unexpected move took over as majority River Cats owner following her husband Art Savage’s death in November 2009. Gottsagen will play their son, who has Down syndrome and is himself a baseball fan, reported Deadline. The real-life team won the Triple-A national championship last year.

If they need to fill out the show’s roster, they may not have to look far for help. “Full House” actress Lori Loughlin is set to be released from prison herself next month after serving a two-month sentence for her participation in the college admissions dustup.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/30/ex-con...584.1604687787
    Witchywoman likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Not a bad choice, it will bring in a lot of viewers. Susan Savage

I'm ok with it. Felicity owned up to her shit and seem remorseful. Unlike others....
    sputnik, czb, Mrs Fawlty and 5 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I'm ok with it. Felicity owned up to her shit and seem remorseful. Unlike others....
    Yeah I suppose on the scale of scumbaggery, a rat who gets caught and apologizes is better than one who gets caught and refuses to accept they did anything wrong. Lol. Still in the real world, others wouldn’t be let off so easy and have suffered worse consequences for a lesser charge.
    Last edited by Labelwhore; December 2nd, 2020 at 02:12 AM.

fgg

Olivia Jade to break silence on college admissions scandal on ‘Red Table Talk’

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli’s daughter Olivia Jade is finally discussing her experience being caught in the middle of the college admissions scandal.

Jade, 21, sat down with Jada Pinkett Smith and Willow Smith for Tuesday’s episode of “Red Table Talk.”

She explained her decision to participate in the show in a promo clip on Instagram, saying, “I’ve watched the show and I think you guys are all amazing and it feels really safe. But it also feels honest and feels like we’re really going to lay it all out here and it’s going to be an open conversation.”

Jade has remained tight-lipped since her parents were both sentenced to time in prison for their role in the scandal that swept the nation by storm.

Loughlin, 56, is currently serving a two-month prison sentence at California’s Dublin FCI and is expected to be out of the slammer in time for Christmas.

Meanwhile, 57-year-old Giannulli, who prepped for jail by shaving his head, reported to FCI Lompoc in November for his five-month sentence.

The couple paid $500,000 to William “Rick” Singer to secure Jade and her sister, Isabella Rose Giannulli’s admission to the University of Southern California. The girls were accepted as rowing recruits despite never participating in the sport.

Actress Felicity Huffman was also caught up in the scandal and served 11 days of a two-week jail sentence in 2019. It was recently revealed that the “Desperate Housewives” alum has landed her first acting role since her release.

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/07/olivi...ed-table-talk/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Wow, looking forward to this Mensa meeting. And her surname is suddenly "Jade"?
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

to be fair, I think she was already going by Olivia jade professionally even before aunt Becky and mossimo and his terrible nose job got arrested. I'm kind of surprised ever bitchy page six were nice enough to not use her surname though.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Olivia Jade Celebrates the New Year After Lori Loughlin’s Prison Release: 'Keep the Vibes Good'

Lori Loughlin was released from prison on Dec. 28
    By Ally Mauch
    January 02, 2021 12:00 PM

Olivia Jade Giannulli is saying goodbye to 2020.

The 20-year-old daughter of Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli shared a series of photos and videos on Friday celebrating the start of the new year.

“2021 let’s just keep the vibes good, k?” she wrote alongside the post, which showed her smiling and dancing with friends.

The post came less than a week after Loughlin, 56, was released from a federal correctional facility in Dublin, California, on Monday morning after finishing her sentence for her involvement in the nationwide college admissions scandal. Her husband is still serving his five-month sentence.

A source confirmed to PEOPLE on Monday that following her release, the Full House star shared an emotional reunion with daughters Olivia and Isabella Rose Giannulli, 21.

“It’s the end of a very long ordeal," said the source.

A second insider added that the actress "seems beyond relieved that she can put her prison sentence behind her."

In May, Loughlin admitted to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, while her fashion designer husband pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and one count of honest services wire and mail fraud. The couple was caught up in the scandal in which more than 50 parents allegedly bribed their children's way into prestigious universities.

According to the criminal complaint against them, the couple was accused of paying $500,000 to Rick Singer and Key Worldwide Foundation to falsely designate Olivia and Isabella, as recruits to the University of Southern California crew team, even though neither ever participated in the sport.

On Aug. 21, a judge approved the couple’s plea deal, sentencing her to two months in jail, a $150,000 fine and 150 hours of community service, while Giannulli received five months in jail, a $250,000 fine and 250 hours of community service.

Mossimo Giannulli Let Me Finish Prison Bid From Home ... Fears COVID-19 Exposure

Mossimo Giannulli wants to finish off his prison sentence from the comfort of his own crib ... and he says it's all due to how the pandemic is impacting his time behind bars.

Lori Loughlin's husband says he's already spent 56 days in solitary at California's FCI Lompoc as a result of the prison's COVID quarantine procedures, and he’s now asking a judge to let him spend the rest of his 5-month sentence in home confinement ... according to new legal docs.
    SplashNews.com

As we reported ... Mossimo surrendered Nov. 19 to serve his prison sentence for the college bribery scandal. He shaved his head for the occasion, giving himself more of a tough-guy look.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, Mossimo claims his time in solitary is making his incarceration way more extreme than it should be and warrants an alternative option of home confinement.

He says being confined to a small cell 24/7, with only three 20-minute breaks per week, is taking a mental, physical and emotional toll.
    Lori Loughlin Family Photos
    loughlin's family photos Launch Gallery

Lori's already home after serving almost 2 months behind bars, and Mossimo claims he won't be bringing COVID back with him if he's sprung early -- he says he's tested negative at least 10 times.

TMZ

I knew that his entitled ass would weasel out if his "time"
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

He says being confined to a small cell 24/7, with only three 20-minute breaks per week, is taking a mental, physical and emotional toll.

Wow, what kind of resort is this? Almost sounds like a prison! Oh, wait...
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

That Family Is Trying To Finesse The System — Again
    Ineye Komonibo
    Last Updated 17 January 2021, 17:26

Just weeks after Lori Loughlin’s brief stint behind bars for her involvement in Operation Varsity Blues came to an end, the Fuller House actress’ husband is also making moves to alleviate his own prison sentence. And, true to the privilege and audacity the couple has shown throughout this entire scandal, the latest development in the case is quite wild.
    Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli were prosecuted by the federal government after being named in a massive university admissions scandal; they and several other wealthy parents (including Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman) conspired with admissions expert William Singer to fraudulently help their kids gain admission to prestigious universities. As part of the scam, Singer’s college-prep business The Key Photoshopped students' faces onto athletes' bodies, hired people to proctor standardised tests for students, and funnelled money from parents in the form of "donations."

Once the news of the scandal broke, Giannulli and Loughlin were each charged with conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and had to pay a total of $400,000 (£295,000) in fines. Loughlin was sentenced to a short two months in prison, and in later December, she was released early to return to her family home.
    Fashion designer Giannulli was sentenced to five months behind bars, set to be released in April of this year. However, his legal team is reportedly requesting that some terms of his sentence be altered in a major way.
    The couple was sent to prison at the height of the coronavirus pandemic, and Giannulli was forced to quarantine when he reached the California facility. His lawyers claim that he wasn’t able to leave quarantine even after several negative COVID-19 tests; instead, he was kept in solitary confinement for almost two months. Because of that forced isolation, which Giannulli’s counsel reports had a “significant [impact] on his mental, physical, and emotional well-being," they are now petitioning the judge to allow the designer to serve out the rest of his sentence at home. As in literally going home.
    If the request sounds ridiculous, it’s because it absolutely is. Giannulli’s sentence of just five months behind bars after committing such a blatant act of fraud was already extremely light to begin with — the charges brought against him and his wife could’ve seen them facing millions of dollars worth of fines and up to 50 years behind bars. And now he's trying to dictate the terms of his sentence...the privilege is jumping out.
    When Giannulli and Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade appeared on an episode of The Red Table Talk, she insisted that her parents fully understood the error of their ways and wanted to take responsibility for their actions. I don't know if I believed her then, and given this recent turn of events, her words seem pretty empty now. Does this look like the behavior of a person who wants to be held accountable?

https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/202...ntence-at-home

Bet if he was in gen pop he'd be crying every night about some thing, any thing else....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

yeah, no. giannulli's a douche and both he and becky's sentences should have been longer but solitary confinement has been recognised as a form of torture, and it's way overused in the US. giannulli's an ass but he doesn't pose a threat to anyone in prison and it makes no sense to put him in solitary for two months. if his lawyers are able to use that as leverage to negotiate an early release, i won't even be mad and the blame will lie with the stupid prison officials who keep pulling this shit even though a lot of experts, including at the UN, have been saying for years that solitary confinement should only be used in exceptional circumstances and even then, anything over 15 days is psychological torture.
    also, a lot of people think non-violent prisoners should be allowed to serve their time at home during the pandemic. there's been a lot written about that in the past year, especially for states like california that are pandemic hot spots. public health-wise, it makes sense.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/NewsEvents/...nfinement%20of
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

i think they should just fine him out the wazoo. yeah, this guy is a douche but that doesn't warrant solitary confinement. i've said it before and i will say it again: giannulli will serve more time than the asshole/scum who RAN OVER my BiL and killed him while scum was filming live for instagram. think about it. yeah, giannulli was slimey and what he did was illegal, but i don't think white collar crime is the same as what scum did.

/rant over.

Hey, just a quick update to say that on his last day, Trump did actually pardon one (and only one) of the Varsity Blue's sting defendants - Bob Zangrillo. He seems very, very connected. Story is linked below:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...le-and-swampy/

Don't feel too bad for Becky's husband, sounds like his attorneys exaggerated the isolation claims

"It was within a block of other cells, allowing for communication with other inmates in the unit, and he was allowed out-of-cell time three days per week to shower, use the phone and to email. He also had access to books, mail, a limited commissary and a TV."

I got this from another article, sorry I don't know how to post articles.

Thread Information