Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Like Tree2818Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

czb

yes. even though i admit the pic of aunt becky with her hair in a net, wearing a prison jumpsuit, scooping wet, grey oatmeal for convicts would be satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    This stinks a bit... please tell me she doesn’t do any time because of Covid 19. That would be so insulting on so many levels. Well, I won’t get my underwear in a bunch until they come out with the deal.
    This was the first thing I thought when I read the news. I hope the judge delays sentencing.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In a way, I don't care about the prison sentence, or the time served, as much. These two narcissists will forever be known as admitting to the BS they pulled. And getting a prison sentence for it. For two people like this, that is a big blow.
    And then about 8-12 months later, they'll do a book tour. I just can't with these two. I'm not really happy with the prison sentence ... to commensurate it with what Felicity Huffman got, it's not enough. Not that Huffman should be viewed in a different light ... but she DID cop to it right away, not like these two idiots. And her bribe was only $15K instead of 2x$250K. I will be happy just with not having to see her smirky face coming out of the courtroom being plastered all over the place.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Elite Member

I'm disappointed the fines are so low.
    They should be charged 3-5x the bribes they paid.

Yeah, I'm just glad to see these two smug assholes get taken down a notch. She'll never be the queen of Hallmark again, and who wants his crappy t-shirts. They treated this whole thing like a joke, and now the joke's on them.
    Brookie, Nevan and mostroop like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

Lori Loughlin has ‘been to hell and back’ amid college admissions scandal, pal says

Lori Loughlin has “been to hell and back — and will pay for the rest of her life” after being caught up in the college admissions bribery scandal that shocked the country, a pal tells Page Six.

The “Full House” star and her fashion designer hubby, Mossimo Giannulli, have agreed to plead guilty and serve time behind bars for paying bribes to get their daughters into college, prosecutors announced Thursday.

But a friend told Page Six that the case has taken a huge personal toll on Loughlin. “She’s the sweetest person, this has ruined her life forever, I feel like she’s already paid her dues at this point as this has been so stressful for her,” the pal said. “She’s been to hell and back. She’ll pay for this for the rest of her life.”

The case has also been hard on Loughlin and Giannulli’s relationship, the source confirmed, amid reports they had been struggling but would not divorce.

Loughlin and Giannulli originally vowed to fight the charges, proclaiming that they believed the money was a legitimate donation to admitted college fixer William “Rick” Singer.

The friend added: “I did feel at first that they should have pleaded guilty in the beginning, they’ve wasted a lot of money to get to the place where they are now.” But, “I think she would have got more time if she had done that. I think with the pandemic, there was a thought just to get the case wrapped up quickly.”

Loughlin and Giannulli were said to have paid $500,000 to get their daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella Rose, into the University of Southern California as rowing recruits. Neither girl was involved in the sport.

According to the prosecutor’s statement on Thursday, Loughlin, 55, will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and mail fraud, while Giannulli, 56, will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud.

Under the proposed plea agreements, Loughlin will serve two months in prison, perform 100 hours of community service and pay a $150,000 fine. Her husband will serve five months in prison, pay a $250,000 fine and perform 250 hours of community service.

Both recommended sentences are subject to a judge’s approval. The couple will enter their pleas via video conference on Friday morning, according to court records.

“Under the plea agreements filed today, these defendants will serve prison terms reflecting their respective roles in a conspiracy to corrupt the college admissions process and which are consistent with prior sentences in this case. We will continue to pursue accountability for undermining the integrity of college admissions,” US Attorney Andrew E. Lelling said in a statement.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/21/lori-...s-scandal-pal/

Here’s how you can watch Lori Loughlin plead guilty on Zoom

Lori Loughlin will make her return to the screen Friday — when she pleads guilty via video to scamming her two daughters’ way into college.

Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, will appear for the video conference that members of the public can follow online by signing up through the Boston US Attorney’s Office. Participants then get a link to a Zoom video that will go live Friday morning — though photographing, recording and broadcasting the proceeding is against the law.

The couple is among the defendants forced to appear in virtual courtrooms across the nation due to coronavirus restrictions.

Loughlin, who rose to fame as Aunt Becky on the hit TV sitcom “Full House,” and Giannulli are expected to plead guilty to conspiracy charges for paying $500,000 to get their daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella Rose, into the University of Southern California as fake rowing recruits.

The pair copped plea deals with prosecutors that involve jail time, fines and community service — despite issuing full-throated defenses against the charges in the widespread college admissions scandal.

Their sentences are subject to a judge’s approval.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/21/heres...uilty-on-zoom/
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

OMG, they are STILL doing the woe is me crap. Suck it up Aunt Becky and Target Boy. You lied. Then you lied about lying and then continued to lie. That to me doesn't equal "the sweetest person." Can then maintain any shred of integrity FFS? The fact that they've been to "hell and back" IS THEIR OWN FAULT!!!!!!!!!

YOU wouldn't be facing consequences if YOU didn't do something illegal!
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

czb

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    ... Aunt Becky and Target Boy....

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In a way, I don't care about the prison sentence, or the time served, as much. These two narcissists will forever be known as admitting to the BS they pulled. And getting a prison sentence for it. For two people like this, that is a big blow.
    i know what you mean, but i can't really help secretly wishing she'd go to prison and get the shit kicked outta her. just once!

Pffft. Y'all "thought it was a donation" my ass. You know what you fucking did. It's illegal. And you could have saved yourself a whole fuckload of that hell-and-back hassle if you didn't think you were too good (and too rich) to admit you fucked up and thought you should be able to get away with it sans consequences.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Here’s how you can watch Lori Loughlin plead guilty on Zoom
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Lori Loughlin’s Daughters Olivia Jade and Bella Giannulli Are ‘Proud’ of Her Decision to Plead Guilty.

Taking the win. Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli’s daughters, Olivia Jade and Bella, respect their parents’ decision to plead guilty in the nationwide college admissions case.

“They’re proud of their mom and dad,” a source reveals exclusively to Us Weekly, noting that the siblings are relieved Loughlin, 55, and Mossimo, 56, will likely only be in prison for a matter of months rather than years.

As the family moves on, Bella, 21, and Olivia Jade, 20, have come to terms with the situation. “It will be surreal for Isabella and Olivia to visit them behind bars, but this is a much better outcome than what they envisioned,” the insider says.

Despite the drama surrounding the case since Loughlin and Mossimo’s arrests in March 2019, the sisters want what is best for their parents. “As embarrassing and awful as it’s been, Olivia and Isabella still love their mom deeply, and it pains them to see her suffer,” the source adds.
    The When Calls the Heart alum and the fashion designer pleaded guilty to fraud charges on Friday, May 22. While the pair will be sentenced on August 21, they have already agreed to a plea deal.
    Loughlin will serve two months in prison and two years of supervised release with 100 hours of community service as well as pay a $150,000 fine. Mossimo, for his part, will spend five months in prison and two years of supervised release with 250 hours of community service as well as pay a $250,000 fine.
    The couple, who wed in November 1997, were previously accused of paying $500,000 in bribes to get their daughters into the University of Southern California.
    Olivia Jade and Bella were initially “devastated” when they found out about Mossimo and Loughlin’s intentions to plead guilty. “The girls have been spending a lot of time at their parents’ house recently, and they are becoming much more of a tight-knit family,” a source told Us earlier this month. “The girls have been on so many ups and downs that they were happy it was going to be over, but [they] fear for their mom going to jail.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-plead-guilty/

I'm so sick of hearing how everyone is so devastated in this story. There was a way to make it through legally ... apply and see if you got accepted based on your merits!! Otherwise, STFU.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253

Thread Information