Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree2005Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

Quote Originally Posted by daphne View Post
    damn, aunt becky got busted. I wonder if she'll play herself in the tv movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i'm sure that her husband will design a flattering orange jumpsuit.
    rotfl!! 😝

Here's what I don't get. These people have money so send your child to a good private school from K-12 that will prepare them to do well on the SATs so they can get into a good college. If they need private tutors, these parents can afford it.

They just took the sleazy, lazy way. Way to teach your children that they are entitled! Ugh!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; March 12th, 2019 at 07:26 PM.

Oh WHM... I like him so much as an actor. Now I don't know what to think about the guy, since it seems he was involved.
    mopar likes this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

I had to Google that little Mossimo heifer with the stripper sounding name.

Yeah right. She needs to stick to make up tutorials and not waste her parents money. But whatever, I guess she'll have the house to herself to throw parties if mom and dad end up in the clink. (Which I doubt, but I loved saying that).
    Waterslide likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hey, I have to give props to Huffman and Loughlin for at least trying to get their sprogs fake degrees instead of foisting them on the world as "models".
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Hey, I have to give props to Huffman and Loughlin for at least trying to get their sprogs fake degrees instead of foisting them on the world as "models".
    Except the Loughlin spawn in foisting herself on the public as an "influencer" (wtf actually is that ?). I feel sorry for all the lower middle class/ working class/ poor kids who would love to attend but don't have the resources to bribe officials and have to compete for college spots with cheaters .
    Angeli, redcat, rollo and 2 others like this.

An influencer of what? Stupid spoiled whoredom as a way of life?

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

yes
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Except the Loughlin spawn in foisting herself on the public as an "influencer" (wtf actually is that ?). I feel sorry for all the lower middle class/ working class/ poor kids who would love to attend but don't have the resources to bribe officials and have to compete for college spots with cheaters .
    Yeah, but that's her ambition, not what her parents wanted. They wanted her to get a fake degree. What they thought she would do with it is a mystery though.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

Say what you will about the Kartrasians, at least their kids aren't taking up a college slot from some rightful student.

This one blew my mind. I wish they would be forced to pay for my college so I can finish up my degree as a punishment.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

My husband is a federal criminal investigator. I asked how they found out about this. He said the guy was probably arrested for something else and offered up info on this to get off easier. He said he expects there will be lawsuits coming from kids who got wait-listed.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm beginning to think America isn't a meritocracy but a place where money rules and the rich rig the system to stay on top.

America is more of a meritocracy than it used to be (back in the days when only rich, well-connected white boys went to Ivy League schools), but money still rules and the rich always find a way to work the system to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    My husband is a federal criminal investigator. I asked how they found out about this. He said the guy was probably arrested for something else and offered up info on this to get off easier. He said he expects there will be lawsuits coming from kids who got wait-listed.
    I hope that there are lawsuits. If I was waitlisted I would sue.
    Mivvi21, mopar and holly like this.

czb

meh.

even if someone was waitlisted, there is little way to know that one of these underachievers took their slot.

but still, i am thrilled that this scam was uncovered. the more we expose privilege, the more things can improve.

I think for public image clean up purposes they should pay for tuitions for several (deserving qualified potential students) who would otherwise be unable to afford it. Maybe set up a fellowship?

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information