Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree2853Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

Martha Stewart’s so dry, she’s so much funnier than people give her credit for it
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

@Nevan No - it was Martha Stewart's age! 78! I actually checked it, not that you've ever posted erroneous info before, I was just shocked. She seems permanently, oh, maybe 65?
    Nevan and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

I didn’t even check it ... it was in the article posted up thread.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Martha Stewart’s so dry
    Ugh.
    I thought that was the beginning of a joke..
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

fgg

Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty to new college admissions scandal charges

She’s still fighting.

Actress Lori Loughlin and her husband have pleaded not guilty to further bribery charges in the sweeping college admissions scandal, according to a new report.

The “Full House” star and 11 other parents were slapped with the fresh criminal charge of conspiracy to commit federal program bribery on Oct 22 — seven months after they were first named in FBI’s “Varsity Blues” operation.

The pair were previously warned by prosecutors that they would face additional charges if they didn’t plead guilty, the LA Times reported — but on Friday the two signaled they would keep fighting the case against them, no matter the mounting cost.

On Friday, Loughlin, 54, and her husband Mossimo Giannulli, 56 — already facing conspiracy to commit money laundering, conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud — once again pleaded not guilty to the additional criminal charge, ABC News reported.

Most parents embroiled in the case, including “Desperate Housewives” star Felicity Huffman, pleaded guilty to the charges against them in exchange for reduced jail time.

Huffman is already done with her stint in the big house — released early from a women’s correctional facility in California last Friday after serving just 11 days of a two-week sentence.

Loughlin and Giannulli were reportedly also offered plea deals, but declined and pleaded not guilty. In April, the feds slapped the couple with a second and much more serious charge of money laundering, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

The duo are accused of paying $500,000 to scheme ringleader Rick Singer to have both her daughters accepted to the University of Southern California as fake rowing recruits.

Prosecutors will seek a “substantially higher” sentence for Loughlin than Huffman if she is convicted.

“The longer the case goes, let’s say she goes through to trial, if it’s after trial, I think certainly we’d be asking for something substantially higher,” US Attorney Andrew Lelling told ABC affiliate WCVB-5 earlier this month.

The fresh bribery charges were leveled against 11 parents accused of bribing employees of USC to facilitate their children’s admissions as fake athletic recruits.

Loughlin and Giannulli rejected the plea deal offer in March because they didn’t realize how serious the charges against them were, a source told People in April.

“They decided to roll the dice,” the source familiar with the negotiations told People, “and it may have been a bad gamble. Now they’re in worse shape than before.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/01/lori-...andal-charges/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Delusional asshole

They might as well just start making plans to flee the country.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Loughlin and Giannulli rejected the plea deal offer in March because they didn’t realize how serious the charges against them were, a source told People in April.

“They decided to roll the dice,” the source familiar with the negotiations told People, “and it may have been a bad gamble. Now they’re in worse shape than before.”
    Translation: They rejected the plea deal because they are privileged, narcissistic idiots who did not roll dice or make a bad gamble, they just got caught doing crimes.

I can't believe we're this far along in this narrative and they/their PR/their "friends" are still selling this story like they made a bad stock investment or bought a house they can't sell. Oopsies.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

The dumbassery is astounding.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Translation: They rejected the plea deal because they are privileged, narcissistic idiots who did not roll dice or make a bad gamble, they just got caught doing crimes.

I can't believe we're this far along in this narrative and they/their PR/their "friends" are still selling this story like they made a bad stock investment or bought a house they can't sell. Oopsies.
    ^^all of this!^^

Their narcissism is so pathological, that to take a plea would be admitting they did wrong and they aren’t about to do that.

That is the thing with narcissists. They’d rather chew off their own arm than take responsibility. Then, play the victim because they lost an arm.

fgg

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli wage pre-trial battle for evidence

“Full House” actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband Mossimo Giannulli are accusing the feds of holding back critical evidence in advance of their trial next year in the college admissions scandal.

The Justice Department has yet to turn over “all information” it has on what they allege the scheme’s admitted mastermind, Rick Singer, said about getting their daughters into the University of Southern California, Yahoo! Entertainment reported, citing a motion filed Friday.

The couple’s attorneys are also asking for all information concerning “USC’s knowledge of Singer’s operation.”

In addition to filing evidence-seeking motions, the couple has been preparing for trial by conducting “mock trials” with their legal team.

Loughlin and Giannulli have pleaded not guilty to charges they paid Singer $500,000 to bribe their daughters’ way into USC as fake athletic recruits.

They are accused of money laundering and wire fraud.

https://pagesix.com/2019/12/15/lori-...-for-evidence/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    “Full House” actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband Mossimo Giannulli are accusing the feds of holding back critical evidence in advance of their trial next year in the college admissions scandal.

The Justice Department has yet to turn over “all information” it has on what they allege the scheme’s admitted mastermind, Rick Singer, said about getting their daughters into the University of Southern California, Yahoo! Entertainment reported, citing a motion filed Friday.
    I was listening to HLN this morning and they were interviewing an attorney about this strategy. I think he kind of implied that it's more of a public relations move than an actual legal one. He said that he found it hard to believe that the prosecutors would not be observing the Brady Rule regarding sharing exculpatory evidence. In fact, in late of written communications that exist between the Gionulli's and Singer, the idea that the prosecutors are holding onto exculpatory information seems (to me) to be borderline delusional.

Lori Loughlin Hires Experts To Prepare For Prison Amid College Admissions Scandal

‘She’s knuckling down, learning the lingo and practicing martial arts,’ says source.

December 31, 2019 @ 7:00AM

Lori LoughlinOpens in New Window is finally getting ahead of the possibility she may be heading to prison — she’s hired experts to train her up in how to best survive behind bars, RadarOnline.comOpens in New Window has exclusively learned.
    “She’s knuckling down, learning the lingo and practicing martial arts to give off the impression she’s tough and to ward off potential bullies,” an insider revealed, noting that Lori, 55, “knows there will be plenty of them in federal prison.”

As Radar previously reportedOpens in New Window, Loughlin and her 56-year-old husband, Mossimo GiannulliOpens in New Window, have accused federal prosecutors of intentionally hiding evidence in their college admissions case.
    The two contend that they are not guiltyOpens in New Window of secretly bribing anyone with $500,000 to have their daughters Bella, 21, and Oliva, 20, accepted to the University of Southern CaliforniaOpens in New Window.
    “Prison is going to be sink or swim and Lori doesn’t intend to sit back and take the abuse without a fight,” the insider told Radar of the possibility Loughlin could spend up to 45 years in jail if convicted on all charges.

Loughlin and Giannulli have been chargedOpens in New Window with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, honest services fraud, money laundering and federal programs bribery.
    “Besides the physical training she’s getting lots of advice from prison professors on how to earn one’s keep behind bars,” the source said. “It’s a sure sign she knows deep down she’s facing an inevitable stretch and will need to be prepared.”
    https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...sions-scandal/
    Waterslide likes this.

That's the most rational thing that her and her camp have come up with since the scandal first blew up.
    greysfang, mostroop and Waterslide like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Just like an actress doing research for a new role.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information