Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
Like Tree2005Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

Blunt-smoking ‘rapper’ busted for assaulting college admissions scam dad

By Ebony Bowden, Craig McCarthy and Tina Moore

May 23, 2019 | 9:19pm

e
    Malcolm Abbott and dad Greg Abbott David McGlynn; Erik Thomas

The blunt-smoking wannabe rapper who defended his wealthy parents when they were exposed in the wide-ranging college admissions bribery scandal was busted this week for attacking his father, The Post has learned.

Malcolm Abbott allegedly pushed, kicked, bit and whacked his father with a ruler during the assault at their Fifth Avenue home Sunday afternoon, police sources told The Post.
    Cops busted him two days later at a nearby police precinct and slapped him with a felony assault charge, authorities said.

Malcom Abbott’s parents, New York beverage scion Gregory Abbott and Marcia Abbott, pleaded guilty earlier this week to paying $125,000 to doctor their daughter’s college entrance scores as part of the nationwide college admissions cheating scandal. The each face a year and one day in jail for the scheme.

In March, Malcolm Abbott, a wannabe rapper who goes by “Billa,” defended his parents while toking on a blunt outside their building that overlooks the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

“They’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion,” Malcolm Abbott told The Post in between drags from the blunt. “I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man.”
    Billa then plugged his album.

“Check out my CD, ‘Cheese and Crackers,’” he said of the five-track record, which includes songs in which Abbott raps about “growing up f—-d-up on Fifth Avenue” and hanging “outside the prep school.”

https://nypost.com/2019/05/23/blunt-...ions-scam-dad/
    sputnik and Waterslide like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

If my dad were Doctor Who, i would get in the Tardis and find out all the winning lottery numbers instead of going to college.

William H. Macy prepares for daughter’s graduation amid college admissions scandal

By Eileen Reslen

May 30, 2019 | 11:33am

PICTURE OF GLUM MACY HOLDING BALLOONS AT SOURCE

William H. Macy is ready to celebrate his daughter Sofia Grace’s high school graduation despite his wife, Felicity Huffman, facing jail time for allegedly taking part in a college admissions scam.

Paparazzi captured photos of Macy, 69, purchasing a cake and “Congrats, Grad! You did it!” balloons in West Hollywood, Calif., on Wednesday.
    According to an interview with Parade magazinepublished in January, Macy said Sofia Grace, 18, was attending Los Angeles High School of the Arts.
    “She’s thriving there,” he said. “I know she’s going to make a go of it in the business, which I support. I’ve seen her; she’s good, she’s really good.”

The high school’s events calendar shows a dinner was held for seniors on Wednesday, but the actual graduation is scheduled for June 10.
    In May, Huffman, 56, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud for paying a proctor $15,000 to rig her daughter’s SAT scores.
    The former “Desperate Housewives” star broke down in court after a judge highlighted her daughter’s learning disabilities.

She said, “We’ve been working with a neuropsychologist since my daughter was 8 years old and receiving extra time on tests since she was 11. I don’t want to create the impression that the neuropsychologist had any part of this.”
    Huffman faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. She is among 14 parents who have pleaded guilty. Over 50 people were charged in total, including fellow celebrity Lori Loughlin. Macy was not charged.

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/30/willi...&ICID=ref_fark
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^Awkward.
    idunno, fgg and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I've been reading for a week or two that Loughlin and Mossimo are convinced that ignorance of the law will get them acquitted. They are just so indignant, entitled and unapologetic that I want them to get pounded by the judge. I just don't understand how they think they're going to walk away when 14 parents, most with doing a lot less than these idiots, have already pleaded guilty.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

May
    Bronze Member

Lori should've pleaded guilty. She's either getting terrible legal advice or she's delusional
    Angeli and idunno like this.

The husband (Mossimo) is a total Trump-loving Republican asshole douche, so I have nothing but schadenfreude for him and his entitled wife.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

First sentence in for a coach who plead guilty - one day in the slammer.
    How much do you think Loughlin/Mossimo regret no pleading?
    https://jezebel.com/ex-stanford-coac...nda-1835468951

Ex-Stanford Coach Involved in College Admissions Scandal Sentenced to One Whole Day in Prison

Operation Varsity Blues received its first prison sentence today, and it was...not a big one. A judge sentenced John Vandemoer, ex-coach of Stanford University’s sailing team, to one single day in jail for taking bribe money from Rick Singer, the infamous college admissions scandal’s (alleged) ringleader.

According to CNN, Vandemoer pleaded guilty in March to conspiracy to commit racketeering charges, having accepted $110,000 and $160,000 from Singer to falsely designate several Stanford applicants as sailing recruits. Massachusetts Judge Rya Zobel said Vandemoer, who was fired from Stanford shortly after the scandal news broke, “is probably the least culpable” of the 50 people charged, since he used Singer’s money to purchase equipment for the sailing team instead of keeping it for himself.

Still, Assistant US Attorney Eric Rosen recommended he be sentenced to 13 months behind bars:

“His actions not only deceived and defrauded the university that employed him, but also validated a national cynicism over college admissions by helping wealthy and unscrupulous applicants enjoy an unjust advantage over those who either lack deep pockets or are simply unwilling to cheat to get ahead,” Rosen wrote in a sentencing memorandum filed on June 7.

It is true that Vandemoer’s actions were less egregious than those of, say, two parents who *allegedly* paid $500,000 to cheat their daughters’ way into the University of Southern California (and won’t own up to it). Zobel also fined him $10,000 and sentenced him to six months house arrest and two years probation, so it’s not like he’s off totally scot-free.

But considering that struggling mothers like Kelley Williams-Bolar, who falsified records in hopes of getting their children in better public schools, were sentenced to more jail time than a man who helped rich kids cheat their way into one of the country’s most prestigious universities, it’s clear the system is still skewed in privilege’s favor.
    Witchywoman likes this.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread Information