Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree2523Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

All this makes me think of the women in Big Little Lies. I don't understand why they had to have the FBI show up with drawn guns. They're cheaters and liars but wasn't that over the top? There's so many more people involved but nothing makes better press than a pretty, rich, white teenager.

My friend is a producer on Fuller House, but I've held back from sending them a text.
    Last edited by Chalet; March 17th, 2019 at 12:07 AM.
    Waterslide, bootspaige and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I guess there is a little part of me that feels sorry for the kids. Of course, I think they for sure had knowledge of what they and their parents were doing. I mean, they took pictures that they knew were being doctored to show they were rowing in crew. Come on! But, these are their parents, telling them to do this and that this is a good idea. How fucked up is that? The people that are supposed to teach you right from wrong are including you in their little scheme. It really sucks. However, after hearing Olivia Jade speak, it's really, really hard for me to feel sorry for her. She's just another useless rich kid who is totally clueless on how the real world works. Like any regular teen has their own makeup brand being sold at Sephora??

It seems that I live in the hotbed of this action. USC is huge here. Everyone here seems to be a USC alum and are always trying to get their kids and their friends kids, and their neighbors friends cousins kids into the school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    This EXACT scenario has already happened. Olivia the ungrateful cheater is supposedly losing her shit with Mama Aunt Becky and Daddy Target Designer. She’s claiming it’s all their fault she lost all her paid sponsorships from her Instagram account. Sephora dropped her ass. Not only that, Momma Aunt Becky was just booted off the Hallmark Christmas movie set she was filming on and cut from further projects. The whole family is ruined. Not that I feel sorry for them. They have millions. But Mossimo will probably pack up and head back to Italy and start over knitting skull slippers.

The lawsuits are starting to roll in too, from students and parents. All the celebs involved in this will be mercilessly dragged for many weeks to come. Time to pop a 10 gallon bag of popcorn
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    From Tom Arnold on Twitter....

Couple wks ago I got into it with for 10th time with #CollegeCheatingScandal DAD at big party cause his sloppy ass was rambling on again about Trump & people carrying their own weight & his own conservative politics being “right of Attila the Hun” He embarrassed Scandal Mom again
    If someone told me 10 years ago that in 2019 I would be saying how much I f*cking love Tom Arnold, I would have told them to knock off the hallucinogens, but here we are.....

I've heard him on podcasts with other anti-trumpers. He's funny, a bit erratic and hard to follow, but he means well.

I just ran into this story while looking for more info on the college scandal. It's sweet and I never knew much about either one of them. Bill has been in every other movie made in the last 20 years. lol

Felicity Huffman Shares Sweet Post to Husband William H. Macy on Their 20th Anniversary

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]Felicity Huffman celebrated 20 years of marriage to husband William H. Macy on Wednesday[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]By ALEXIA FERNANDEZ

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]this link opens in a new tab[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65)]September 07, 2017 01:02 AM[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy are celebrating a milestone.
    The actress, 54, took to Instagram Wednesday to post a loving tribute to her husband of 20 years alongside black and white snapshots of the pair from their youth.

“You took me home in 1985. You married me in 1997. You give me a thrill every time you walk through the door,” Huffman wrote in the caption. “Thank you for marrying me 20 years ago today. @williamhmacy.”

Her husband posted his own message, writing on Twitter on Wednesday, “Twenty years ago today I did the best thing I’ve ever done in my life. I married Felicity Huffman.”

While the couple have been married for two decades, the couple dated for 15 years before marrying. And Macy, 67, was trying to bring her around to the idea of marriage for much of that time.

“I was so scared of marriage that I thought I would’ve preferred to step in front of a bus,” she told the Tribune News Service in 2015. “I thought I’d disappear.”

Macy, though, wouldn’t give up.
    “Bill Macy asked me to marry him several times over several years,” she revealed. “And I was finally smart enough to go: ‘I’m going to marry this guy or really lose him for good.’ And it was after we broke up for four or five years when he asked me again, I knew I couldn’t say no.”
    The couple have been together for a total of 32 years and share two children together: daughters Sofia Grace, 17, and Georgia Grace, 15.

[/COLOR]

For better or worse. I'd like to see them get through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    For better or worse. I'd like to see them get through this.
    Felicity and Macy are certainly the more likeable couple and before this scandal broke , IMO one of the most well-liked and respected Hollywood couples. I wonder if one parent was more on board with this dumb idea over the other. Will be interesting to see if this scandal irreparably damages some of these unions.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Felicity and Macy are certainly the more likeable couple and before this scandal broke , IMO one of the most well-liked and respected Hollywood couples. I wonder if one parent was more on board with this dumb idea over the other. Will be interesting to see if this scandal irreparably damages some of these unions.
    And I think that Felicity and William are continuing their more likable streak. It's funny that a woman who was on Desperate Housewives and a man who played so many scheming assholes (Fargo, Shameless) are getting less flak than sweet Aunt Becky and the Target dude. Felicity and William present themselves as smart people with a nice, quiet family - though I remember William talking about how he was hoping his daughters go out and have a lot of sex which I'm surprised some Trump supporter hasn't picked up and gone running with in some stupid way. I also remember Felicity and William getting all over Lindsay Lohan's back for not being responsible or respectful, so...why am I thinking of a movie with Jane Fonda? Georgia something? Anyway, it really helped in their favor that their daughters don't look like Fyre Festival attendees and don't have perfectly shaped eyebrows. The kids don't come across as dumb because we don't know anything about them and even so, the crime is at least monetarily much smaller.

In that SVU episode I mentioned at the beginning of the thread somewhere, where the women exchange sexual favors with someone they believe is an admissions dean to get their kids into a nice school, I remember the woman on the stand says that her child isn't stupid, s/he is just not spectacular. Maybe that's the case for Macy's kids and the other Loughlin-Giannulli girl (that's the price Olivia Jade paid for being and influencer...lol). Maybe they got by, but didn't do anything so great that they could get into the elite school of their parents' choice. I think most people will see what F and W did to be a nudge rather than the half-million dollar lie of Aunt Becky & co.

On a different note...

Mar 16, 2019, 09:10am
    How The College Admissions Scandal Will Affect Disabled Students of Color

Imani BarbarinContributor

Diversity & InclusionI understand disabled life, advocating for independence and inclusion.

The College Admissions Scandal will bring greater scrutiny to the accommodations process which already disadvantages disabled students of color.GETTY IMAGES

Recent indictments following what news outlets have called the “largest college admissions fraud” in the country have cast an unflattering light in the ways wealth and privilege plays a role in college acceptances. Black, brown and disabled students have voiced their experiences working hard to navigate a system built to encourage their failure. Little has been written about those at the intersection of those identities and how they may be the most affected by the fallout that will inevitably come from the actions of wealthy and mostly white people who will never meet them.

The charges come on the heels of a report detailing the fact that predominantly white schools receive over $20 billion more in fundingthan institutions serving mostly black and brown students, and, in line with the history of standardized testing’s racist and ableist beginnings. Even with every advantage meant for their success, those indicted felt the need to use money to plaster over their children’s mediocrity. The repercussions of their actions are yet to be seen, but racial disparities in sentencing and the defendant’s propensity for paying their way out of tough situations lead one to believe it will be a metaphorical slap on the wrist.

Those facing charges will likely walk away with everything but their pride intact—it will be disabled students at the intersection of race that will face even more bias and roadblocks in their educational career and in seeking accommodations that are ensured to them by law. In other words, greater restrictions after the College Admissions Scandal will be the pollution disabled communities of color will be breathing in.

One of the shocking revelations coming from the indictment is the ways in which these parents used disability diagnoses to give their children advantages in standardized testing making them available to both extra time and proctors that would give their children answers. While they were able to buy their way into disability accommodations, having one’s needs met in an educational setting is extremely difficult to organize, even harder still for many black and brown disabled students whose race inhibits their ability to be diagnosed in the first place.

Increasingly, more is becoming known about the racial disparities in healthcare. People of color have a more difficult time accessing health professionals because of institutional racism, poverty and barriers in acquiring coverage. And once they are in a physician’s care, they often possess a lack of knowledge in diagnosing patients of color, fail to take their patients' experiences seriously or dismiss them offhand because they assume said patients are seeking drugs. These issues would otherwise be unrelated to the college admissions scandal if it were not for the fact that students have to acquire official diagnoses from a medical professional in order to be eligible for accommodations from their schools and standardized testing administrators.

Much like with the opioid crisis, greater scrutiny and judgment will be placed upon disabled students of color and their families at the hands of those from whom they need acceptance and guidance. Many families of color do not even have access to the knowledge of what supports are in place for their disabled student. It is exactly for this reason that affirmative action is necessary. Systemic, racial and institutional bias exists in treatment and accommodation even within the disabled community.

For the sake of hundreds of thousands of disabled students of color, it would be a mistake to confuse buying accommodations with it being easy to access them. Hurdles are already placed in the way of disabled students trying simply to survive their school environments. And, for black and brown students, receiving accommodations is only half of the struggle, especially amidst reports they are disciplined and physically restrained more than their peers. The most reasonable reaction to the news of this scandal is to condemn the actions of the wealthy families who bought their way into disability accommodations designated for those who need it and to address the racist and ableist assumptions people make about disabled students of color, not to question why accessibility is necessary in the first place. Just because the students ensnared in this scandal bought their place does not mean disabled students and students of color did not work hard for theirs and deserve equal chances for success.

Imani Barbarin

Contributor
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/imaniba.../#6f05d02625a8
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

gas_chick likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

In a way I’m more put out with Huffman / Macy because they seem like the bigger hypocrites here. So this is what progressive, tolerant wealthy people are like—entirely out of touch with the reality most people live in? Rules don’t apply to them and all along they were sanctimonious yet just like the stupid Trump-supporting scammer? Buddy David Mamet making excuses for it? They can all go to hell.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

czb

ok - my sources tell me a dad in the list of 50 was immediately fired from his job.
    Brookie, Nevan, Beeyotch and 4 others like this.

Sweet. Something had serious consequences for once. Refreshing.
    czb, fgg and weathered1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    And I think that Felicity and William are continuing their more likable streak. It's funny that a woman who was on Desperate Housewives and a man who played so many scheming assholes (Fargo, Shameless) are getting less flak than sweet Aunt Becky and the Target dude. Felicity and William present themselves as smart people with a nice, quiet family - though I remember William talking about how he was hoping his daughters go out and have a lot of sex which I'm surprised some Trump supporter hasn't picked up and gone running with in some stupid way. I also remember Felicity and William getting all over Lindsay Lohan's back for not being responsible or respectful, so...why am I thinking of a movie with Jane Fonda? Georgia something? Anyway, it really helped in their favor that their daughters don't look like Fyre Festival attendees and don't have perfectly shaped eyebrows. The kids don't come across as dumb because we don't know anything about them and even so, the crime is at least monetarily much smaller.

In that SVU episode I mentioned at the beginning of the thread somewhere, where the women exchange sexual favors with someone they believe is an admissions dean to get their kids into a nice school, I remember the woman on the stand says that her child isn't stupid, s/he is just not spectacular. Maybe that's the case for Macy's kids and the other Loughlin-Giannulli girl (that's the price Olivia Jade paid for being and influencer...lol). Maybe they got by, but didn't do anything so great that they could get into the elite school of their parents' choice. I think most people will see what F and W did to be a nudge rather than the half-million dollar lie of Aunt Becky & co.

On a different note...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/imaniba.../#6f05d02625a8
    My niece currently attends college in the California UC system. She suffers from albinism and is legally blind, uses a cane. She is on scholarship too, my brother only has to pay for her room and board. He is not wealthy and works 3 jobs to help pay for her expenses. She is extremely smart and works very hard for everything so that is why I am so beyond pissed at these rich assholes who may end up ruining it for so many disadvantaged families who work so hard to get their kids into good schools.
    Waterslide, Brookie, fgg and 6 others like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

My niece currently attends college in the California UC system. She suffers from albinism and is legally blind, uses a cane. She is on scholarship too, my brother only has to pay for her room and board. He is not wealthy and works 3 jobs to help pay for her expenses. She is extremely smart and works very hard for everything so that is why I am so beyond pissed at these rich assholes who may end up ruining it for so many disadvantaged families who work so hard to get their kids into good schools.
    Understandably so.

It's hard to imagine what the fallout is going to be from this. I have some hope with czb saying one guy got fired immediately, so hopefully the feds aren't fucking around with this. If Martha Stewart can go to jail...
    Sunnygirl and BrickHouse like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I read some guy got fired but still got to stay on the Board. They're still going to funnel money to him this way
    Waterslide likes this.

Bangs are not Felicity's friend.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Thread Information