Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree2523Likes

Thread: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, CEOs Arrested in College Admissions Cheating Scam

czb

^^^ funny about USC. people here think of it as a rich person's school for people who are not smart enough for Cal or UCLA. they call it University of Spoiled Children. sad nickname but in this case, it sounds accurate.
    Brookie, BrickHouse, fgg and 6 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    um, i understand plenty about duke. the number of hours for a course was not the question.

i was responding to travelbug implying she worked harder for her degree at a state school.
    It's possible that I did. Juggling 5 classes/semester is harder than 4, all other things being equal. It's impossible to determine unless the same person attended both schools for the same degree so they could compare how rigorous the curriculum was.

Based on conversations with this guy at the time, my opinion was not only based on credit hours required to graduate. I graduated from college in the early 90's so things may be a lot different now.

PS. I hated labs, and always resented they were only 1.0 credit hour, but you were in there for hours every week. Plus, more homework in labs than in the regular class.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I guess there is a little part of me that feels sorry for the kids. Of course, I think they for sure had knowledge of what they and their parents were doing. I mean, they took pictures that they knew were being doctored to show they were rowing in crew. Come on! But, these are their parents, telling them to do this and that this is a good idea. How fucked up is that? The people that are supposed to teach you right from wrong are including you in their little scheme. It really sucks. However, after hearing Olivia Jade speak, it's really, really hard for me to feel sorry for her. She's just another useless rich kid who is totally clueless on how the real world works. Like any regular teen has their own makeup brand being sold at Sephora??
    Your parents are supposed to be your mentors and your life coaches until you can go out on your own. So, the ironic part is that these idiots give their kids a big "life sendoff" by committing all kinds of fraudulent crap - fraud on top of fraud - to get them in to a marquee college. "Pretend you're not as smart as you are". "Let this person take an exam for you." "Pose for this photo in front of a green screen." "Don't pay attention to your college application - we are taking care of it." It's like hitting your kids in the knees with a baseball bat before you send them out as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    This EXACT scenario has already happened. Olivia the ungrateful cheater is supposedly losing her shit with Mama Aunt Becky and Daddy Target Designer. Shes claiming its all their fault she lost all her paid sponsorships from her Instagram account. Sephora dropped her ass. Not only that, Momma Aunt Becky was just booted off the Hallmark Christmas movie set she was filming on and cut from further projects. The whole family is ruined. Not that I feel sorry for them. They have millions. But Mossimo will probably pack up and head back to Italy and start over knitting skull slippers.
    Olivia was definitely done a disservice by her dumbass, overprotective parents. But someone should get in her face and tell her the only reason that anybody knew who she was in the first place was because her parents were famous. Then, they should all go to group therapy.

I feel sorry for the kids who didn't know what their parents were doing . Like the one guy who got into a college as a "track athlete" without his knowledge and was then asked by an adviser at the college how his track training was going .
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

The "Full House/Aunt Becky" memes are hilarious!!!
    HWBL, Brookie and crayzeehappee like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Not a felony, but certainly indicative of a pattern of behaviour.

Wait, Olivia Jade Is Being Dragged Into ANOTHER Cheating Scandal

by MEHERA BONNER

MAR 15, 2019

Between the Tristan Thompson Cheating Scandal and the College Cheating Scandal, there are just Too. Many. Scandals. And now Lori Loughlin’s influencer daughter Olivia Jade is apparently involved in yet another drama.

The Daily Mail reports that Olivia was on a 2016 episode of Tap That Awesome App (a Verizon phone challenge...IDEK) and that the game was rigged to let her win. Turns out, fellow influencer Marissa Rachel actually won the game—in front of a live audience, no less!—and she claims studio execs stepped in and made producers reshoot the final questions to secure Olivia the win. Which...what?!

“I have nothing against Olivia. I’ve met her on several occasions and she’s perfectly nice. But what happened just didn’t seem right to me,” Marissa said. “I definitely won by a significant amount.”Naturally, The Daily Mail also spoke to a production source, who confirmed this ~scheme~.
    “They competed in the first round and Marissa Rachel won,” the source said. “She answered the most questions right and was declared the winner in front of a live studio audience of about 25 people as well as dozens of other crew members. The host announced her as the winner and everyone applauded and cheered. But right after Marissa was declared the winner, two studio executives suddenly came on-set and stopped the shoot and said, ‘We have to film it again with Olivia as the winner.’ Everyone was confused. Marissa Rachel said, ‘But I already won.’”
    The source added that “while they were reshooting, Marissa and Rydel [another contestant] were instructed not to buzz in with the correct answers so that Olivia could answer and win. They then allegedly refilmed the scene with Olivia announced as the winner and instructed the studio audience to cheer and clap for Olivia."
    TRULY, THERE ARE NO WORDS.
    https://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...ating-scandal/

Waterslide and Brookie like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I was thinking the only one whose job may NOT be on the line is William H. Macy. I mean, he stars on a show called "Shameless". The Gallaghers have pulled a lot worse scams than this. They just don't have Mossimo money.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm guessing the reason that Macy hasn't been charged is that they only (as far as I know) have evidence of him planning the cheating for the second daughter, but then they didn't go through with that, so the crimes would pertain to getting daughter #1 into the school?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

If they do fire him, the headline's going to be something like "Too Shameless for 'Shameless'"

i think all things considered huffman and macy will get off relatively easily because of how well liked they are already and because they 'only' paid 15k for one kid and then changed their mind about cheating to help their second kid. also, their children seem to be low profile, not instagram influencer twats.

but this is by far my favourite story so far about this whole scandal:

Son defends parents caught in college admissions scandal while smoking blunt

By David McGlynn and Lia Eustachewich

March 13, 2019 | 10:26pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
    Malcolm AbbottDavid McGlynn

Maybe this is why Gregory and Marcia Abbott allegedly bought their daughter’s way into college.
    SEE ALSO

Blunt smoking son of alleged college admissions fraudsters asked us to review his rap CD

Their “rapper” son, Malcolm, popped out of the family’s Fifth Avenue building to smoke a giant blunt — while defending his parents and bragging about his latest CD.“They’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion,” said Malcolm Abbott outside the home that overlooks the Metropolitan Museum of Art. “I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man.”
    In between drags, Malcolm, whose father is the founder of food and beverage distributor International Dispensing Corp., admitted, “I didn’t go to college.”
    The toker, who sports a ponytail and raps under the name “Billa,” then shamelessly plugged his music. “Check out my CD, ‘Cheese and Crackers,’ ” he said of his 2018 five-track rec*ord that includes a song titled “If I Lost My Money.”
    Later, Malcolm emerged with his brother, who groused to The Post on Tuesday his parents “got roped into [this by] some guy who f–king cheated them.”
    The parents are accused of paying admitted mastermind William “Rick” Singer $125,000to boost their struggling daughter’s ACT and SAT scores.
    Singer paid off an alleged crooked test proctor to inflate the girl’s scores to a perfect 800 on the SAT math exam and 710 on the literature test. On the ACTs, her score of 23 out of 36 was upped to a near-perfect 35, according to court filings.
    Both parents were out on $500,000 bail each.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'd pay to get rid of this one...

The toker, who sports a ponytail and raps under the name “Billa,” then shamelessly plugged his music. “Check out my CD, ‘Cheese and Crackers,’ ” he said of his 2018 five-track rec*ord that includes a song titled “If I Lost My Money.”
    If a studio actually produced this CD, the DoJ needs to look into a possible payola conspiracy for vanity music albums.
    Waterslide, sputnik, czb and 2 others like this.

The parents' names are seriously Greg and Marcia?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

I'd pay to get rid of this one...
    ^^Omg this clown is Chet Haze 2.0

Chet is Tom Hanks douchey son “Chester” who used to be a college rapper. I would bet Chet is involved in this scam/drama.

What’s in the water over in Calabasas? All these normal actors created such annoying spawn....ugh.

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Thread Information