Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FBI Agent: 'Sonny Bono was clubbed to death'

Hit By Ban Bus!

raisins in a pudding called spotted dick? but why dick, whose dick, is it really a dick or was the maker a dick?

Thank you twitchy I just want to thank all those lovely people who made this moment so special for me. 6/967 posts? I'm just a few behind you.

Argghh, stop blaspheming our national dish! Spotted dick is a yummy, treacly-kind of sponge pudding, and the spots are raisins. A great wodge of it, covered in creamy custard, is an absolute mouthgasm. If you think our chocolate is good, you should slap your laughing gear around THIS!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

It is good! But it has a name that makes me giggle.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hmmm...and here I always thought spotted dick was a reference to Michael Jackson.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't want to offend but I'm not wrapping my mouth around any ones spotted dick... if it treakles that worries me even more.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I don't want to offend but I'm not wrapping my mouth around any ones spotted dick... if it treakles that worries me even more.
    You heathen!!!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

OK-someone needs to post a real recipe for this for us to see. And if it is so great,why did none of our forefathers haul the recipe over here. Come to think of it-I can't think of any British recipes brought over. Or maybe they got mixed in with French-but I can't think of anything we have over here even close to this Spotted Dick. Obviously high calorie-that would have gone over big in the South, at least.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

I believe treacle is like molasses or syrop (mother a Geordie from Jarrow)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    You heathen!!!
    LMAO!

McJag I have never seen any spotted dick treaklling down here, a lot of hush puppies or mimosas - women down here love mimosas but no southern lady would ever wrap her lips around anything that sounded so tacky and ahem if they did they would never tell anyone...

what was the topic...... oh yeah Sonny Bono was mugged for his spotted dick. I think it was Kevin Spacey... he doesn't seem very picky.

oh yeah Sonny Bono was mugged for his spotted dick. I think it was Kevin Spacey... he doesn't seem very picky.
    BEST thread summary ever!!!!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

*Dramatic sigh* Oh God, what I only do for my country...

Recipe at: BBC - Food - Recipes - Spotted dick
    (but stick to custard and forget the non-traditional sauce!)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    *Dramatic sigh* Oh God, what I only do for my country...

Recipe at: BBC - Food - Recipes - Spotted dick
    (but stick to custard and forget the non-traditional sauce!)
    ah ha thank you chef Thompson!

I've got a visual now -
    Roll out the dough to form an oblong shape.
    4. Scatter the dried fruit and sugar over the dough.
    5. Roll up from the long side to form a cylinder.

..... and this is Englands favorite dish? Oh you always were such a cheeky country! That explains why Kevin Spacey moved there. I've just had an epiphany - Kevin Spacey was walking his dog through the park in the middle of the night looking for some good old British spotted dick and while trying to answer his ringing cell phone his pants accidentally fell down.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Why would an FBI agent talk to a tabloid? Come on, his family doesn't need this crap.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

ah ha thank you chef Thompson!

I've got a visual now -
    Roll out the dough to form an oblong shape.
    4. Scatter the dried fruit and sugar over the dough.
    5. Roll up from the long side to form a cylinder.

..... and this is Englands favorite dish? Oh you always were such a cheeky country! That explains why Kevin Spacey moved there. I've just had an epiphany - Kevin Spacey was walking his dog through the park in the middle of the night looking for some good old British spotted dick and while trying to answer his ringing cell phone his pants accidentally fell down.
    Yes, indeedy, it's how we actornapped him. You thought it was the Old Vic theatre, but it was actually our spotted dick. We then seduced Madonna with our Cadbury's Eggs (although you can have her back now. Please). And we nicked Gwynnie with our - erm - Granny Smiths? *discreet cough - moving swiftly along* We have thousands of years of secret recipes to tempt the unsuspecting, and when all else fails we have... (dramatic pause)... Gordon Ramsay.

Not to divert from the spotted dick but I think assassins on skis was with Timothy Dalton as Bond.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information