Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Family feuds in the Church of Scientology

uh, and someone isn't in jail because...?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

don't CO$ have "special" people for this? a lot of people have :accidents" when they leave or say something against them....
    Free Charmed.

This girl ...and her parents better go into hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Wow I googles David Miscaige & suicide & pages came up!

Fishman's press release on his legal battle
    «David Miscavige's mother-in-law, Mary Florence "Flo" Barnett, died from four rifle shots, three to the chest and one to the head. Originally classified as a "suicide," upon closer inspection it was determined from the ballistics and the height of Ms. Barnett that the wounds could not have been self-inflicted. Evidence was collected that just one week prior to her death, Ms. Barnett had threatened to sue the Church, and was in contact with David Mayo, a former member who was an avowed enemy of David Miscavige.

Furthermore, one of David Miscavige's sisters had committed suicide after completing OT VII. Another sister left the church and became a prostitute after starting the OT levels. David Miscavige's own father was once arrested for rape.»
    Mary Florence (Flo) Barnett
    and the mighty midget worships this guy? I would love to see the press start to ask him questions about this when he is being interviewed. He could get up and walk away but they would still have footage of his response.

Someone hold me. I's scared.

Here Bellatheball, hold this e-meter.

When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Niece of Scientology's leader backs Cruise biography

by Jonny Jacobsen Mon Jan 28, 3:46 PM ET

PARIS (AFP) - The author of a controversial new biography on celebrity Scientologist Tom Cruise has found an unexpected new ally: the niece of Scientology's current leader, David Miscavige.

In an open letter to a senior Scientology official that has been widely posted on the Internet, Jenna Miscavige Hill described how her own family was broken apart by the movement's policies.

Hill's father is Ron Miscavige, the older brother of David Miscavige, the current leader of the Church of Scientology.

"Hell, if Scientology can't keep his family together -- then why on earth should anyone believe the church helps brings families together!" she wrote.
    Hill, 23, wrote the letter after Scientology attacked writer Andrew Morton's recently published book "Tom Cruise: an Unauthorised Biography". The actor is a vocal advocate for the movement and the book gives it extensive coverage.

In a 15-page statement issued on January 14, Karin Pouw, the movement's public affairs director, denounced the book as a "bigoted defamatory assault replete with lies".

But in her reply to Pouw, Hill retorted: "I am absolutely shocked at how vehemently you insist upon not only denying the truths that have been stated about the church in that biography, but then take it a step further and tell outright lies."

In particular she challenges Scientology's denial that it puts pressure on members to break all contact with relatives who do not support the movement -- a practice known as disconnection.

Hill said it was this policy that broke up her own family.

"As you well know, my parents officially left the church when I was 16 in 2000," she wrote. Having been separated from them since the age of 12, she decided not to go with them.

But she added: "Not only was I not allowed to speak to them, I was not allowed to answer a phone for well over a year, in case it was them calling me."

Hill goes on to detail how Scientology officials intercepted letters from her parents and her friends.

She was only allowed to visit her parents once a year for a maximum of four days, she wrote -- and then only after her parents threatened legal action to get access.

When she returned from these visits, she was questioned to see if her parents had said anything bad about the movement.

Asked about the Hill's statement, Pouw told AFP: "The church stands by its statement of 14 January. The church does not respond to newsgroup postings."

Contacted by AFP, Hill said she had circulated the letter to draw attention to the practice of disconnection.

"My intention is to put it on a public forum so they are pressured into changing their ways -- even if it is just to cover for themselves."
    Founded in the United States in 1954 by science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, the Church of Scientology was officially recognised as a religion there nearly 20 years later.

But it is often accused in Germany and other European countries, including Belgium, France and Greece, of exploiting its members financially.
    Morton's book is currently at the top of the New York Times bestseller list for hardback non-fiction after its first week on sale.
    Niece of Scientology's leader backs Cruise biography - Yahoo! News

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    David Miscavige's mother-in-law, Mary Florence "Flo" Barnett, died from four rifle shots, three to the chest and one to the head.
    Modified Mozambique?
    "The Mozambique Drill (also known as the Failure Drill or 2+1 Drill) instructs the shooter to place a double-tap in the center of mass, followed by a carefully aimed head shot. The third shot should be aimed to destroy the brain, killing the target and thereby preventing the target from retaliating" Wiki
    Last edited by twitchy; February 6th, 2008 at 03:30 PM.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Venus, you evil bird you!

I still think the Co$ got ahold of Andrew Morton. There is no other explaination for his description of Tofu Tom as a ladies man.

It's a bit hard to triple tap with a rifle, but whatever cop scribbled down "suicide" as the result was on the Co$ payroll
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm sure the Co$ will find someway to "justify" it to you. They are good with jedi mind tricks you know.

^^ That's because they know psychiatry.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Stop being glib Venus.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Modified Mozambique?
    "The Mozambique Drill (also known as the Failure Drill or 2+1 Drill) instructs the shooter to place a double-tap in the center of mass, followed by a carefully aimed head shot. The third shot should be aimed to destroy the brain, killing the target and thereby preventing the target from retaliating" Wiki
    Hey, if you can shoot yourself three times you're a bigger man than my ex that tried to commit suicide using a rifle. Yes, he missed & the bullet bounced off his skull & went into the ceiling - even he - intent on killing himself (not a "cry for help") gave up at this point!

Obviously I never teased him about being a "crap shot"..... ever......
    Free Charmed.

Oh Novice, you are a strong soul. It would take incredible self control to refrain from the crap shoot comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I still think the Co$ got ahold of Andrew Morton. There is no other explaination for his description of Tofu Tom as a ladies man.
    I don't think Morton had a choice evidence-wise. Most people aren't going to believe he's a friend of Dorothy until one of his lovers confesses in public with photographic evidence. There are people, particularly women, on my vanpool who believe that Tom and Katie are genuinely in love! I keep telling them he's gay. No converts yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information