Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Excerpts from the Tom Cruise & Oprah Winfrey "He's Not Crazy" interview

Does anyone know if the full video of the interview is floating around online anywhere?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Here's a good one from the Oprah boards:

Oprah Winfrey needs to know:

-That its no longer acceptable to do a fluff interview with Tom Cruise that fails to address the core scandals of Scientology.
    -That it's not OK to lend her tacit support to a brain washing cult that breaks up families and behaves
    more like an organized crime family than a religion.
    -That with all that has been so widely publicized about Scientology since TC's last appearence with her that it insults the intelligence of her audience if she fails to ask Tom the hard questions about the group that he is supporting, or about his own well documented bizrre behavior, or about the widely circulated and off paradied Scientology videos featuring him, or about his violent exhortation to "go to guns" against psychiatry.
    -That the man has been shown applauding when an image of an exploding hand grenade has been displayed in connection with psychiatry and its not OK to focus questions on "Risky Buisness."
    -That many, many people are watching very closely how she handles this interview, and will judge her forevermore based upon how she handles these issues. These people include a growing number of scientology critics, an increasingly internet savvy audience of millions who already know the score about what TC is all about, and a growing number of ex-scienos who have recently become emboldened to tell their stories, and express their views about anyone who gives tacit support to scientology.

-That Tom Cruise is a bald-faced lier. Oprah has already shown that she is capable of turning on one of her pets when she feels they heve been shown to be dishonest. When James Frey was shown to have fabricated much of his memoir "A Million Little Pieces" Oprah called him out on it, and saved face for herself in the process. Tom's lies about Scientology (no xenu, yeah right!) and psychiatry are far more dangerous than anything Frey made up about himself. It's time for Oprah to call him out and give him a chance to come clean.

In the mean time I hope we all can find ways to let her know that a rampant internet community will see to it that, this time, she aint gonna get a free pass on fluff.
    From what I read it look slike about 90% of the comments are having a go at Oprah and her fellating of TinyTom. Classic stuff over there....check it out.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I think Oprah was intimidated by the force that is Cruise. She was gushing and throwing compliments out left, right and center. She seemed somewhat nervous.

She definitely didn't press Tom as much as she should have. Wonder what the ground rules were for the interview...
    ssabmud

I don't know but I think the Church of Oprah is starting to crumble. I've been reading through the boards over there and people are going mental criticising the big O.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hohooho...it's getting better all the time:

Boy did Tom pile it on thick today. I don't know how Oprah didn't crack up with his Katie Loves Cupcakes campaign. Seriously, I don't think Tom and Katie even talk to each other on a daily basis because Tom's been talking about how Katie loves cupcakes since the first time they met. And then, less than five minutes into the show, there's a plate of cupcakes left by Katie. Then to try and tell us that Isabella and Connor were won over by Katie because " Kate showed up. She loves sugar. Katie showed up with cupcakes so it was instant reality."

Another thing Tom keeps pushing is what a fabulous designer Katie is. Well it was really really stupid to try and tell us today that Katie "designed" the Santa suit Tom wore. Ain't buying it Tom.

The man can't string together a sentence if his life depended on it. He gets a national platform to explain why no one saw Suri for six months and all he can spit out is " what do you want to do? We'll just do it. That'll be it." His sentences do not make any sense.

He didn't answer the speculation that Katie was pregnant before she met Tom, had Suri early and that's why they hid her so long because she obviously wasn't born when they said she was. He never said he was Suri's father. He just said the speculation was "off the charts."

Tom should never have said Oprah "egged him on" with the couch jumping. His excuse for calling Matt Lauer "glib" was that he was feeling "pressed." Matt Lauer was the epitome of professionalism in that interview, which Tom was not. And the YouTube videos of Tom talking about scientology were not edited and spun by the media as he said today. But media spin and being the victim of that seemed to be Tom's go-to excuse today for the publc's reaction to his weirdness.

Oh, and Tom's sister is the one who told the press that Katie was pregnant the day Katie showed up looking five months pregnant at the soccer game. Not "someone leaked it to the media" twelve hours after Katie took her pregnancy test, which is what he claimed today.

I could go on and on. Today's show reconfirmed to me what a manufactured persona Tom is trying to shove down our throats in order to keep his precious movie career that he wanted since he was a child. Well Tom, guess what? Almost every kid I know wants a movie career too....you had your shot and you blew it.
    And when you think about it, you can almost see some marketing guys who are members of Cos saýing 'yeah, cupcakes. Everyone loves cupcakes. They represent innocence, childhood and all that's right with America. Kate! Here's a recipe and some ingredients. Get your hired ass into the kitchen pronto'.

--Sinclair Lewis

I never write emails, but I sent one to Oprah yesterday, I hope lots of other people did.

However, on another "talky" site I visit daily, some are already falling for the b/s, oh Tom is so misunderstood blah blah blah

Here's a good post I just found on Oprah's boards, I totally agree:

I have watched Oprah off and on for more than 20 years, some years and shows I have enjoyed more than others, but in general feel I learn something new more often than not from watching her show.

I almost turned her off for good after the James Frey incident. I was appalled and disgusted at Oprah's treatment of him on national TV - she had many other routes to take in that interview that would have made the a similar point without making him a complete pariah and scapegoat.

I have now decided to turn Oprah off for good. This 'interview' with Tom was an embarrassment and destroyed any credibility Oprah may have had left as a journalist. Tom was 'egged on' by Oprah and that is why he went 'crazy' on national TV for a full hour. Mat Lauer 'pressed him' and that is why he said "there is no such thing as chemical imbalance" and "Brooke Shields is uninformed".

How about any questions about the latest deflections from Scientologist? Jason Berghe? Mark Headly? Both of whom have spoken openly about SP's, Tom and how katE was selected - not a single question other than fluffy, soft balled questions that didn't he didn't really answer.

What kind of response was 'We share custody. That is what it is", so does Nicole see the kids or doesn't she? Nice of Oprah to let him off the hook and not provide an actual response.

Where is the balanced reporting? How can you not address Anonymous? How can you not address what has come to light about the deaths related to CO$ over the years. How can you not give ex-scientologists an opportunity to speak. Oprah implicitly gave Scientology a big thumbs up yesterday - how many people may die or be cut off from their familes as a result of Oprah giving credence to a cult. Canada and the UK, as well as countless other Countries do NOT recognize Scientology as a religion. So yes, where I live, Scientology can legitimately be called a cult, and if you are going to interview someone who has put his 'religion' out there so blatently, someone who can address "his congregation" as a position of authority, you MUST provide a balanced report on it. Tom Cruise made the decision to brand himself with Scientology, the public didn't so it is irresponsible to interview him without doing so.

This was a highly scripted stunt, clearly designed to rehab Tom Cruise's image. You lost me Oprah. You just jumped the shark, or maybe couch is the better phrasing, and much like Tom Cruise, you can rehab all you want, but there is no going back. Tom can try and back pedal and say he was mis-understood, didn't mean what he said, was just in the moment, whatever he likes, it doesn't change the facts of what he DID say in the years since 2005, you can fool much of middle america perhaps, but anyone with an ounce of intelligence is shaking their head at the shame of the performance that Oprah and Tom Cruise just put on.

for everybody who lives on the other side of the world or just couldn't watch it. you can watch it here: RedLasso - Oprah f/ Tom Cruise pt 1

i'm gonna watch it now. i can't wait after reading this thread.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

There was no jumping on the couch this time, and Tom Cruise certainly made sure he was on his best behaviour when talkshow queen Oprah Winfrey visited his Colorado retreat this week.

But his usually upbeat demeanour turned a little sour when Winfrey quizzed the Hollywood star over rumours that daughter Suri wasn't his biological child.
    "When someone compares your daughter to Rosemary's baby - it's one thing to come after me," he said.
    Scroll down for more...
    A visibly angry Tom Cruise during his first interview with Oprah Winfrey since 2005

"Say stuff about me. But when it comes to my family, my children, that's when I went, 'This is off the chart'."
    Cruise also dismissed suggested rumours that his marriage to Katie Holmes was phoney saying: "That's laughable to me."
    Cruise and Holmes married in a fairytale wedding in Italy in 2006.
    Scroll down for more...
    Not a happy Tom answers Winfrey’s questions during the interview at his Colorado home

In his first interview with the Winfrey since his infamous 2005 couch bouncing incident, Cruise, Winfrey and wife Katie, are seen hugging, chatting and riding around on a snow mobile.
    Winfrey flew to Cruise's picturesque home near Telluride, Colorado for the interview.
    In between showing Winfrey around their home, she asked Cruise about his recent bizare antics including the notorious couch jumping incident on her show, and comments he made about actress Brooke Shields using anti-depressants to combat post-natal depression.

Scroll down for more...
    No jumping: The pair talk on a range of subjects including Cruise's ex-wife Nicole Kidman

Cruise gives Oprah the guided tour

"Listen, I feel like definitely things have been misunderstood, and there are things I could have done better," Cruise said.
    "It came out wrong. It is something I apologised to her. We're actually closer friends."
    Cruise also used the interview to combat rumours that there was ill feeling between him and ex-wife Nicole Kidman.
    Kidman and Cruise, who divorced in 2001 after being married for ten years, have two adopted children, Connor and Isabella.
    Scroll down for more...
    The Mission Impossible star takes the talkshow queen for a spin on his snow mobile

Peekaboo: Oprah takes a peek at Suri's toys

Winfrey quizzed the star over allegations that Kidman has little contact with her son and daughter.
    "I read that she (Kidman) had been pushed out of the children's lives," Winfrey asked.
    But Cruise dismissed the reports and said she saw the children regularly, adding: "No, that's ridiculous. We share custody. Whenever. Whenever."

Time for fun: Tom shows off Suri's playroom above and below

Elite Member

Did Oprah really ask him if Katie was pregnant when they met, or why they hid Suri for 6 months (because she was older than what they said)? Or was that just what the poster Buttmunch quoted thought he should have been asked? Somehow I don't see Oprah asking him those questions, but I wish like hell she had. He'd probably blow a gasket on national TV. Now that's entertainment!

Oprah needs to hang it up. She eagerly excoriated Frye for being a liar but was a meek mouse when dealing with Cruise? Come on. I have no respect for her. Her wishy washy interviews are such a waste of time.

What is it with that sugar thing? For someone so skinny I'm not buying that she's eating all those cupcakes and cookies. And would cupcakes really win over step-kids that easily? BS.

that house is fucking CREEPY
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ i think the house is... AMAZING. lol i really think it's beautiful, but i wouldn't want to be there all alone with tom, it's way too remote.

i have a headache now after watching the interview. this man can't form a decent sentence and his mumblings don't make sense at all.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

The kangaroo in the playroom is scary

The little hidey hole of Suri's is scary.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information