Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Excerpts from the Tom Cruise & Oprah Winfrey "He's Not Crazy" interview

I also couldn't watch this pukefest for more than 2 minutes. I was waiting for the Mighty "O" to give him the "actor of the millenium" award.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Insert Tom Cruises ass here :

It's on here now, I'm watching, but only so I can laugh with you all. Lord she is kissing him big time. What the hell was Jada's hairstyle supposed to be, that was fugly as hell.

Can someone post a link up here if they find one please cause us Aussies don't get Oprah via live stream from the US... I have to live vicariously through the links you all so kindly provide!

Ta!
    vaya con dios

Elite Member

The Oprah rerun from earlier today is on right now and I don't think I'm going to be able to sit through it...but, that woman, "Nancy" the big Tom fan was priceless. OMG -- she was hilarious.

I don't like Tom, but I do like Risky Business and Jerry Maguire.

WTF is going on with Jada's hair. HIDEOUS!!!!

i saw it on red lasso.com but you have to register.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Unfortunately, I think it IS true. From what I've read, the two older kids live with Tom's sister....because there's no room for them until Tom's new mansion is finished. Give me a break--like Cruise doesn't have the money to rent a house big enough for the entire family?

I agree, those kids are outsiders--I can't imagine how they must feel...both of their parents have moved on to new spouses and babies and they've pretty much been abandoned.
    I agree about Connor and Isabella being treated like outsiders, like the kids he "bought" while he couldn't/didn't have children with Nicole Kidman, and now that he has his "real" family, they've been cast aside. It's horrible, selfish and reprehensible.

I really feel for those kids.

^^ I think they leave them out because they don't want their biological parents to know much about them? Suri is not his, I will always believe that.

^^ The birthfamilies already know about them. There was some openess in the placements. I think maybe the kids have asked for some privacy since they are now teens and got tired of being trotted out for photo ops.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I never recall when Oprah's show had substance or meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I think maybe the kids have asked for some privacy since they are now teens and got tired of being trotted out for photo ops.
    Maybe so, but that still doesn't explain why they live with Tom's sister. And I don't ever remember them being trotted out for photos ops..not like Suri anyway.

But according to the spin, they're such a big happy family that Bella and Connor call Katie "Mom." What BS.

When he first hooked up with Kate they used every soccer game as a photo op. Maybe the kids told them to back off.

SVZ

use at will:

"Ohhh I dunno LOL!"

"Perfect ass! i shove my hand right in the middle!"

"Ahahahhaha...wat"

"I'm going to kill you"

"Do you feel the power?"

"IMTOMCRUISEIMTOMCRUISEIMTOMCRUISE!"

"nuh uh"

"uhhh"

^^^ Holy Crap^^^

I can't decide which one is my favorite!

Here's a recap of episode #2:

Yesterday Oprah had Tom Cruise on in front of her screaming studio audience in an attempt to remind us all why we fell in love with the crazy cult spokesperson in the first place. The show featured clips from Tom’s 25 years in film starting with Risky Business as well as taped celebrity tributes from his friends and coworkers. Oprah really laid it on thick with the audience, and emphasized how great Tom’s movies are as well as how normal and likable he is. I was skeptical at first, but she seems to have helped with Cruise’s image immensely. Oprah aired a full episode on Friday in which she visited Cruise’s Telluride home and asked him some semi-difficult questions about his “religion” and the couch jumping episode that aired in May, 2005. On Monday it was all about celebrating Cruise and welcoming him back into the good graces of public opinion. Maybe if Cruise continues distancing himself from his troubled cult he’ll be able to improve his image.
    Scientology not mentioned at all; Katie and Suri were not in the audience and did not appear

Cruise turns on the charm for the middle-aged ladies
    They started out with a woman named Nancy who says she’s Tom Cruise’s biggest fan. Nancy met Cruise 7 years ago on Oprah after writing a letter. Tom brought Nancy a framed picture of the first time he met her on Oprah. She said “You have a beautiful baby. And best of luck for another 25 years.” Then they showed a clip of Cruise on Risky Business at the age of 19 doing his thing singing “Old Time Rock and Roll.”
    Oprah clarified that Cruise made up that dance. Tom waxed the floor on his hands and knees and decided to put his socks on to make the dance smoother.

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith talk about what a great guy Tom is
    The show featured segments with Tom’s celebrity friends talking about his films and their experiences with him. The first celebrities shown were Will Smith and Jada. Jada, with a bizarre mullet 80s cut, explained that she got to know Tom when they both worked on the film Collateral, in which he was trying to kill her. She said that was intense but that “to me, nothing he’s done professionally could hold a candle to who he is as a human being and that’s real.”
    Will said “I’ve met very few people who’ve made that commitment that when they leave they want the world to be better - period - because they’re here.”
    When the camera cut back to Cruise, Oprah asked what the friendship with the Smiths meant to him and he said “everything, they’re just real true people and I love ‘em.” Yeah, they’re Scientologists too.
    After the break Tom admitted that he sang his song from Top Gun, “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” to Katie at their wedding after Oprah asked him specifically about it.
    He said the best thing about making Top Gun was flying in the F15s, but that he’s been interested in airplanes his whole life.

Renee Zellweger calls Tom magical
    They showed a clip from Jerry Maguire, and Renee Zellweger explained the “You Had Me At Hello” scene. She said Tom brought something with him that day. As for his personality she says that he has a heartfelt laugh. “You can’t dissect what makes Tom Cruise special. He just is. Hi Tom Cruise… I know that you’re a really good person. Congratulations.”
    Cruise called Zellweger genuine. Oprah then threw him a super soft curveball and asked “What makes Tom Cruise nervous?”
    He said that he gets excited, not nervous, making movies, and feels like he belongs there.

Victoria and David Beckham say one of their first dates was to Jerry Maguire
    Victoria and David Beckham said that Jerry Maguire was special to them because it was one of their first dates. They said that Tom sent them the jacket he wore in the film and Victoria joked that David “hasn’t taken it off since.”

Jamie Foxx says Cruise came to him for advice, is bothered by stories about him
    Foxx talked about “Born on the Fourth of July,” in which he says Tom departed from his movie style. He said “You saw how wide his acting muscle was.” He says Collateral changed his life. He joked that when his car crashed in the film people on set were more worried about Tom Cruise than him.
    As for Tom’s past few years, he said “All the stuff that’s gone one the past couple years, it does affect him. He does feel it. Sometimes he will question ‘why’s it happening to me?’ you know. I said ‘you just keep being you, you keep being Tom Cruise and then you see him going through the worst of it and come out of it beautifully because he stays true to himself.”
    Oprah asked about “Born on the Fourth of July” and Cruise’s Oscar nomination. He said people told him that it was a bad role choice and would ruin his career.

Dustin Hoffman distances himself from Tom
    Hoffman was on for his segment and said that he farted in a closed phone booth while they were filming Rainman in 1988, and that they made it part of the scene. He said that it was his favorite scene in any movie he’s ever done.
    Then Hoffman was slurping soup and joking that he had to eat lunch. He said “It’s a tribute that they thought you handsome enough to be my brother in the film. We were quote ‘brothers in the film’ but we were also brothers in life. It’s been extraordinarily painful experience for me not seeing you more often in these 20 years… We haven’t really connected. I hope you understand I’ve had to learn to cope.”
    He kind of redeemed it by pretending to eat soup with a cut out version of Tom and saying they were going to go skydiving together, but despite the humor in the clip you can be sure that he’s making it clear that he’s not tight with Tom.

Dakota Fanning and Steven Spielberg pay tribute
    Dakota Fanning was on and talked about being starstruck working with Cruise in War of the Worlds. She said he was very friendly to everyone and was always bumping fists. She said that Tom called her in the years after the film wrapped to “encourage or support me, or just to say hello” and that it meant a lot to her.
    Oprah talked about how nice he is and how kind he is to the staff on his fims.
    Steven Spielberg said that if he had to pick his favorite role of Toms, he wouldn’t pick one of his own films as that would be biased. He said Magnolia is “the deepest I’ve seen Tom go.” He said that Tom compels us to pay attention to him and “is a magnet”

The end part: laying it on thick
    Oprah: “We all remember these films. We all remember going to the theater seeing these films.”
    They fielded a question from an audience member about how Tom would spend a day off, and he said playing games with his family, going for a ride in his airplane and/or a hike, and having dinner at home and watching a movie.
    Oprah: “They’re very normal. Lots going on at the same time.”
    Another audience member asked Tom if he’d accomplished all his dreams. He said “I’m surprised how much I accomplished and I feel really privileged to be able to do what I do and I thank you all for allowing me to entertain you.” [Audience claps]
    Oprah asked “25 years after Risky Business, isn’t it bigger than you’d ever dreamed?”
    “Yes, as you go along you think ‘How can I keep challenging myself more?’ There’s always something else.’”
    Oprah: “Do you feel most at home there? Like this is what you’re born to do?”
    Tom: “I feel that this is what I’m supposed to do.”
    Oprah: You Love It.
    He says Suri calls him “Dada Cruise.”
    Oprah gives the audience a boxed set of all of Tom’s 25 movies
    Oprah: “Doesn’t this show make you want to go home and watch all of Tom’s movies.”
    Then Oprah gave the audience a gift of all of Cruise’s movies and of course they screamed and yelled.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Tom Cruise mildly dissed by Dustin Hoffman during Oprah tribute special
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Thread Information