Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Excerpts from the Tom Cruise & Oprah Winfrey "He's Not Crazy" interview

Maybe CO$ sees the writing on the wall and is trying to reverse some of the damage TT has done... I just hope people don't buy it

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Maybe CO$ sees the writing on the wall and is trying to reverse some of the damage TT has done... I just hope people don't buy it
    if there is anything I have learned about Americans... they (we) have a short memory and a willness to forgive. I on the other hand - have the mantra memorized "Tom can bite me"

On Popsugar they are synopsizing what happens on Oprah and they are trotting everyone out (including Spielberg) to kiss his ass and rhapsodize about how terrific Tom is...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    hum why? why now?
    He didn't try to fix things before so why now?
    Does he think that people won't go to see his other projects either ie the ones he produces?
    It's all about the bucks, it always is. So why are the scientologist big wigs making him eat humble pie now?
    I think that his huge ego wouldn't let him believe how much his star had fallen. He also probably hired a new PR person (not his sister) who told him that he better do damage control before his new movies are ready to roll out.

As far as Scientology goes, he's done a lot of damage. People who thought they were a nutty cult are even more convinced of it after crazy Tom's comments and all the coverage of the past two years.

Elite Member

My two-cents worth:

* The repeated I Love You was ridiculous
    * "Kate loves sugar" is a lie
    * Kate makes holiday dinner at this table was a lie
    * Suri's little office was cute - not sure why everyone thinks it's creepy. Most kids love playhouses, shoot we made houses out of cardboard.
    * He was totally lying during the Nicole questions
    * The house was great and the scenery was beautiful.
    *Oprah is lame for letting him off the hook on every tough question
    *Last but not least.... nice dodging of the paternity questions!

imagine if theres been a shakeup in Scientolgoy..whos in charge...maybe they wanted an end to tom and david miscabbages escapedes?? just a thought..
    theadventuresofmee.blogspot.com my beauty blog

Risky Business could have been done by any of the brat pack actors back then. Tom Thumb has accomplished making a lot of money, period. He looks more paranoid these days than anything. I was never a fan but always felt he did his best work when paired with a legend..Dustin Hoffman, Paul Newman, Jack Nicholson.

Hit By Ban Bus!

but see I had this theory..... Tom was bowing out of acting Per his statement that he wanted to give up acting and go into recruiting for scientology.

He was recruiting, even while making movies he brought his scientology tent on the lot. His movies have been crap lately and he seemed to step aside for Will Smith to run things. Did Will say "no thank you?" Is Tom back tracking? They need the mega bucks they get from Tom but if Will was on board Tom could give it up and just go for recruiting.

This is putting a dent in my theory.

The entire Valkyrie thing was just a ploy to get scientology into Germany so he knew it was going to tank so why the big worry now. hummmmm

also I think Suri's rooms are OK but they seem creepy because it doesn't look like a child has ever played in them. Ever. As in sterile.

The playroom is weird. It's just a bunch of stuffed animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Unfortunately, I think it IS true. From what I've read, the two older kids live with Tom's sister....because there's no room for them until Tom's new mansion is finished. Give me a break--like Cruise doesn't have the money to rent a house big enough for the entire family?

I agree, those kids are outsiders--I can't imagine how they must feel...both of their parents have moved on to new spouses and babies and they've pretty much been abandoned.
    Isn't the sister their teacher as well? Gawd that must be hard having to deal with the ugly sister 24/7. They have to see her all the time. I predict they will both make a big break from the Cruise cult.

I read somewhere that Connor is doing a movie with Will Smith. He is a good looking boy. Maybe he can escape.

OK.... here we go with part 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Jin13 View Post
    OK.... here we go with part 2!
    So VOMITFEST part deux has begun. Doubt I'll waste that hour of my life. More fun reading the recap here. I saw him in person a couple years ago and he was shorter than me and I'm only 5'7". Think he had lifts on too. Is he dressed like an old country club spiffy again?
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Yes it has! I did not watch Friday's show but after reading about it here I wanted to see this one. SS was just on (pretaped) and I just cant stop thinking about the "Story" surrounding them.
    This is just so vomit inducing that I need to turn it off now... really wanted to see what SS had to say.
    BTW - he is dressed all in black this time.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think that his huge ego wouldn't let him believe how much his star had fallen. He also probably hired a new PR person (not his sister) who told him that he better do damage control before his new movies are ready to roll out.
    Yep. I don't think he had a clue how the actions in his personal life would have such a major effect on his acting career. Part 1 of Oprah was an attempt to make him human (major fail) and Part 2 was an attempt to remind the movie-viewing public why they all used to love him...C'mon people, remember Risky Business?! Top Gun? Jerry Maguire?!? Ha, nope, sorry, we still won't be watching Valrykie, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Isn't the sister their teacher as well? Gawd that must be hard having to deal with the ugly sister 24/7. They have to see her all the time. I predict they will both make a big break from the Cruise cult.

I read somewhere that Connor is doing a movie with Will Smith. He is a good looking boy. Maybe he can escape.
    Yeah, I think she is homeschooling (or is that auditing) them along with her own kids. And yeah, the Cruise women (mom and sister) are downright scary looking. That ugly gene seems very strong, and if Suri doesn't show signs of it soon, we'll know for sure there's no Cruise blood in those veins.

I think the only way those kids will make a break is through Nicole's influence. Which is why I think they're kept from her as much as possible. Everyone else in their lives is firmly entrenched in Co$.

OK, this was certainly a VOMfest. I watched as much as I could bear. Between Holy Opes screaming fans, and the FLUFF, Tom's heavily sedated nature,(he's either great at playing he's on downers or is on xanax). uh, there was nothing. A bunch of Tom's collegues were trotted out and talked about how great he is. None of them really said anything that specific. This is the most purposeless show I've seen in a long time.

She asked him questions and he either didn't answer them or just gave the most generic, vague answers possible. He should work for the state dept.

Opes is so far up celeb ass its not even funny. Remeber when her show was sort of good? And had substance? Lets not forget her crowd orgasming everytime she said: Sex and The City May 30 YEAHHHHHH YAYYY!! like 20 times when she had that cast on.

Thread Information