Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Scientologist/Hollywood actor slams Scientology

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    He was on Melrose too!! As Matts gay lover!! Remember?

Good for him. I hope he lives long enough to at least do some damage to that freak cult.
    I remember! Good for him for speaking out!

This is what he has to say: “Scientology is destructive and a rip off.”

He also says: “It’s very, very dangerous for your spiritual, psychological, mental, emotional health and evolution. I think it stunts your evolution. If Scientology is real, then something’s f——ed up.”

Well, duh.

Default Jason Beghe in Village Voice April 8, 2008

Scientology's First Celebrity Defector Reveals Church Secrets

Long article... here is the link...

village voice > news > Scientology's First Celebrity Defector Reveals Church Secrets by Tony Ortega

already posted...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sorry! I missed it.

Level 8? I thought no one but DM was an OT 8.

It's an interesting listen and I think he makes good points. He could be more effective with a different presentation (ie: laying off the "eff this" every three seconds).

Are David Duchovny and Teo Leoni CO$ers???

Just curious...
    vaya con dios

I don't think it was posted yet. There was a video though. Perhaps the threads need to be merged.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I hope he does not turn up dead soon.

And I hope this is just the beginning..and the flood gates will open...
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

He's going to get seriously fair gamed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology)
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Wonder if CO$ will try to spin it like he wasn't sucessful even though he was an OT5
    Sounds like they already are.
    Actor Jason Beghe attacks Scientology

Xenu Hates Losers

His name is Jason Beghe. Once upon a time he worshipped at the altar of Xenu. Now he’s cut ties with the Church and is launching a vitriolic attack. Click here for the video.

His most notable quote?

“Scientology is destructive and a rip-off. It’s very, very dangerous for your spiritual, psychological, mental, emotional health and evolution. I think it stunts your evolution. If Scientology is real, then something’s f—ed up.”

Xenu will not be pleased. But word is, Xenu is taking a different approach. Instead of slipping a bag over his head and making him disappear, my sources say the GMD and his cluster of crazy freaks is dismissing Beghe’s claims as the ramblings of a loser. He joined the Church because he was seduced by the success of its most famous followers. Therefore his motivations were not pure.

As such, he was unable to climb the Hollywood scales – unlike Tom Cruise, John Travolta, even Giovani Ribisi and Jason Lee and Leah Remini, Beghe remained a nobody. Faced with failure, his only scapegoat is the X god.

A clever approach and a rare smart move from the Church which seems of late to have lost its mojo. Maybe they should recruit Mike Myers. Rumour has it, he’s more like them than you think.

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Actor: Scientology is Brainwashing

Jason Beghe is the bravest actor in Hollywood. He’s come clean about his 14 years in Scientology, the religious sect that Tom Cruise reveres. He says the purpose of Scientology is to create a “brainwashed, robotic version of you.”

He also says that he spent about $1 million to work his way up the Scientology ladder to become what’s known as an “OT5 auditor” or someone who listens to new members and teaches them the ropes.

He was so successful as a celebrity auditor he says that David Miscavige, the head of the sect, referred to him as “the poster boy for Scientology.”

But now that Beghe and his wife left the sect, the actor has concerns. They can be, he acknowledges, a vicious and vindictive group. When he asked for money back that he still had banked for future study — some $60 to $70,000 — it was returned and he was banished.

“Once you ask for refund and repayment, that’s what it’s called, you’re not allowed to take another course or speak to another Scientologist ever again,” Beghe says.

Yesterday, I told you that Beghe had posted a three minute “teaser” video explaining a little about his exit from Scientology. A second, longer video will be going up on YouTube today or tomorrow. It’s not to make money or to get publicity for himself, Beghe says, and I believe him. “If it helps people, that’s what’s important.”

And that’s because Beghe says that most Scientologists are completely insulated from the criticism that we all read or publish. All the jokes, the South Park stuff, anti-cult stories, real data about people who’ve suffered inside the sect, largely go unnoticed by the Scientology community. “They just say, You don’t understand.”

Beghe is just beginning to comprehend what an impact his announcement has made. It should rock the world of celebrity Scientologists, the people Miscavige has counted on to carry the sect’s message to the outside world and make it seem plausible.

But Beghe says not all the celebrity Scientologists are completely ‘in.’ Kirstie Alley, he says, a friend, “could be gotten out.” Tom Cruise, he says, was out for several years. “He was brought back in around the time of his divorce from Nicole Kidman. And then they put him through something called Ethics Cycle after Penelope Cruz left. That’s when you make amends for having not been in it for a while.”

Cruise’s Ethics Cycle, Beghe thinks, would account for the campaign Cruise went on while filming “War of the Worlds,” through the meeting, courting, and recruiting of Katie Holmes, the fight with Matt Lauer on “Today” and telling Diane Sawyer what kind of Scientologist he was on ABC — not to mention the couch jumping on “Oprah.”

Beghe, for one, says he was not a good celebrity Scientologist. “They would ask me to come to parties for Tom or John [Travolta], I would say yes and not go.”

Indeed, Beghe says he’s spent the last eight years trying to leave Scientology. “It was good for the first 3 years or so. But then I got nothing out of it.”

“Scientology,” Beghe says, “delivers what it promises under the guise of tearing away falsity, neuroses, psychoses. It creates a brainwashed, robotic version of you. It’s a ‘Matrix’ of you, so you’re communicating with people all the time using Scientology. So we’re seeing you ‘via’ Scientology. And it creates an addiction, so you come back for more.”

He says that he was initially recruited through acting teacher Milton Katselas’s class. Katselas has been cited in many publications, including the New York Times, for exerting pressure on his students to join the sect. “He gets kickbacks,” Beghe says. Among Katselas’s students have been at least half a dozen celebrity Scientologists including Giovanni Ribisi (who is thought to have recruited “My Name is Earl” star Jason Lee, and in turn, Ethan Suplee) and his sister Marisa, Leah Remini, and Anne Archer.

Beghe was brought to the Scientology center in Hollywood by Bodhi Elfman, husband of actress Jenna Elfman, who was in Katselas’s class. His appointment was for 10 am. He wound up staying at least 12 hours, as the sect’s auditors embarked on their “brainwashing.” It was just before his career was taking off with a role as Demi Moore’s love interest in “G.I. Jane.”

“David Miscavige loved me. He took me to Hemet” — the Scientology fortress in the California mountains — “and he came with me to the premiere of G.I. Jane. He let me do voice-overs for Scientology instructional videos, which was unheard of. And it would take a year to do a 15 minute video, he was that meticulous.”

But in a short time, Beghe saw that things were not going so well. “I was unhappy and depressed. They would say it was their fault, the way they were handling my ‘case.’ And I’d flip out another $50,000 for another course.”

Beghe says the biggest question at Scientology is where all the money has gone. “You never get any answers about it,” he says. “And it’s all about money.”

It took him and his wife Angie — who he’d brought in to the sect and who also achieved the high level of OT 5 — more than a year to negotiate their way out. (Their first child even endured that Scientology ‘silent birth’ we’ve heard so much about.) Beghe says during that time relations with his family and friends — like childhood pal David Duchovny — were strained. “Things are much better now with everyone,” Beghe says.

Damn... I'd be pissed too if I spent a million dollars and got nothing out of it...

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Perhaps teh end is nigh for the old scifi folks.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I hope he is planning to change his name and appearance and move the the nearest rain forest. His clock is ticking. He should have known better.

The part where he talks about the person being in theta and happy, then does that laugh reminds me so much of Tommy Girl's incoherent babbling.

On a positive note, I admire his bravery in speaking out about this rip off religion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information