Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evangeline Lilly is a cheap-ass, non-tipping, mould infested homeless person

maybe it's all smoke & mirros so she doesn't have to pay out a heafty fee in her divorce? Or is it all back on again now she's back in LA?
    Free Charmed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Now women wil hate her even more if she eats like a pig and doesnt get fat...

Major problem with envy

i happened to watch that interview. it was quite painful.

neither of them seemed to enjoy it. she was acting quite uncomfortable. but hey if i were around Leno, i would be too.

Bronze Member

Lightbulb

I understand what she is saying about tipping to some extent. All the tip jars and the tipping valet people when you could just park your own car, tipping food delivery (Now they are also charging devliery fees & you still have to tip), it is TOO much. Where do we draw the line? I understand tipping for good service at a restaurant or a bar but why are we tipping people who make full time wages? Counter help gets an hourly pay, they shouldn't get tipped. I always say if I owned a Starbucks or similar estabishment, I would not allow a "tip jar". I would prefer to pay the extra dollar an hour or whatever because the tip jar drives customers away. I sometimes think they may spit in my beverage because I don't tip but why the heck should we tip somoene for taking an order? It's not like they served me, they spent under 1 minute taking my order and swiping my card. They have nothing to do with the outcome of my coffee or the speed at which I receive it. It is stupid!

Silver Member

I rarely get valet parking, either, because I'm cheap, AND neurotic (don't like strangers in my car!) I guess if she stiffs people, because she hates tipping, then I'd see a problem with it.

Maybe she's just smart. She needs to hang onto that money because after LOST is wrapped up, I truly doubt she'll find that much work. She's a flash in the pan. Its a good thing actually that she's being frugal with her money, so it actually lasts. Most young actors don't think that way at all, and thats why they end up bankrupt and doing shitty TV movies on Lifetime.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

has it finished yet? Because she's already been in 1 film... Afterwards (2008) (post-production)
    ... aka Et après (France)

I'm happy to say that lost passed me by!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by jive View Post
    I understand what she is saying about tipping to some extent. All the tip jars and the tipping valet people when you could just park your own car, tipping food delivery (Now they are also charging devliery fees & you still have to tip), it is TOO much. Where do we draw the line? I understand tipping for good service at a restaurant or a bar but why are we tipping people who make full time wages? Counter help gets an hourly pay, they shouldn't get tipped. I always say if I owned a Starbucks or similar estabishment, I would not allow a "tip jar". I would prefer to pay the extra dollar an hour or whatever because the tip jar drives customers away. I sometimes think they may spit in my beverage because I don't tip but why the heck should we tip somoene for taking an order? It's not like they served me, they spent under 1 minute taking my order and swiping my card. They have nothing to do with the outcome of my coffee or the speed at which I receive it. It is stupid!
    I was just having a discussion with my friends about this very thing. I don't get why you are suppose to tip a restaurant when you order food as take-out, but you pick it up. They don't serve you, all the kitchen does it package it differently. In that case I usually only leave $1-$2. Coffee drinks...well, if I get change that is under $.50 I'll usually leave it for them, but if it's more than $.50 I keep it. Is that weird?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information