Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Evan Rachel Wood 'Marilyn Manson horrifically abused me for years'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    even though she was a victim of abuse, from what i've read over in the comments section at Jezebel and other similar spaces, ERW is still going to catch a lot of heat for not being deterred by Manson's thing for nazi and other racist symbols even before they started dating and presumably before the abuse began. probably unfairly given her age and the fact that there are no perfect victims but also kind of understandable given that it's pretty well documented that for a lot of white women, racism isn't a deal breaker/deterrent and it's something they're willing to accept in men. they're seen as complicit.
    This.
    And regardless of how offensive / stupid / insensitive what she did back then might have been, let's not forget that many 18 year old girls and boys for that matter would do a great deal of stupid shit to impress their love interest, and that's just when they're in love. Here we're talking about an 18 year old who's not only in love, but also groomed by an insane adult.
    Let's cut her some slack.

I'm pretty sure he did not woo her by saying "hey you Jewish cunt, I fucking love Hitler, how about we date?", I'm ready to assume it was already too late when she found out he was serious about the nazi idolatry.

Manson's imagery has been disturbing for years now, most of his new tattoos ooze a nauseating nazi vibe.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

czb

how old was REW when she hooked up with MM? maybe it was mentioned in this thread and i missed it.

They went public in Jan 2007, she was 19. I would assume they stated dating prior to that, so likely she was 18 at that point based on her birthday. He was still in the process of divorcing Dita Von Teese at the time.

I can't excuse her for the nazi stuff but I can say we all do stupid things when we are 18-21 years of age. I certainly can look back and regret some of my not so great decisions made at a similar age.
    sputnik and Mivvi21 like this.

czb

i agree about making dumb decisions. but nazi stuff? ew. and she is jewish? ugh.
    SHELLEE and Mivvi21 like this.

yeah...I mean...I agree with you CZB. It's pretty bad.

She explains that she wanted freedom and danger, I can see that as a 18/19 yr old. I can't make excuses for the nazi stuff b/c when I was that age I knew that wasn't something you excused, ever.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...march-2019-50/

czb

i remember when i was in HS. there was a guy i knew (and avoided) who wore some nazi crap to school. and he was jewish. i can't even express how repulsed i was even then. ick.
    NickiDrea and Lofty Bike like this.

I dealt with plenty of racist kids in high school and do not excuse people, even teens, who actively or passively accept racism or bigotry. Plenty of us knew better even younger than 18/19.

I mean obviously I have sympathy for her abuse but my kids are 10 and know that racism and anti-semitism are wrong and they don’t tolerate it and will and have called it out.
    czb, SHELLEE, KrisNine and 6 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

czb

^^^ my kids as well.

maybe things were different if you were in HS 40 or 50 years ago. MAYBE. but 10 or 15 years ago? do not understand.

and the icky nazi guy reached out to me on facebook. like i would let that drek into my account. ugh

eta: i was thinking back on the HS guy. people (including teachers) thought he was a freak but it (the display of nazi stuff) was tolerated. i can't imagine that being allowed in any public school today.
    Novice likes this.

There are a lot of teenagers who know better and there are a lot who just don't - because of things like emotional maturity, emotional issues, chaotic family, whatever. And then you run into a guy who is twice your age who is very practiced at this point in grooming and shaping people gradually. It doesn't surprise me at all. It does not seem to me, at all, that this turned her into anything like a lifelong racist, white supremacist, or even a Trumper. Most likely, this Warner guy took compromising photos of her for the same reason that Keith Rainier (sp) did - to intimidate her from revealing information about him in the future.
    Tiny Pixie and crayzeehappee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The thing is she was 18. She had little life experience and an abuser in their 30s with experience of manipulating adults is going to find her an easy mark...
    The other thing is that we need to teach to recognise"cohesive control" - it's the whole "boiling a frog" principle, start small & gradually turn up the heat.
    Did you mean coercive control?

Because yes. This needs to be core education for all society, so people recognise it and stop falling for it or making excuses for it.

https://www.marieclaire.com.au/coerc...ntrol-campaign
    https://www.womensaid.org.uk/informa...rcive-control/
    https://womensagenda.com.au/latest/c...ng-a-response/
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...rol#definition

All the 'well of course he was abusive' stuff makes me furious.

1. Being goth or metal does not equal being an abuser.

2. Let's hold the perpetrator accountable for their choice to use abuse, not their victim accountable for being a victim

3. To paraphrase Lundy Bancroft, abusers don't tend to rock up to the first date announcing their intentions to treat you like a piece of property.... because they need to charm you first so that you fall under their spell. Back to point 2: hold the perpetrator accountable for their choice to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Did you mean coercive control?

Because yes. This needs to be core education for all society, so people recognise it and stop falling for it or making excuses for it.

https://www.marieclaire.com.au/coerc...ntrol-campaign
    https://www.womensaid.org.uk/informa...rcive-control/
    https://womensagenda.com.au/latest/c...ng-a-response/
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...rol#definition

All the 'well of course he was abusive' stuff makes me furious.

2. Let's hold the perpetrator accountable for their choice to use abuse, not their victim accountable for being a victim

3. To paraphrase Lundy Bancroft, abusers don't tend to rock up to the first date announcing their intentions to treat you like a piece of property.... because they need to charm you first so that you fall under their spell. Back to point 2: hold the perpetrator accountable for their choice to abuse.

Yes. Thank you.

Another good resource is Laura Richards, she helped get the law changed in the UK on stalking & other abusive behavious

https://www.laurarichards.co.uk/coercive-control/
    Kittylady likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    YES.
    THANK YOU.
    I am (a splendid and fabulous XD) goth, and I am probably one of the nicest person you'll ever meet (also, extremely modest!)
    Jokes aside, my former friend was ranting about how "his looks and his music videos all screamed "I am a bad guy"" and I just ... WE'RE GOTH!!!! Does it mean people should just "stay away" from us as, according to her, ERW should have done? Just because what, I like to wear black, and skulls, and have tattoos, and dress weird.
    In French we have a saying, "délit de sale gueule", meaning you are deemed guilty because your face looks bad (I paraphrase badly) so ... that's what we're talking about?
    Let's avoid people who have a certain look because of course metalheads and goth will abuse you!

I am so sad that we still have to explain that shit in 2021

Exactly.
    That is also why I am ready to cut ERW some slack about the nazi stuff, it is bad it's true. Teens do know that racism / nazism is bad, for sure. But groomed teens? Abused teens in an unhealthy relationship? I'm sure that despite knowing it is bad, they could be "convinced" to do some racist crap.

Even before I started dating him, my ex spent MONTHS convincing me that he was not at all like what I had heard, his ex girlfriends were just "crazy", they fabricated facts, he would never do such a thing blablabla ... gaslighting is also strong with those ones.
    Of course he didn't seduce me by saying he'd treat me like a piece of furniture.

We also should CONGRATULATE ERW for having the courage to get out of that relationship, she should be praised for that.
    Many women unfortunately never have that strength. Many women (and men) will stay in abusive relationships because their ego was destroyed beyond repair, because their self esteem is non existent, because they're too scared, because their lives are at risk if they do.
    It takes a lot of will power to get out of those nightmares, and we should highlight this.
    After my relationship, I hated myself. I felt like the dumbest person on the planet to have let myself be treated like that, to have fallen for such obvious lies, to have accepted to take that much crap - I felt worthless and ashamed. It took years of therapy to realise that I got out - it meant I was strong, that I was worth something, I was worth saving myself, and in ERWs case, escaping someone who is older, more famous, who has more power, who was enabled by his record company, his entourage, the industry, someone who held all the cards ... well I think she was fucking brave.
    Kittylady, palta, Novice and 6 others like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Exactly!
    Kittylady and Novice like this.

fgg

Marilyn Manson reportedly hires round-the-clock security after abuse accusations

Marilyn Manson has reportedly hired round-the-clock security at his Los Angeles home because he is “worried about his safety” after a slew of women accused him of abuse.

The shock-rocker has not been seen in more than two weeks since former fiancée Evan Rachel Wood said he “horrifically abused” her for years — with several others coming forward with similar shocking claims.

“Manson is worried about his safety and is not taking any risks,” an insider told The Sun.

“He’s concerned about who might turn up at the house and has hired 24-hour security to watch out for him.

“He’s paranoid at the best of times, but the allegations have really rocked him and he was adamant he needed protection.”

While holed up in his Hollywood Hills home, the “Antichrist Superstar” singer has been especially antsy after a group claiming to be documentary makers started filming and taking photos outside.

His desire not to be seen was evident when cops were called to make a welfare check and he refused to answer the door.

After being dumped by his record label as well as his longtime manager, Manson has mostly been leaning on his wife Lindsay Usich as well as occasional visits from his legal team, the UK paper said.

“Manson still has close friends and team members who have been with him for years and are worried about him, but a lot of people have turned their backs,” the insider told The Sun.

“He is unsure of what’s to come regarding his career and is keeping an incredibly low profile.

“Manson has always been a hermit who often sleeps in the day and parties or paints at night into the early hours, so it’s unlikely he’ll be seen in public for a while.”

Soon after “Westworld” star wood’s post sparked the flood of accusations, Manson insisted they were “horrible distortions of reality.”

“My intimate relationships have always been consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how — and why — others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth,” he wrote on social media.

The singer’s lawyer and reps did not respond to requests for comment about the security, The Sun said.

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/17/maril...ations-report/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

On the Manson Nazi stuff - I thought it was part of his act. He seemed to be the shock jock of the goth world. I never took it as a promotion of Nazis but rather his trying to be as dark (and gross) as he could be. To be honest, back when he came out, it never occurred to me to be offended by it or see it as anti-semitic. It was a wanna be playing with dark images.

I'm certain he'd tell a young girl that. Reveal the "real" him to her and advise her not confuse his onstage persona with the nice guy he really is. Then he lures her into the rape room.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information