Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You two hug it out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    No thanks. * Hugs Twitchy instead. *
    Sylkyn likes this.
    ???
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "While she did not elaborate as to why, it is probably because she does not have much time to spare between acting and producing, as well as running her restaurant and other business ventures, and also her constant appearance schedules."

LOL Daily Mail strikes again.

this. she says one thing. the daily fail provides a 'helpful' explanation so that people won't jump to the conclusion that she's an evil, baby-hating cunt who's too selfish to take time out of her shopping schedule to care for a baby.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    ???
    Just thought it was funny!

Okay, have to share a funny story. I was out to eat with three of my girlfriends. (they are more spouses of co-workers than friends, but whatever) Two of them have young children. One waited a long time after marriage to have them and one popped them out right after marriage. The other girlfriend is in her forties, does not have kids, and has no desire to ever have them. The conversation soon came around to "So, Friend #3, when are you and Spouse going to have babies?" I snickered to myself, because this girl is very clever and I knew she was about to let them have it.

She looked at Friend #1 and said "Didn't you and Spouse wait a long time to have babies so you could have time to yourselves first?" Friend #1 nodded. Then she looked at Friend #2 and said "And didn't you tell me you guys wanted to have kids quickly to, and I quote, 'get it over with?'" Friend #2 nodded. "So I really don't see why you guys are so concerned over whether or not I do something that you obviously dreaded, and you thought was so horrible that you needed to get through with it quickly. Am I right?"

I just about sputtered my drink across the table. She broke up that little nosy fest quickly.

Is she really only 39? Strange how the gap between me and celebs gets larger and larger!

If she's in her 40's, her age alone should have tipped them it was a myob situation. At that age, she's either figured out she doesn't want any or if she's trying it's entirely possible she's having/has had trouble. Likely a sensisitve issue either way, don't bring that shit up would be the smartest thing to do, but people just can't resist.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    I don't think any single female actresses/celebrities owe the press an explanation or comments about when/whether they are planning to have children. No one asks Leo DiCaprio or Ryan Gosling about having a family. The press wants to know so they can start the baby bump watch and write articles speculating about their pregnancy status. Screw them. No woman should be made to feel like a failure because she doesn't have children.
    I wish that people -press or otherwise - would consider asking anyone the Children Question to be as appropriate as asking what colour knickers they are wearing that day or if they like to do the weekly shopping with an arse full of love beads. Just don't fucking go there, ok? Those who are planning or expecting will soon tell you aaaaaall about it if they are prepared to discuss it and for everyone else it's either a major irritation or opening a can of worms they were enjoying a break from dealing with until some fucking arsehole decided to open it up again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

It's rude on many levels. First of all, no one knows why she doesn't have children. Maybe she can't have children, maybe she's tried and had a miscarriage or maybe she truly doesn't want kids. I can't tell you how many times I was asked about children. When are you getting engaged? When are you getting married? When are you having a baby? Don't wait too long! There's never a perfect time! blahblahblah. It wasn't only me they asked, it was my SO too. People asked him almost as much as they asked me. Once we had a child, the never-ending questions about when the second one is coming. When are you guys having the next? Don't wait too long. She needs a sibling!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this. she says one thing. the daily fail provides a 'helpful' explanation so that people won't jump to the conclusion that she's an evil, baby-hating cunt who's too selfish to take time out of her shopping schedule to care for a baby.
    This. I will never understand why people care so much about celebrity wombs. I have friends who have made it clear they are not planning on children, and never once has it ever occurred to me to inquire about the "reason." Maybe I'm just a selfish cunt, but I just don't care. And asking carries the possibility of opening up a can of worms that I'd rather not worry about if I don't have to. My friends who struggled with fertility knew they could come to me because I cared, but at the same time I wasn't trying to go out of my way to dig at someone else's scabs. If they need me, I'm there. But if not, it's their business. Kids are not for everyone. The reasons "why not" are plentiful and private. Whether it's a lack of desire, money, or health issues... WGAF. It's not happening. The end. Now you know that she just had a big lunch.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I'm 30 and still unsure on having children.
    I love children but, I'm not going start popping them out because I feel as though I have to - by society's standards.
    If it happens, awesome, if it doesn't, that's perfectly fine too.

All I know is, like I've stated in a couple threads already, I respect motherhood. I respect mothers. Being responsible for the growth and development of a human being (among the daily responsibilities motherhood entails) is definitely not easy and not something to take lightly. (I'm looking at you MTV Teen Moms series).

It's like, god forbid some people out there are aware of the responsibility of parenthood, and make a conscious, well-thought out decision (for whatever reason, fertility issues not included) at some point not to have children.

Plus, I'm still unsure about bringing children into a world where Kim Kardashian is considered "A" list.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Did anyone hear in the past as to why she and Tony broke up? Not sure they ever publicly stated why,...but, I was just curious. He seems like such a sweet and respectful guy from what I have seen of him.

Oh, fuck off!!! I hate the media on shit like this. Maybe she can't have them, or maybe she just doesn't want children. She is a productive adult and a decent person that is self sufficient. I don't understand why they feel you HAVE to have a kid or two, to be normal.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    Plus, I'm still unsure about bringing children into a world where Kim Kardashian is considered "A" list.
    No worries there.
    SoCalMarie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Did anyone hear in the past as to why she and Tony broke up? Not sure they ever publicly stated why,...but, I was just curious. He seems like such a sweet and respectful guy from what I have seen of him.
    I don't know if it was already over at that point, but there was a supposed affair between Tony and the (estranged?) wife of a teammate. He denied it but not too convincingly, imo.

ETA: here's an interview Eva did about it, apparently it was a sexting thing.
    https://tv.yahoo.com/news/eva-longor...about-me-.html
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    I don't think any single female actresses/celebrities owe the press an explanation or comments about when/whether they are planning to have children. No one asks Leo DiCaprio or Ryan Gosling about having a family. The press wants to know so they can start the baby bump watch and write articles speculating about their pregnancy status. Screw them. No woman should be made to feel like a failure because she doesn't have children.
    We have definitely had the chance to experience this attitude from different angles, having decided one way at one point (no kids) and then changed our minds (and had them). At one point, Mrs. Mohandas' mom had implied something like "you can't really have the full experience of being a woman until you bear children". Mrs. Mohandas was furious and told her to buzz off - and they didn't speak for almost a year.

Mrs. Mohandas has a friend who has no children and no desire to have them, but has others who wanted them and had unreliable mates who dumped them when time was running out on their ability to have children. It sucks. If you are a guy, because of basic biology, your options are open almost forever. For example, Jack Kent Cooke (US football team owner) impregnated some woman when he was in his 80's. In my opinion, it should definitely be an off-limits question for reporters with female celebs.
    Kittylady and Sunrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I don't know if it was already over at that point, but there was a supposed affair between Tony and the (estranged?) wife of a teammate. He denied it but not too convincingly, imo.

ETA: here's an interview Eva did about it, apparently it was a sexting thing.
    https://tv.yahoo.com/news/eva-longor...about-me-.html

Thank you, MM. That sucks, if true, especially with a teammates estranged wife. Idiot! He seems so humble and nice in interviews. But, I guess we never really know anyone until you live with, or marry them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information