Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Emma Watson on differences between U.S. and British guys & dislike of flip-flops

I don't love flip flops, but I wear them. The last year has involved my feet falling apart from the inside out, so I have some that are comfortable and I can wear. I hate sensible shoes so this is killing me in that respect. However, some flip flops are just cute and fun for summer, for going to the beach or maybe taking a walk, or doing yard work, etc. and I like them just fine then. But they are NEVER for men. Never.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I can't fathom so much hatred for flip-flops/thongs. I could count on one hand the people I've known in my lifetime that haven't worn them, and they were all goths. They're a way of life down here. I'm wearing some right now.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

Me too. Havaianas natch. Footwear of the gods but yes, you do need to keep your feet well maintained.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I can't fathom so much hatred for flip-flops/thongs. I could count on one hand the people I've known in my lifetime that haven't worn them, and they were all goths. They're a way of life down here. I'm wearing some right now.
    To be honest, I went a really long time without wearing flip flops just because I wasn't going to the pool and not going to the beach regularly. I never hated flip flops, but some of my friends were crazy about their hatred. I never in my life hated flip flops to that degree. I grew up wearing them in the summer along with sneakers, sandals and regular shoes. I don't get where the real hate comes from.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yep, I've got my yellow ones on which are my indoor pair, my slippers so to speak. I've got at least 6 pairs of Havaianas and would never wear any others. They're the longest lasting, most comfortable and cutest. The people with ugly feet are usually wearing ugly thongs too.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I don't love flip flops, but I wear them. The last year has involved my feet falling apart from the inside out, so I have some that are comfortable and I can wear. I hate sensible shoes so this is killing me in that respect. However, some flip flops are just cute and fun for summer, for going to the beach or maybe taking a walk, or doing yard work, etc. and I like them just fine then. But they are NEVER for men. Never.
    If you have foot issues, flip flops are the worst things you could be wearing. They're horrible for anyone's feet.

I've never bought a pair of Havaianas specifically because they're so thin. Thin flip-flops and sandals have a tendency to get caught on the top part and roll over under the ball of my foot when I walk, if that makes sense. Havaianas are supposed to be better made, I know, so maybe they wouldn't do that?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I won't lie. I love flip-flops. I'd wear my Rainbows in the snow if I could. But so long as I have a recent pedi, who cares. Same for men. As long as their feet aren't nasty, I don't have a problem with it. I'm the barefoot queen otherwise and I've never had any problems with my feet. I'm not a slob, but with shoes/feet, I go for what's the most comfortable.
    Laurent likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Hit By Ban Bus!

I only wear Michael Kors leather thongs. They have good arch support, which I need. I can't do totally flat shoes.

Flip flops are appropriate at home or at the beach. They are not to be worn in public under any other circumstances and definitely not at work or at school. And they certainly must never, ever be worn by men. If the boyfriend even thinks about buying any, I'll burn them. Possibly with them still on his feet.

That said, I understand some people find them comfortable and like them so whatevs. It's their feet.

Bronze Member

My daughter has been dating a guy from England for 6 months. HUGE HUGE difference in maturity! 20 yr old guys here she says are &%^%'s. When she met this guy it was just a huge breath of fresh air. He has been here 2 years, she is hoping the american ways don't rub off on him.

generalizations are generally silly.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I knew there was a reason I loved her.
    I hate her less now
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Flip flops are appropriate at home or at the beach. They are not to be worn in public under any other circumstances and definitely not at work or at school. And they certainly must never, ever be worn by men. If the boyfriend even thinks about buying any, I'll burn them. Possibly with them still on his feet.

That said, I understand some people find them comfortable and like them so whatevs. It's their feet.
    ITA - but (you knew that was coming) in the summer I still have to wear support tights/socks but if I wear them with sandals it's not too bad. The only problem is that my feet swell up so much that the only thing that constantly fits is a flipflap
    Waterslide likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I said it in the Karl thread and I'll say it again - I hate flipflops. It's the sound, the feet... just everything. Plain wrong.
    Callalily, greysfang and Jadestone like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information