Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Elton John's Ex-Wife Renate Blauel Sues Singer Over Memoir and 'Rocketman' Movie

I think she said people told her he was bisexual but she didn't think that would be an issue.

All I can say is she must have been quite naive. I mean, this has ruined her life to the point where she had to go into hiding and change her identity? Was she really hounded that much? Or just totally humiliated that she had married a gay man?

I agree I probably wouldn't be happy to see it brought up again after all these years in his autobiography and movie though. By now, most people had probably forgotten and it just brought her back into the spotlight.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think she said people told her he was bisexual but she didn't think that would be an issue.

All I can say is she must have been quite naive. I mean, this has ruined her life to the point where she had to go into hiding and change her identity? Was she really hounded that much? Or just totally humiliated that she had married a gay man?

I agree I probably wouldn't be happy to see it brought up again after all these years in his autobiography and movie though. By now, most people had probably forgotten and it just brought her back into the spotlight.
    At a time when the British press were tapping phones, hiring "private investigators", interfering with police investigations into the murders of children to get a story - I'd say yes.
    MsDark, sprynkles and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    At a time when the British press were tapping phones, hiring "private investigators", interfering with police investigations into the murders of children to get a story - I'd say yes.
    Ok. I wasn't really paying much attention to him at the time, and really haven't since the mid-70s. Loved his early stuff (Madman across the Water is still a fav) but once he reached his kitschy phase I quit buying his music and only know the songs that got lots of radio play. By then I wasn't really a great fan. I barely remember him getting married.
    Novice, czb, sprynkles and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Ok. I wasn't really paying much attention to him at the time, and really haven't since the mid-70s. Loved his early stuff (Madman across the Water is still a fav) but once he reached his kitschy phase I quit buying his music and only know the songs that got lots of radio play. By then I wasn't really a great fan. I barely remember him getting married.
    The British tabloids have always be scummy. It's just that we can prove their scummy now.
    Kittylady likes this.

I loved Yellowbrick Road, Captain Fantastic and Rock of the Westies.. I listened to those albums a million times as as young teen. But I was never all gaga over him. He was too adult for me. Lol. But man oh man, that was some great music. Then he got all sucky in the 80's. I never paid him any attention. He's become so weird.
    Trixie likes this.

Tumbleweed Connection and Madman were the peak for me. There were maybe one or two good songs on some of the later ones but he lost that singer-songwriter vibe and moved into the weird guy with the duck costumes and shit. He turned into a clown.

They played this on some tv show a few years back I don't even remember what it was but it made me sit up straight.

sprynkles likes this.

czb

i liked him in the 70s. so many good albums and i was young enough so it wasn’t like i cared about his image and there was no mtv so no one noticed his looks. didn’t see him live
    until the 80s and that was a giant disappointment .
    Trixie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I'm sure they had sex. I think he did everyone and everything in the early hedonistic days. I think that much was admitted during the film, which I loved.
    I thought Taron did a good job. I've always wanted to see Tantrums and Tiaras but I can't find it for free online (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Ive just finished reading the book. He literally doesn't discuss their marriage. He pointedly states that he respects her and their agreement. The whole extent of her character's appearance in the film is to appear as a producer, who he spontaneously decides to marry, then they separate as he's downing a third of a bottle of vodka in orange juice at breakfast, as well as the visual statement that by the end of their marriage, they were sleeping separately. Which isn't a surprise.
    Thanks for this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I've always wanted to see Tantrums and Tiaras but I can't find it for free online (yet)
    He didn't come across well. Very spoilt and difficult.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

His book's description of T&T is hilarious. Actually, the book is great.

But about T&T, Elton said it helped him get his shit to therapy to sort out his anger issues, which was very necessary.
    sprynkles likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information