Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Elton John and David Furnish expecting second child via surrogate

Quote Originally Posted by Leyot View Post
    Congrats to them, but I sort of wish they had done this ten years ago. Losing one parent while your in your twenties is terrible and these kids stand to lose both.

This. My boyfriend said he always loved how young his mom was when she had him that she'd be around a long time... She died this year at 44, he turned 27 the week after
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

How awful for him. I have an acquaintance with a similar thing. Her mom was 45 when she was born and her dad was 55. She was their only child and they had been previously unable to conceive due to the mother's health issues. She was their "miracle" baby. Her mom's health continued to deteriorate her whole life and her dad died unexpectedly from an aneurism when she was 22. She was the caretaker for her mom for another 4 years before she passed. So she was 26 by the time both parents were gone and her mother was in such poor health and father was not very physically active so I think she missed out on a lot. Things can happen to parents at any age, but it still seems kind of unfair to the kid to become a new parent at 65.
    Seapharris7 and 00Kimmi00 like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

fgg

zachary is such a gorgeous little baby! want!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

So happy for them!
    Daisy Sun likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think Elton's sperm won; that kid really looks like young Elton, full of sass and opinions and cute as hell.

I hope the surrogate is friends with them privately so that later on, if either of the kids wants to meet their bio-mom, they can. I like their reasons for wanting a second child; I'm an only child and it never bothered me much, but I can see what they're talking about regarding their own situation.

As for the age thing... My parents had me at forty and both of them were gone by the time I was in my mid-thirties. I miss them every day, but it's not like I'd prefer never having been born. Plus you just never know. My Mom's mother and all her aunts lived well into their nineties. Who would've thought Mom would be suddenly, mysteriously falling apart by 75 and gone by 77? For decades she had never seemed to age at all.*sigh* I should have had her much longer....but that's the way it goes. You just never, ever know. Best to go ahead and live while you're alive!
    Mel1973, Osakan and Daisy Sun like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

If anything I'd think giving the kid a sibling would make the age thing easier for the first child to deal with. At least he'd have a brother or sister.

As others have said, having children at a younger age is no guarantee you will be around for a long time. My mother, as I've mentioned previously, had me when she was 29 and then died a year later at 30. Thankfully, my own children have been luckier. They are now adults and their mom is still alive and well! *knocks wood*

Elton John and David Furnish have become fathers for the second time, according to multiple reports.
    According to The New York Post, the couple welcomed their second baby via surrogate, and are said to have used the same Encino, Calif.-based surrogate mother who bore their first son, Zachary, in 2010.

No further details about the birth or the baby have been revealed, and the Rocket Man's spokeswoman has refused to confirm or deny the report, telling Page Six, "We never discuss our clients' personal lives."

In November, The Sun reported that John and Furnish were expecting their second child, and were on the hunt for a nanny to care for their impending arrival.

John, 65, has previously gushed about becoming a parent. “I think it changes everybody. It’s the most wonderful thing that you could possibly go through," he is quoted by Radar Online as saying. "I regret a little bit that I didn’t do it sooner, but [Zachary] has changed our lives. Everything is about him now."

Elton John And David Furnish Welcome Second Child: Report

I heard this surrogate gave birth to the new baby, this baby and Camille Grammar's baby.

Elite Member

Boy, has she been busy! Great news for them. Congratulations!

my mother had me at 30 and died at 44. I just wanted to contribute. >.<

congrats to them

^ Sorry, Quat and Seapharris.

He is a cutie and I agree, he looks like Elton.

Elton John Confirms Birth Of Baby No. 2: Elijah Joseph

POSTED: JANUARY 15, 2013 BY CAROLYN ROBERTSONGOOGLE +1 0
    RETWEET 5
    LIKE 15
    [COLOR=#777777 !important]1

[/COLOR]

It’s official: Elton John and David Furnish have welcomed their second child!After initially denying last week’s reports, the couple have confirmed the happy news to Hello!magazine, saying that their son Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John was born last Friday weighing 8lbs 4oz.“We are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement. Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable,” say Elton, 65, and David, 50, who are also parents to 2-year-old son Zachary. “The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement.”Earlier this year David revealed their plans for another baby – and their hope to use the same surrogate – explaining, “I would like Zachary to have a sibling. I think he would be better with a sibling than on his own. It’s something we talk about all the time. But in terms of when, where and how, nothing’s decided yet.”

Elton John Confirms Birth Of Baby No. 2: Elijah Joseph | Celebrity Baby Scoop

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Congrats!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Aww congrats, they picked a lovely name
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information