Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ellen Page & her lover buy some hot young lesbian groceries (not my title)

^ Do you not proofread the articles before you post them? Probably not, because you post a different one almost every five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    The guy that wrote this is a no-talent moron.

The guy that wrote this probably drove his woman into the arms of another woman and now he's just a bitter bitch.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I don't blame a poster for posting a 'mean' article. I think it's cool if we can all talk about how bad the article is, sort of like that squirrel chopper dude. Doesn't mean the poster agrees with it.
    ^ Agreed.

The article was disrespectful, but I guess I just chalk it all up to basically a horny teenage boy wanting to believe anytime they see two females together there is something sexual going on. At least from the handful of articles I have read from this site, that's the vibe I get. Does it make it right? No... but that should stop US from making it pretty public how much we disagree with the article.

He sounds just like every MAN I work with, the ones who invite me and the fellow female co-workers out for drinks... hoping maybe we'll just start making out with each other. Seriously...

Sugar... The real gateway drug

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    My only question is the same issue I have with Jodie Foster. Imagine what a good role model she could be for young lesbians if she came out, but no one can force her out of the closet! (although it probably wouldnt be that big a deal anyway)
    I totally agree that it would be great if Jodie Foster came out of the closet (which she partially has in recent months); it would be great for other gay people, for role-model purposes. HOWEVER, Jodie Foster is known to almost certainly be gay. She has a girlfriend that she is known to cohabitate with, raises her kids with, & does other "couples stuff" with (and who she acknowledged openly at some awards show).

Ellen Page, on the other hand, has stated that she is NOT A LESBIAN. So how do we, or anyone, know that she is in fact a lesbian??? Maybe she is, and is in the closet; maybe she is sexually-confused (at the young age of 19 or 20 my sister was still rather confused about whether she was actually gay) and isn't sure about her sexuality yet & is still working it out in her own mind & life.

In any event, i find fault with this article because it is FULL of STEREOTYPES about lesbians.--Stereotypes that i find offensive, insulting, & hurtful to lesbians, and which i wish were not even present on the internet for people to read (thereby possibly furthering these damaging negative stereotypes), much less present on our awesome, gay-friendly GossipRocks forum. JMO
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

I don't see anything wrong with Ingi posting the article at all, it's a disgusting stupid article, but nothing wrong with discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with Ingi posting the article at all, it's a disgusting stupid article, but nothing wrong with discussing it.
    I do find something wrong with it. If i were a lesbian, i would be very hurt reading this article. I personally find posting articles that further hurtful stereotypes (whether it be in regards to sexuality, race, or religion, etc.) inappropriate. I think that the fact that reading such a disgusting article might hurt some people reading it, to be more important than our members' opportunity to "discuss" such (in Tati's words) "horseshit". That is just my opinion. (Nothing personal, Mrs.M )
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~

I've been wanting to talk about my dildo on this site for AGES ... this post was the perfect opportunity. Unfortunate if any lesbians found the article hurtful, perhaps they took solace in the fact that their GR community trashed it so thoroughly.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I think I agree with GoldDust. I think if ingi thought it needed to be reposted, he or she probably should have at least prefaced it with a "hey, look at this dumbass article." If something is offensive, just flat posting leaves it open to the interpretation that you agree with it, whether you do or not. The article is the sort of thing that feeds into a stereotype that people who are haters buy into. It is something of a vicious cycle, really.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I think I agree with GoldDust. I think if ingi thought it needed to be reposted, he or she probably should have at least prefaced it with a "hey, look at this dumbass article." If something is offensive, just flat posting leaves it open to the interpretation that you agree with it, whether you do or not. The article is the sort of thing that feeds into a stereotype that people who are haters buy into. It is something of a vicious cycle, really.
    THANK YOU, Dove--You explained in a better way than i could. I agree, posting something like that with a preface of (like you said), "Hey guys check out this stupid article i came across" so we can then all poke fun at its stupidity, is FINE. I would have NO problem with that at all. I totally agree with your post; the way you stated it was perfect!
    Cloud said:
    I've been wanting to talk about my dildo on this site for AGES ... this post was the perfect opportunity. Unfortunate if any lesbians found the article hurtful, perhaps they took solace in the fact that their GR community trashed it so thoroughly.
    Dildos?--GREAT! I love to talk about dildos! So would my lesbian sister, i'm sure--and i'm sure she'd have a great time while talking about them. You obviously missed the point (OR you are just being humorous--IF SO, i apologize in advance, Cloud, for taking your post the wrong way, & if being humourous was your intent, then you were pretty damn funny if i look at it in that light!). Talking about dildos is one thing. Making assumptions that someone is a lesbian based on STEREOTYPES, i.e.: the way they look (short hair, *unfeminine* way of dressing), the fact that ::gasp:: the person is with another female, the fact that said person is buying dildo-shaped vegetables, as well as making disgustingly crude remarks about lesbians in general, is A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING, and is, IMHO, not appropriate, hurtful to lesbians, & offensive.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~

Reread the first four post of this thread..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Reread the first four post of this thread..
    SSDiva, if you are talking to me in your post^^, um, i certainly DID "read the first four post [sic] of this thread." And i gave you props & told you i agreed with said posts written by you. (I am assuming you are referring to your posts in the first four posts at issue.) That is why i wrote this:
    I am glad i am not the only one who finds this article disgusting. I agree with you Nicole, Tati, and SSDiva.
    in the first 2 sentences of my first post on this subject. It is in Post #31.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDust77 View Post
    SSDiva, if you are talking to me in your post^^, um, i certainly DID "read the first four post [sic] of this thread." And i gave you props & told you i agreed with said posts written by you. (I am assuming you are referring to your posts in the first four posts at issue.) That is why i wrote this:in the first 2 sentences of my first post on this subject. It is in Post #31.
    I wasn't being vain, nor trying to feed my ego. I was pointing to ingi's post about the cucumbers and other vegetables being the best part...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm not feeling the gay vibe. She just strikes me as being very young and possibly inexperienced with boys. That said, she seems wise for her years and probably realizes that there's plenty of time for the romance stuff. We'll have to see how things unfold as her career does.

Making assumptions that someone is a lesbian based on STEREOTYPES, i.e.: the way they look (short hair, *unfeminine* way of dressing), the fact that ::gasp:: the person is with another female, the fact that said person is buying dildo-shaped vegetables, as well as making disgustingly crude remarks about lesbians in general, is A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING, and is, IMHO, not appropriate, hurtful to lesbians, & offensive.
    The reason I have issue with this vein of thought on GR is that NO ONE at GR did that. Ingi posted a potentially misguided sentence after the article - but I think we all have to look at what really happened in our community before we say that certain things shouldn't be posted.

The response from GR was just what we would expect and hope it would be, so this isn't a community in which ANY group (with the exception of Pageant Moms and Xtian Fundamentalists ... oh and maybe Scientologists) would feel uncomfortable or attacked.

We post things all the time simply because they are stupid and ridiculous and shine a light on the glaring ignorance of the authors ... why is this any different.

and I was being funny about the dildo ... I find it interesting that you point out your LESBIAN sister would enjoy talking about dildos ... while we're on the subject of stereotyping. If you had a straight sister maybe she wouldn't enjoy it?? (mayhap I'm being a bit touchy now, but that whole sentence seemed to smack of you falling into your own trap)

Hit By Ban Bus!

I totally agree that it would be great if Jodie Foster came out of the closet (which she partially has in recent months); it would be great for other gay people, for role-model purposes. HOWEVER, Jodie Foster is known to almost certainly be gay. She has a girlfriend that she is known to cohabitate with, raises her kids with, & does other "couples stuff" with (and who she acknowledged openly at some awards show).

Ellen Page, on the other hand, has stated that she is NOT A LESBIAN. So how do we, or anyone, know that she is in fact a lesbian??? Maybe she is, and is in the closet; maybe she is sexually-confused (at the young age of 19 or 20 my sister was still rather confused about whether she was actually gay) and isn't sure about her sexuality yet & is still working it out in her own mind & life.
    oops! my bad, I thought she had left the sexual orientation question open ended on purpose when she was on SNL
    Last edited by ingi; April 11th, 2008 at 10:11 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information