Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: Ellen Page comes out as transgender, will be called Elliot

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ... Hell, I have a neighbor who won't even neuter his damn dog, it goes around the neighborhood lifting its leg and marking its territory, talk about projection.
    are you my neighbor??
    Trixie and BITTER like this.

fgg

Elliot Page files for divorce from Emma Portner

Actor Elliot Page has filed for divorce from wife Emma Portner, new court records show.

The 33-year-old “Juno” star — who recently came out as transgender — filed for a contested divorce Tuesday in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Portner, 26, a professional dancer and choreographer, publicly supported Page’s decision, saying she was “so proud.”

“Trans, queer and non-binary people are a gift to this world,” Portner said in an Instagram post from Dec. 1. “I also ask for patience & privacy but that you join me in the fervent support of trans life every single day. Elliot’s existence is a gift in and of itself. Shine on sweet E. Love you so much.”

The divorce comes just three years after the pair married in January 2018.

Reps and a lawyer for Page did not immediately return requests for comment. Portner could not immediately be reached.

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/26/ellio...-emma-portner/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

czb

so i wonder if portner will be so supportive after ellen/elliot filed.

this has to be a really difficult sitch for both so no judgment here.

Elite Member

WTF? I'm so surprised. I thought Eliot and Emma were totally cool.

For some reason this makes me a little sad.
    Lofty Bike and Novice like this.

Yeah it's sad, they seemed like a really good match. And maybe they were but it has to be really hard on the partner. Even if you want to be supportive and to be there for your spouse during their transition, if she's only attracted to women, i could see how it would be almost impossible to stay in a relationship with a trans man.
    tulip, Lofty Bike, Sarzy and 6 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oh, this is so sad. They seemed so solid, even as Elliot transitioned, and I'm assuming that began way before he announced it publicly. Sometimes no one is at fault - it just doesn't work. I hope they are kind to each other thru a very difficult time, and I hope the 'public' is kind to them both.
    tulip and Novice like this.

^^^
    i assumed the same thing. i think it's highly likely the split was also already in the works even before he announced he was transitioning.
    tulip, lindsaywhit and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    WTF? I'm so surprised. I thought Eliot and Emma were totally cool.

For some reason this makes me a little sad.
    Absolutely
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

It's sad.
    I like that there are relationships that last through one partner transitioning because it feels good (to me anyway) to know there can be love that goes beyond gender identity.

But I can see how if someone isn't pan or bi, they can't force themselves to change their sexual orientation.
    If you are only attracted to women and your partner transitions and is now a trans man, there can still love, but it will be different.
    Lalasnake likes this.

The wife is a lesbian. Lesbians like women not men or dicks. Surprised it took so long.

i saw an article somewhere else that had a full transcript of his statement and it said that they had split this past summer so yeah, i guess they were holding off on the announcement until after elliott came out as transgender.
    Lalasnake and tulip like this.

I'm also saddened by this news, but yeah if Emma is strictly lesbian she might not want to stay married to a trans man. I do hope they remain friends, I loved them together.
    Lalasnake, tulip and LaFolie like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

fgg

Elliot Page undergoes top surgery: ‘It transformed my life’

Elliot Page revealed he underwent top surgery as part of his transgender journey.

“The Umbrella Academy” star said the surgery, which removes breast tissue to produce a more masculine appearance, was life-changing.

“It has completely transformed my life,” he told Time magazine in a cover story.

Page said the surgery doesn’t define being trans, but provided him with freedom from the “total hell” that was puberty and allowed him to finally recognize himself when he looks in the mirror.

The “Juno” star revealed he was recovering from the surgery when he came out as transgender in December.

“I feel lucky to be writing this. To be here. To have arrived at this place in my life,” Page, 34, wrote in his social media announcement. “I feel overwhelming gratitude for the incredible people who have supported me along this journey. I can’t begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self.”

His wife, Emma Portner, said she was “so proud” of Page for coming out and living authentically, but they’ve since decided to part ways; Page filed for divorce from Portner in January.

“After much thought and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to divorce following our separation last summer,” the pair said in a joint statement. “We have the utmost respect for each other and remain close friends.”

The divorce came just three years after the pair married in January 2018.

Page and Portner — both Canadian-born — have been very public about their love for each other, including once posing topless and kissing each other in a June 2019 Instagram post captioned, “HAPPY PRIDE!!! Sending love.”

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/16/ellio...ormed-my-life/
    Lalasnake likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I think it really is a (long awaited) milestone that a trans person finally makes the cover of the Time, and I've always loved Elliott - but really the composition of the picture bugs me.
    Why is there half a chair in the frame? Why is it with the dog, I'm sure they had a picture when it's not looking completely the opposite way with flying hairs that makes its appearance weird.
    I like that they went for something simple, without any enhancement, but this feels a bit off.

Anyways, I'm glad for him, and any other person who finally gets to feel good in their bodies.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I made it most of the way through the article in Time & it was really interesting.

It made me aware of things that I didn’t know about and he sound much more - not happy, as such but kind of relieved? It’s hard to explain but it’s obvious he feels more himself, which we all need.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information