Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Elizabeth Edwards hoping to stop Rielle Hunter from raising her kids

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i feel for Elizabeth, even still, even after some people choose to bash a dying woman.

this is no way for her to leave this life in such upheaval and betrayal, its just sad. i really hope by some miracle she can hold on for a long while and have joy with her kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    A lot of words have been around for centuries. But some people like being stuck in the antiquated past.
    Yep, and it continues under each of their screen names too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ Are all those screen personas as unpleasant as this one is?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Murphee View Post
    "Bastard" has been around for centuries.......check out a history book or two.
    Condescension has been around even longer.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Here's one piece Butt. I remember seeing it from a more reputable source too.

Elizabeth Edwards meets John's love child......
    JOHN EDWARDS' WIFE MEETS HIS LOVE CHILD!

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john...elebrity/67896

Another story:
    Liz met love tot and split
    By JEANE MACINTOSH

Last Updated: 10:35 AM, January 29, 2010

Posted: 3:47 AM, January 29, 2010

John Edwards' long-suffering wife finally pulled the plug on their marriage after a bizarre Christmas meeting with his love child, family members said.

Elizabeth Edwards asked to meet Frances Quinn, the daughter the former presidential wannabe fathered with campaign videographer Rielle Hunter, according to Elizabeth's sister, Nancy Anania.

"She gave it a lot of thought, wrapped up a bunch of Christmas presents, took them to the baby and was so pleased when Quinn made a beeline to the toy carriage and doll," Anania told People magazine.

The warm fuzzies for the little girl couldn't overcome Elizabeth's fury at her husband's years of lies, Anania said.

"Elizabeth was trying to embrace this new reality in her life," People executive editor Betsy Gleick told the CBS "Early Show" yesterday. "And, as we all know, she basically -- she couldn't do it. She's done."

Read more: Elizabeth Edwards to divorce John Edwards after meeting Rielle Hunter's child Frances Quinn - NYPOST.com

In a shocking turn of events, Elizabeth Edwards is meeting her cheating husband's love child for the first time, and she's insisting that he pay his mistress nearly $18,000 a month in support, The ENQUIRER has learned.

While she's heartbroken over John Edwards' “second family,” Elizabeth is determined that the disgraced presidential candidate avoid an ugly court battle with his mistress Rielle Hunter, insiders say.

“Elizabeth feels that above all else, John and Rielle need to put their differences aside,” a close source told The ENQUIRER.

“As much as she hates that John has a second family, she can't stand the idea of Rielle going public with their dirty laundry in court. She instructed John to have his lawyers call Rielle's people and say they're giving her what she wants. She's also going to meet Rielle's little girl face to face over the next few weeks.”

Behind the scenes, Elizabeth – whose oldest son with Edwards was killed in a car accident – has a soft spot for her husband's love child Frances, who will turn 2 on Feb. 27, according to the source.

“Despite her anger at Rielle, who she's painted as a stalker and a homewrecker, Elizabeth knows Frances didn't bring any of this about,” said the source.

“Elizabeth sometimes breaks down in tears when she talks about Frances. Once she said, ‘She needs a daddy. All children need their father.'”

Huh. I missed all that. Good for her for doing it. It couldn't have been easy but I think she should take the next step and realize this kid isn't going away and therefore the mother isn't going away. She needs to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    If we're going to go by anecdotal evidence, then: my older siblings are from my mother's first marriage. Her ex-husband was not only physically abusive but a serial cheater. I don't know if his second wife was someone he cheated with, but he did remarry.

But my siblings have a great relationship with both parents, and both stepparents, because of my mother. It would never occur to her to expose her kids to any resentment she may have had towards her ex. She always strived to be nice and cordial and moved on to her own happy marriage. She even became friends with her ex-husband's new wife and they happily "co-grandma" together. Anything less would be seen, in my mom's eyes, as totally failing her kids. Their marriage didn't work out but as she said, "He's still their father, and whether he was a lousy husband to me doesn't mean he hasn't changed as a father and it doesn't mean he's not been a good husband to [Second Wife]."
    Great story and the exact opposite of what happened to a friend of mine. Her father had an affair and the mistress got pregnant with my friend. The father left the first wife and got together with the mistress and they went on to have another child. One day the father was going by the first wife's house to pick up his kids from her. My friend and her sister were in the car. The first wife came screaming out of the house, shouting 'don't you dare bring those two little bastards into this house'. Nice. My friend never forgot and even though everyone gets along now she still hates her father's first wife.
    I say don't screw with somebody else's partner and then have the gall to worry that your little bastard doesn't have a "normal" relationship with her half siblings.

Rielle (and John) did that to their brat, not anybody else. Why does one kid get to NOT pay for their parents' mistakes?

Zero sympathy....maybe if people learned to make better choices, they wouldn't have to deal with such shitty fallout. Too bad, so sad.
    So that little kid should suffer because the adults are idiots? Nice. Good thing your parents were perfect.
    No, not all children "are", but this one is, technically. Oh, and the word "bastard" has been around for centuries....
    So has slavery.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

fgg

John Edwards's Daughter: Our Lives Were 'Savaged'

By Sandra Sobieraj Westfall
    Friday June 25, 2010 01:50 PM EDT

Elizabeth Edwards – and, for the first time, daughter Cate – are opening up about John Edwards's infidelity and the breakup of the marriage.

In PEOPLE's edition next week, Cate, 28, who lives in Washington and clerks for a federal judge, and her mother talk candidly about their relationships with John now, Elizabeth’s cancer and other issues.

"There are the things she taught without words," Cate writes about her mother in a bonus essay for PEOPLE. Like, "how to continue to live your life on your own terms when it somehow becomes savaged by people you never invited into it."

PEOPLE’s extensive interview was Elizabeth’s first in more than a year and her first public comments since several tell-all books and interviews about the former presidential candidate’s affair called Elizabeth’s own character into question earlier this year.

"It’s my story and I’m writing it from here on out – nobody else," Elizabeth says in the interview as the paperback edition of her bestselling book Resilience, is released.

The paperback includes a new chapter reflecting on the worst of the fallout from husband John’s infidelity and on their split at the end of last year.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ugh thats so hard to read about, his daughter is only a year older than me. i cant imagine to learn that your father you respected was behaving like a selfish child for so long and in such a manner.

i can't believe there are still people out there who care or think it makes any kind of difference whether or not a kid is born out of wedlock, or that it should carry any kind of stigma if they are. seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i feel for Elizabeth, even still, even after some people choose to bash a dying woman.

this is no way for her to leave this life in such upheaval and betrayal, its just sad. i really hope by some miracle she can hold on for a long while and have joy with her kids.
    I agree with you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information