Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Edwards hoping to stop Rielle Hunter from raising her kids

One of the really tragic things about these two divorcing is how much they truly deserved each other.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    One of the really tragic things about these two divorcing is how much they truly deserved each other.
    No kidding, eh?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elizabeth needs to move on.

Children respond to divorce and custody arrangements based on the atnosphere set by the parents. It's plain and simple. EE needs to keep her resentment to herself. JE needs to show that he has respect for EE and his kids. It doesn't look like either is capable of this.

I do recall though, that EE had the little girl to her home so her 3 kids could meet her and have a relationship with her. I had the utmost respect for her at that time. Too bad that sense of putting the kids first does not appear to still be paramount to the adults involved.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Did she really? All I rtemember is her calling the kid 'it' and refusing to acknowledge that it would have any place in her family's life. Must check this out.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Here's one piece Butt. I remember seeing it from a more reputable source too.

Elizabeth Edwards meets John's love child......
    JOHN EDWARDS' WIFE MEETS HIS LOVE CHILD!

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john...elebrity/67896

Another story:
    Liz met love tot and split
    By JEANE MACINTOSH

Last Updated: 10:35 AM, January 29, 2010

Posted: 3:47 AM, January 29, 2010

John Edwards' long-suffering wife finally pulled the plug on their marriage after a bizarre Christmas meeting with his love child, family members said.

Elizabeth Edwards asked to meet Frances Quinn, the daughter the former presidential wannabe fathered with campaign videographer Rielle Hunter, according to Elizabeth's sister, Nancy Anania.

"She gave it a lot of thought, wrapped up a bunch of Christmas presents, took them to the baby and was so pleased when Quinn made a beeline to the toy carriage and doll," Anania told People magazine.

The warm fuzzies for the little girl couldn't overcome Elizabeth's fury at her husband's years of lies, Anania said.

"Elizabeth was trying to embrace this new reality in her life," People executive editor Betsy Gleick told the CBS "Early Show" yesterday. "And, as we all know, she basically -- she couldn't do it. She's done."

Read more: Elizabeth Edwards to divorce John Edwards after meeting Rielle Hunter's child Frances Quinn - NYPOST.com

In a shocking turn of events, Elizabeth Edwards is meeting her cheating husband's love child for the first time, and she's insisting that he pay his mistress nearly $18,000 a month in support, The ENQUIRER has learned.

While she's heartbroken over John Edwards' “second family,” Elizabeth is determined that the disgraced presidential candidate avoid an ugly court battle with his mistress Rielle Hunter, insiders say.

“Elizabeth feels that above all else, John and Rielle need to put their differences aside,” a close source told The ENQUIRER.

“As much as she hates that John has a second family, she can't stand the idea of Rielle going public with their dirty laundry in court. She instructed John to have his lawyers call Rielle's people and say they're giving her what she wants. She's also going to meet Rielle's little girl face to face over the next few weeks.”

Behind the scenes, Elizabeth – whose oldest son with Edwards was killed in a car accident – has a soft spot for her husband's love child Frances, who will turn 2 on Feb. 27, according to the source.

“Despite her anger at Rielle, who she's painted as a stalker and a homewrecker, Elizabeth knows Frances didn't bring any of this about,” said the source.

“Elizabeth sometimes breaks down in tears when she talks about Frances. Once she said, ‘She needs a daddy. All children need their father.'”
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If we're going to go by anecdotal evidence, then: my older siblings are from my mother's first marriage. Her ex-husband was not only physically abusive but a serial cheater. I don't know if his second wife was someone he cheated with, but he did remarry.

But my siblings have a great relationship with both parents, and both stepparents, because of my mother. It would never occur to her to expose her kids to any resentment she may have had towards her ex. She always strived to be nice and cordial and moved on to her own happy marriage. She even became friends with her ex-husband's new wife and they happily "co-grandma" together. Anything less would be seen, in my mom's eyes, as totally failing her kids. Their marriage didn't work out but as she said, "He's still their father, and whether he was a lousy husband to me doesn't mean he hasn't changed as a father and it doesn't mean he's not been a good husband to [Second Wife]."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I get that she's angry and probably bitter as hell but the other woman didn't break up her marriage, her husband did. And like the article says, she can't rule from the grave. All she's doing is making sure that the little girl has zero chance of having a normal relationship with her half siblings.

I say don't screw with somebody else's partner and then have the gall to worry that your little bastard doesn't have a "normal" relationship with her half siblings.

Rielle (and John) did that to their brat, not anybody else. Why does one kid get to NOT pay for their parents' mistakes?

Zero sympathy....maybe if people learned to make better choices, they wouldn't have to deal with such shitty fallout. Too bad, so sad.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Elizabeth needs to move on.
    WHERE? She's not the one who fucked things up....she doesn't need to do squat.

Simplest solution, make sure the homewrecking bitch dies before you do. Just saying.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphee View Post
    I say don't screw with somebody else's partner and then have the gall to worry that your little bastard doesn't have a "normal" relationship with her half siblings.

Rielle (and John) did that to their brat, not anybody else. Why does one kid get to NOT pay for their parents' mistakes?

Zero sympathy....maybe if people learned to make better choices, they wouldn't have to deal with such shitty fallout. Too bad, so sad.
    This is not the '50's. CHILDREN are not "little bastards". This very small child is also not a brat. She's not even out of diapers by now. I mean...just damn.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

This is not the '50's. CHILDREN are not "little bastards". This very small child is also not a brat. She's not even out of diapers by now. I mean...just damn.
    Well, to be fair, that kid is a bastard.

Bastard | Define Bastard at Dictionary.com

But yeah, too young to be a brat. I don't have high hopes though.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Well, to be fair, that kid is a bastard.

Bastard | Define Bastard at Dictionary.com

But yeah, too young to be a brat. I don't have high hopes though.
    Dictionary.com needs to revamp. Again this is not the fucking '50's.

Quibble about words all you want. She's the living breathing product of a fuck up between an opportunistic whore and a dumb, irresponsible piece of shit cheater of a husband AND dad.

I feel for the kid, actually. But I feel for the other kids too and I can personally empathize with them way more.

I am so motherfucking thankful every time I think about it for the fact that my dad had a vasectomy following the birth of my youngest brother. I like to think I would make an attempt at something and a relationship would not be completely unfathomable if I had an unwanted, unplanned half-sib. Especially when I was older and mature enough to be able to consider him/her as an individual without thinking about the fact that they were a reminder of my parent's fuck up, since it's certainly not the kid's fault. But as long as said sib didn't expect me to have to deal with their whore mom. It'd be weird.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Exactly. It's not the child's fault how she came to be. Man, a little empathy for the kid.

I feel for all the children in this situation since there seems to be no shortage of asshole adults in their lives.

It would never occur to her to expose her kids to any resentment she may have had towards her ex. She always strived to be nice and cordial and moved on to her own happy marriage. She even became friends with her ex-husband's new wife and they happily "co-grandma" together. Anything less would be seen, in my mom's eyes, as totally failing her kids.
    Good for your mother. She sounds like a wise woman. Sometimes you just have to get over your bitterness and do what's best for your kids. If that means making friends with the whore the ex married, then that's what you do. (Not talking specifically about your story NoNoRehab, just speaking in general)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information