Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Edward Norton is a *******

Lets not forget Fight Club. I do think that Edward is definitley a talent, that goes without saying....but even he has said that he is difficult to work with, and especially direct.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

love HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    If these are all three star films, I'm curious of your definition of a GOOD film
    Shit are you for real? Hmmm how about taxi driver, king of comedy, on the waterfront, harold and maude, dr strangelove, fargo ,amelie, etc. etc. etc. A 3 star rating means it is average, ok and *gasp* even good. Im not saying they are the worst films ever just that they are not amazing. Does anyone really think rounders, red dragon, the illusionist etc. are amazing? Perhaps you should watch manhunter, now theres a GOOD film for you. Much better than red dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Robert De Niro is in a lot two- and one-star films. Christopher Walken? Same thing. Al Pacino? Same thing. Nowadays our greatest actors will be in ANYTHING. I hardly think that says anything about Norton's talent. And Norton's got talent in spades. He is a phenomenal actor. He's just a dickweed, too, unfortunately.
    De Niro doesnt have many crap films during his peak. I dont blame him for starring in worse films as he got older as he wasnt well paid back in the day nor do you get plum roles at his age. What you are saying is basically standards with todays actors have dropped and i couldnt agree more. De niro was 37 when he made raging bull and ed at 38 makes the hulk. Nuff said.

In my opinion Norton is an ok actor but nothing special. I too thought back in the day he had the potential to be a good actor (im not a hater) but he's lost it now. I will still maintain that he is riding on the coattails of the work he did in the 90s. Nothing he's done since then has made an impact culturally or within the film world. Thats why he has to turn to the hulk to stay relevant with the masses because he cant do it any other way. He must want the fame and attention badly.

You're right about him being a huge 'dickweed' - i've met him unfortunately and i will leave it there.

Btw have fun watching the craptastic hulk this year. Im sure you guys will find the film and ed amazing.

Shit are you for real? Hmmm how about taxi driver, king of comedy, on the waterfront, harold and maude, dr strangelove, fargo ,amelie, etc. etc. etc. A 3 star rating means it is average, ok and *gasp* even good. Im not saying they are the worst films ever just that they are not amazing. Does anyone really think rounders, red dragon, the illusionist etc. are amazing? Perhaps you should watch manhunter, now theres a GOOD film for you. Much better than red dragon.

I've seen all of those films. They were, for the most part, good films. I have a very special place in my heart for Harold and Maude. I love Peter Sellers almost to a fault. Being There is in my top five.

However, I would place Fight Club, possibly American History X, and a few others in this category as well. I worked in videostores on and off for nine years and I have a very expansive viewing knowledge of movies, however, I am one who enjoys a good cheeseburger as much as I enjoy rack of lamb with mint jelly, and thusly I don't understand the 'film snob' mentality that because a film isn't 'high arte', it isn't good. I enjoy Blade every bit as much as I enjoy My Father's Glory or City of Lost Children, but for entirely different reasons.

I would, for the record, put Manhunter and Red Dragon on Par. Does this make me a film neandertahl? No, this means I have different opinions from *you*.
    Last edited by WhateverLolaWants; May 6th, 2008 at 09:28 AM.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok View Post

De Niro doesnt have many crap films during his peak. I dont blame him for starring in worse films as he got older as he wasnt well paid back in the day nor do you get plum roles at his age. What you are saying is basically standards with todays actors have dropped and i couldnt agree more. De niro was 37 when he made raging bull and ed at 38 makes the hulk. Nuff said.

In my opinion Norton is an ok actor but nothing special. I too thought back in the day he had the potential to be a good actor (im not a hater) but he's lost it now. I will still maintain that he is riding on the coattails of the work he did in the 90s. Nothing he's done since then has made an impact culturally or within the film world. Thats why he has to turn to the hulk to stay relevant with the masses because he cant do it any other way. He must want the fame and attention badly.

You're right about him being a huge 'dickweed' - i've met him unfortunately and i will leave it there.

Btw have fun watching the craptastic hulk this year. Im sure you guys will find the film and ed amazing.
    I've seen all Norton's films, and he is most definitely BEYOND "ok." He is an astonishing actor. He makes bad choices, but my god, is he talented.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^You are right. He was truly astonishing in Primal Fear, and that movie was pretty standard Hollywood Thriller fare.

Don't look for any of his great acting in Death to Smoochy. That was awful. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I've seen all Norton's films, and he is most definitely BEYOND "ok." He is an astonishing actor. He makes bad choices, but my god, is he talented.
    This is your opinion, fair enough. I admit i should have said he was a good actor but nothing BEYOND that in my opinion. I didnt realise you would just pick up on one word but i guess i totally owned you in that post. Come on, im right about him doing NOTHING since the 90s. Dont just stick up for him because you're a fan. Like i said i thought he had potential but goodness hes pissed it up the wall. You must have seen how unastonishing he was in the illusionist, DTS, TIJ, DITV etc.

I have to say that american history x is a terrible film WhateverLolaWants and fight club isnt much better. And yeah shame on you for liking the hack-ratner red dragon film over manhunter - but like you said its your opinion which means to ME i accept it but dont have to rate it. Btw I like popcorn movies, im not being a film snob, crikey 'dumb and dumber' shits over the entire filmography of sir ed's. For realz.

Btw the reason he was good in primal fear was because he was an unknown actor which helped alot with the audience not having any preconceptions about him. Whether you want to admit it or not. Gosh, i remember laughing through this film at how silly it was. Norton, bless, stammering his way through especially made me and my friends laugh. With gere and frances being so serious and earnest. Aww memories.

Good lord...try some punctuation. And oh yes, you 'owned' Lily by disagreeing with her.

You just rule, don't you.
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I have to say that american history x is a terrible film WhateverLolaWants and fight club isnt much better. And yeah shame on you for liking the hack-ratner red dragon film over manhunter - but like you said its your opinion which means to ME i accept it but dont have to rate it. Btw I like popcorn movies, im not being a film snob, crikey 'dumb and dumber' shits over the entire filmography of sir ed's. For realz.
    I think Fight Club is a pretty good movie. Very funny too. Don't understand why you're ragging on it.
    Btw the reason he was good in primal fear was because he was an unknown actor which helped alot with the audience not having any preconceptions about him. Whether you want to admit it or not. Gosh, i remember laughing through this film at how silly it was. Norton, bless, stammering his way through especially made me and my friends laugh. With gere and frances being so serious and earnest. Aww memories.
    Primal Fear is a 'flawed' film. Its concept with the twist at the end stretches credulity but I'd say that Richard Gere, Laura Linney AND Edward Norton made it work on screen despite that.

Good lord...try some punctuation. And oh yes, you 'owned' Lily by disagreeing with her.

You just rule, don't you.
    Haha. I love it when someone has to pick on punctuation and not the content of what was written. And me saying i 'owned' lily was obviously said tongue in cheek, perhaps your reading skills need improving. Geez WhateverLolaWants you are so serious, lighten up. We are discussing films and actors not politics.

The content was commented on...by my comicbook guy reference. You came in to this thread and criticized opinions...making fun of the opinions of others in a way which was malicious and self serving rather than playful. Your play at being an elitest has no ground to stand on.

*I* love it when a troll has to fall back on how 'laughable' everyone else is when someone calls them on being just that: a troll.

Go guard a bridge.
    Do it anyway

This is your opinion, fair enough. I admit i should have said he was a good actor but nothing BEYOND that in my opinion. I didnt realise you would just pick up on one word but i guess i totally owned you in that post. Come on, im right about him doing NOTHING since the 90s. Dont just stick up for him because you're a fan. Like i said i thought he had potential but goodness hes pissed it up the wall. You must have seen how unastonishing he was in the illusionist, DTS, TIJ, DITV etc.

Um, okay. Here's your trophy.

The content was commented on...by my comicbook guy reference. You came in to this thread and criticized opinions...making fun of the opinions of others in a way which was malicious and self serving rather than playful. Your play at being an elitest has no ground to stand on.

*I* love it when a troll has to fall back on how 'laughable' everyone else is when someone calls them on being just that: a troll.

Go guard a bridge.
    Lola, you rock!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Lola, you rock!!!!!
    Do it anyway

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information