Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Edward Norton is a *******

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    What a shame. He is so hot as the skinhead in American History X, one of my favorite films.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    There were also reports that while filming Red Dragon, Norton showed up on the set with new script pages he wrote for himself and Anthony Hopkins that led to fighting with the director.
    I wouldn't hold that against him. Brett Ratner fucking sucks, and he's a world-class douchebag.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

I love Edward Norton. And despite all the stories of how bitchy he is, I'll probably continue to lurrrrrve him.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGirl View Post
    I love Edward Norton. And despite all the stories of how bitchy he is, I'll probably continue to lurrrrrve him.
    I love him too, but with his attitude he's not going to get the parts that he deserves. He needs to dial it down a notch or two.

^No kidding. It would be nice to see him work more. He's always interesting on screen.

He's been in about ten good movies, actually, and he's a reasonably good box office draw. This is why divas are put up with throughout theatrical history. It will never change

1.Fight Club
    2.Primal Fear
    3.The Illusionist
    4.The Italian Job(remake...was good, not great, but definitely good)
    5.Red Dragon
    6.Frida(Ok,it was a cameo in his girlfriend's flick, but he WAS in it and it was a damned good movie)
    7.The Score
    8.America History X
    9.Rounders
    10.People Vs Larry Flynt (Okay, again good but not great, still...)
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I loved People Vs Larry Flynt! But to me, The Prestige was better than The Illusionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    ^^I loved People Vs Larry Flynt! But to me, The Prestige was better than The Illusionist.

I liked them both. I try not to compare similar themed movies too much if possible. I had a friend who refused to see A Bug's Life because he'd 'Already seen Antz' and this frustrated me so much I make my best effort to take them in as separate films entirely
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I thought he was good in American History X, but the movie itself is manipulative and mediocre.

Fight Club is a great film, and his performance was astonishing. He even brought the best out of Brad Pitt--raising Pitt to the level of mediocrity he achieved in that film alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Not short. He's 6 feet tall.

He's very talented, but his credibility has waned enormously. He should have just stuck to acting and stopped reminding everyone he went to Yale. A little humility goes a long way. Most celebs don't realize that. Well, pretty much all of them don't realize that except, like, Tom Hanks.
    Huh, I had no idea.

He is a good actor regardless of personality.

Unfortunately some of the most talented people, regardless of industry, are typically divas of sorts and need to grounded time to time.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

^He's a great actor, really. He had the potential to be one of the greatest actors of all time....certainly the greatest actor of my generation. But he's made some stupid, stupid choices (professionally...and probably personally, but I'm mainly just talking about his career here), and needs to get off his high horse and redeem himself.

Primal Fear? He was all kinds of Holy Sh*t in that film. He was excellent in Larry Flint, and in Fight Club, and he was good in pretty much everything I've ever seen him in, even in crap films. He just needs to cut out the bullsh*t.

That list above of ten films are films worthy of 3 star ratings and below and no more. If thats your thing, mediocre, then ed norton is definitely your man.

He has been riding on the coattails of the work he did in the 90's for too long now. It about time his fans wised up.

If these are all three star films, I'm curious of your definition of a GOOD film
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
    That list above of ten films are films worthy of 3 star ratings and below and no more. If thats your thing, mediocre, then ed norton is definitely your man.

He has been riding on the coattails of the work he did in the 90's for too long now. It about time his fans wised up.
    Robert De Niro is in a lot two- and one-star films. Christopher Walken? Same thing. Al Pacino? Same thing. Nowadays our greatest actors will be in ANYTHING. I hardly think that says anything about Norton's talent. And Norton's got talent in spades. He is a phenomenal actor. He's just a dickweed, too, unfortunately.

I remember when my ex boyfriend made a quick appearance at our neighbor's house for dinner. I was sick, so he just dropped off some wine. Our neighbors were talent managers and Ed was one of their clients, and was there that night. Somehow they started talking about not having dates; my bf was solo and so was Edward. Someone mentioned something about Ed bringing a girl in a wheelchair and he and others laughed, basically saying "why would HE have a girl in a wheelchair? haha" Disgusting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information