Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Ed Droste: Taylor Swift frightens me genuinely...has story to tell but "feels unsafe"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bootspaige View Post
    None of these girls get to this stage of their careers without being opportunistic, tough as nails, with some ability to scheme and portray themselves in a certain "acceptable" manner which is rarely completely authentic. Eventually, the smokescreen is lifted about the time the industry chews them up and we either abandon them, accept either the real them or, more likely, who they become to keep the engine going. sad!
    Agreemance. A good case in point is Lady Gaga. Her career has faltered. Is this because she is not as cut throat as she needs to be? Another one to consider is Ariana Grande. Despite donutgate, her career is still upswinging.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by harlowhog View Post
    Agreemance. A good case in point is Lady Gaga. Her career has faltered. Is this because she is not as cut throat as she needs to be? Another one to consider is Ariana Grande. Despite donutgate, her career is still upswinging.
    I think Lady Gaga's career is faltering because she became more about the shocks/outlandish image changes than the music. She went at it too hard and too fast and burned out people's patience without keeping up the quality of music needed to keep at least some of their attention.
    bootspaige, holly and Snarker like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    He sounds like a tosser who has a fear of successful women.
    That's a bit of a reach. Maybe she's just an infuriating, control freak? Things don't always boil down to male v female.
    BITTER likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

^^^She strikes me as a big phony.
    Brookie and Snarker like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by bootspaige View Post
    None of these girls get to this stage of their careers without being opportunistic, tough as nails, with some ability to scheme and portray themselves in a certain "acceptable" manner which is rarely completely authentic. Eventually, the smokescreen is lifted about the time the industry chews them up and we either abandon them, accept either the real them or, more likely, who they become to keep the engine going. sad!
    Exactly. They are all a commercially packaged product targeted at a certain audience and her schtick is better than most plus she writes her own songs. She is an internationally successful phenomenon and who is he again?
    Bombshell and bootspaige like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I think he comes across as bitter but I agree she is a fake and is very passive aggressive. Someone said on Twitter that she is the Regina George of the pop world and that is very apt because it describes her to a T.

Is there where i admit to singing 1989, loudly and often, in my car and maybe even dance while i do it? i graduated from high school in 1988! (ducks and hides from your tomatoes! )

He sounds like a douche in this article, but he's responsible for this song, so I forgive him.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I think he comes across as bitter but I agree she is a fake and is very passive aggressive. Someone said on Twitter that she is the Regina George of the pop world and that is very apt because it describes her to a T.
    Katy Perry called her Regina George in sheep's clothing I believe
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Katy Perry called her Regina George in sheep's clothing I believe
    Yup, and it's a spot on assessment IMO. The passive-aggressiveness, the playing coy and the victimhood are irritating as hell.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information