Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Dustin Diamond (Screech Saved by the Bell) Dead at 44

It's so sad. A former co-worker's brother went to the hospital on a Monday, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer on Tuesday and died on Friday. He was in his late 50s, I think.

Same theme - had been feeling really, really awful but was scared to know what was up.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

fgg

Dustin Diamond’s girlfriend details the ‘Saved by the Bell’ star’s final days

Dustin Diamond’s girlfriend Tash said she’s “heartbroken” following the “Saved by the Bell” actor’s death earlier this week.

“He was the love of my life. We planned on a future together and spoke often about having kids,” the 39-year-old pharmacy technician told the Daily Mail, adding that she last spoke to him the day before he passed away. “Even though he was struggling to breathe and had difficulty speaking, he was able to get out the words to me, ‘I love you,’ I told him I loved him back.”

Diamond died at age 44 on Monday, just weeks after being diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung carcinoma.

According to Tash, Diamond was released from the hospital Monday to his friend Jules’ Ft. Myers, Fla., home for hospice care. While Jules and the hospice worker prepared his bedroom, Tash arrived to discover Diamond in the front room not breathing.

His best friend, Dan Block, explained that last week he was able to talk, but by Sunday, he was barely able to breathe.

“We aren’t really sure when Dustin actually died, if he died at Jules’ house or if he died en route after leaving the hospital,” Block told the outlet. “It was terrible … we were all crying that he was gone. We knew he was suffering and now he wasn’t.”

Block said Diamond didn’t want a gravestone or a service and will be cremated next week.

“Dustin was scared, he called me often crying, telling me he didn’t want to die,” his friend explained. “He was in a lot of pain. One time on the phone he told me, ‘Find me a new body, I don’t want to die.'”

Block also described a phone call Diamond received in his final days from “Diff’rent Strokes” actor Todd Bridges.

According to Block, Bridges told Diamond, “Hey, man, love you, brother, see you again one day soon.”

Block said Bridges was the last person to speak with Diamond apart from himself and Tash.

Reflecting on better days, Tash shared exactly how her under-the-rader relationship with Diamond came to be via Facebook.

“We had mutual friends. One day I received a message from him, something like, ‘Hello, how are you?’ I didn’t think it was him, but thought he may have been a troll, so I decided to play along.

“I wasn’t sure I was talking to the real Dustin Diamond until I actually met him in person and we just clicked.”

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/03/dusti...is-final-days/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I once met a bartender in College Park (MD) who had an ENORMOUS tumor on his neck. The guy was a behemoth himself, and this tumor looked like a small human head. Later on, I told a friend about it, and he said he knew the bartender really well. I asked, "Did he tell you what's going on with his neck?" And my friend replied, "He doesn't know. He's afraid to go to a doctor and ask."
    The thing is it could just as likely be a benign fatty deposit that is easily removed by the dermatologist. Avoiding going to the doctor not only endangers their life if it is malignant, it also lowers their quality of life if it's benign.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    The thing is it could just as likely be a benign fatty deposit that is easily removed by the dermatologist. Avoiding going to the doctor not only endangers their life if it is malignant, it also lowers their quality of life if it's benign.
    this is what I constantly think about when watching Dr Pimple Popper. I know American health care is fucked, and I know people are scared of doctors (fuck knows I use the same 'logic' with dentistry...) but c'mon. You have a giant lump on you. Go get it sorted out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    this is what I constantly think about when watching Dr Pimple Popper. I know American health care is fucked, and I know people are scared of doctors (fuck knows I use the same 'logic' with dentistry...) but c'mon. You have a giant lump on you. Go get it sorted out!
    I think the problem is that for a lot of people, it starts out as something small an innocuous and they think it's probably a blocked pore. Then, as it gets bigger, they get into increasingly bizarre levels of denial.
    holly likes this.

czb

i also think that some of these patients are in east buttfuck and they go to a country GP who doesn't know what it is and it's their impulse to say "it's nothing".
    dexter7 likes this.

wow, it would be bad enough just living in a town with that name....

Speaking of that, there is a town south of here called "Scaggsville". And everyone who lives there says they are from the next town over when people ask them.
    holly likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information