Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gave one of the most offensive interviews ever to GQ

Elite Member

I bet there is no such clause. No way in hell would these people sign something that (in their minds) would equate with them denying their relationship with God.
    I meant that there was a clause that could allow A & E to fire them if they negatively impacted their brand, in the network's opinion. Not about religion specifically, but some type of fairly easy out for the network if they go off the rails on something.

I just saw something where Phil is coming back..

off to google.. brb
    Novice likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I think it means that they are going to show the season that's already been filmed and he's in those eps.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I've said all along that loyalty is entirely too important to them to allow that to happen - money, be damned.

Well, if that's the case, I bet the rest of the family has figured out EXACTLY how to get out of that contract here lately...

Phil is fresh out of fucks to give over what A&E wants.

absolutely. Phil thinks he's on tv to save people. His thoughts and ideas were always going to be made public.

yes. we'll make money off ideas that we don't agree with and we'll hide them as best we can... A&E made a huge gamble if they really thought they were going to shut Phil and his beliefs down.

They suspended him because of hypocrisy. If you read the whole damn article about this fiasco, you'll see that Phil thinks he can save people and that is the only damn reason he ever did this show. Money was never the bottom line... they want to save your soul from hell.

I bet there is no such clause. No way in hell would these people sign something that (in their minds) would equate with them denying their relationship with God.

Yes, he is. Little Will is his adopted son and they love him just like they do Sadie & John Luke (as far as I can tell from watching the first couple seasons). Seems like they adopted him around Christmas time because it comes up every season with their Christmas show.

Oh hell, I posted that to lure my FB crazies out and SOMEONE had to try & ruin (roon it) it for me!
    Bwhahahaha! That'll be me then!
    The couple with the adopted child? If you saw the piece I posted the dad had just come back from somewhere that was promoting (BI-racial?) adoption. Apparently they wish to promote opening up your family to give someone else's child a loving & stable home. We need to stone these fuckers right NOW!!!!

Willie has just come back from Washington, D.C., where he accepted an award at the Angels in Adoption Gala. (He and his wife, Korie, adopted a biracial child named Will and are dedicated advocates of the practice.)
    I just saw something where Phil is coming back..

off to google.. brb
    Let me know. I know the stuff about his personal preference are no worse than shit on here or irl. He prefers women. *shrug*
    the biblical stuff I can't comment on as I don't know the bible well enough, but it's hardly a unique view point. Even the church of England (very liberal) didn't want gay vicars because it was against something in the bible. But they capitulated & said gay was ok but no gay sex, and now that is on too..... Others say it's between them & their god, but to all of these religions I would say that gay is not a "life style choice" so why did you god make these people gay if he ( because their god is always a man) thought that it was wrong???
    But I disagree with a whole lot of their shit so just ignore me....
    Last edited by Novice; December 23rd, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I don't particularly care either way and have caught a grand total of prob 3 mins of this show ever, but I posted on my FB page (after seeing post after post after post of people supporting his right to free speech):

"Weird...I don't recall seeing all kinds of posts supporting Dog the Bounty Hunter and freedom of speech when A&E suspended him for racist remarks. Hmmmm...."
    Froogy likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Charlie Sheen Blasts ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson for ‘Unforgivable’ Comments

Charlie Sheen is giving voice to the voice-less in a raging Twitter rant addressing “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson, who’s in the middle of a controversy over anti-gay and racial comments made during an interview with GQ magazine.
    No stranger to being in the middle of a media firestorm himself, Sheen shows no mercy for Robertson in a very angry missive posted to Twitter on Saturday.
    “You have offended and hurt so many dear friends of mine, who DO NOT have the voice or the outreach that I do,” FX’s “Anger Management” star said. “Well, news flash shower-dodger, I will speak loudly and clearly for ALL of them."

In speaking for those who are offended by Robertson’s statements, Sheen refers to the reality star as “mallard brained” and “desperately sub evolved,” among other incendiary things.
    He also threatens ”a MaSheen style media beat down” as he insults Robertson’s intelligence and offers some interesting thoughts on the kind of work Robertson can get after “Duck Dynasty.”
    As fans of the A&E show already know, Robertson has other avenues in which to make a living outside of reality TV. His patented duck call is at the center of his multi-million dollar company, Duck Commander.

Currently, A&E has suspended Robertson from shooting the series indefinitely — a move that will have very little effect on the upcoming fifth season premiering on Jan. 15. Nine out of the 10 episodes have already been shot and the production is currently on production hiatus.

Charlie Sheen Blasts ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson for ‘Unforgivable’ Comments
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

And Charlie Sheen never used a racial insult in his life ever.... That one of his ex-wives hasn't got in tape.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I've said all along that loyalty is entirely too important to them to allow that to happen - money, be damned.
    Absolutely. The funny thing is, this family has a fortune of over 400 million dollars. They "only" make $200,000 an episode for their TV show. They'll be fine, with or without A&E.

They suspended him because of hypocrisy.
    It's all about the money with all these companies. They are such hypocritical cowards. If you want to suspend someone/pull someone's products over their offensive interview, then do so. Don't backtrack when you realize how much money it's going to cost you. Wal-Mart/Cracker Barrel/ A&E knew this man's beliefs from the very beginning, it just didn't become a problem until it became public. Wal-Mart was so quick to pull all of Paula Deen's products during her scandal (probably because pulling a few crock pots/cookbooks wouldn't hurt their pocketbooks too much!), yet have remained silent in the controversy involving one of their major product sellers. Cracker Barrel removed their merchandise only to immediately return it to shelves when their customers "expressed their displeasure." At least Phil Robertson states his beliefs and sticks behind them, which is more than can be said of these cowardly companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    the biblical stuff I can't comment on as I don't know the bible well enough, but it's hardly a unique view point.
    I Corinthians 6:9-11 are the Bible verses Phil refers to in his interview.
    9"Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

Interestingly enough, these verses come from a letter written by the apostle Paul. Never once anywhere in the Bible does Jesus address homosexuality. Most "Christians" who use the above verses to condemn homosexuality conveniently leave out all of the other things listed. They jump on the homosexuality part because that's the one trait they are "safe" from, whereas, let's be honest, they are probably all the other things listed plus some. Hell, I know I've been "guilty" of all of them at some point in my life.

Never once does Jesus address homosexuality in the Bible; however he does discuss hypocrisy and casting judgment in Matthew 7. Perhaps these judgy Christians would do well to read that.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye"

One of the best books I have ever read is one titled When Bad Christians Happen to Good People: How We Have Failed Each Other and How To Reverse the Damage. Dave Burchett, the author really calls out hypocritical Christians and the damage they are doing to the people around them. It's really an excellent read for anyone, although I would say that those from the Southern United States who grew up in a "church-ruled" town will probably understand it best.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And Charlie Sheen never used a racial insult in his life ever.... That one of his ex-wives hasn't got in tape.
    This. Who's next, Alec Baldwin?

I love how Charlie said something like "I'll try not to use big words, so you can understand". Phil has a Master's Degree in education and invented a device that has made his family millions. Charlie Sheen snorts cocaine off of prostitute's asses.

Phil's beliefs may be ignorant and outdated..but he's not an idiot.

Having been raised by religious fundies, this attitude is prevalent. Every time my mom mentions the evil of "the gays", I'm quick to point out that biblically speaking, fornication is fornication -- gay, straight -- the bible did not make one worse than the other.

I have some fundie single friends that have the same ideas about homosexuality but will hump anything with a pulse. I love quoting their favorite scripture right back at them -- remove the 2x4 from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from your brother's eye.

As for Phil, all of this is likely feeding the common persecution complex had by many fundamental Christians. So I don't give a fuck -- live your life the way you want, believe what you want, keep your show and those that disapprove of your stance can choose not to watch. Nothing that can be said will change his mind -- it's like arguing with a wall, so what's the point?

With that being said, the second you use your beliefs as a foundation to disenfranchise other groups, it's on.
    idunno, Flygirl and Froogy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Having been raised by religious fundies, this attitude is prevalent. Every time my mom mentions the evil of "the gays", I'm quick to point out that biblically speaking, fornication is fornication -- gay, straight -- the bible did not make one worse than the other.

I have some fundie single friends that have the same ideas about homosexuality but will hump anything with a pulse. I love quoting their favorite scripture right back at them -- remove the 2x4 from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from your brother's eye.

As for Phil, all of this is likely feeding the common persecution complex had by many fundamental Christians. So I don't give a fuck -- live your life the way you want, believe what you want, keep your show and those that disapprove of your stance can choose not to watch. Nothing that can be said will change his mind -- it's like arguing with a wall, so what's the point?

With that being said, the second you use your beliefs as a foundation to disenfranchise other groups, it's on.
    Couldn't have said it better if I tried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    This. Who's next, Alec Baldwin?

I love how Charlie said something like "I'll try not to use big words, so you can understand". Phil has a Master's Degree in education and invented a device that has made his family millions. Charlie Sheen snorts cocaine off of prostitute's asses.

Phil's beliefs may be ignorant and outdated..but he's not an idiot.
    hilarious, isn't it? I love how he called him a "shower dodger"... Charlie Sheen is questioning someone's hiyiene? Fucking seriously? He needs to go ahead and shut the fuck up! That man has managed to offend a hell of a lot more people than Phil Robertson!

ETA: here's a bit more from Charlie...
    "I came up with a PERFECT holiday idea! Denise & Phil Robertson should get married! then he can practice the Bestiality he hates!
    c
    "

What a douchelord!
    Laurent likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Seriously, he just threw his ex wife (you know, the woman who raised two of his children with another woman) under the bus? Fucker can fuck right off.

yeah, that bastard's becoming a real treat!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

I think the show's pretty shitty but they're a cute family, even if they think their god's gonna sort out the gays. As long as they don't think that's a duty up to them, they can say whatever they like. I believe in marriage equality but they don t seem to be picketing courthouses or shit like that. What should I care that their beliefs differ, as they're not trying to take away anyone's rights? And I do like that he doesn't give a shit about PR, or that his statement got him off the show, rather than trying to find some transparent way to backtrack. (Pretty much reiterating what y'all said but I'm saying it anyway)
    Bellatheball and Mel1973 like this.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information