Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gave one of the most offensive interviews ever to GQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I don't think it's THAT either. I don't think they are "anti-anything". I think he just basically said "I like pussy. I don't understand homosexuality."
    I think the pussy comment was him just joking around with the interviewer, but he did state what his beliefs are, clearly...

"Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

And then, “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Well, if we go by that, Phil may LITERALLY be worried about EVERYBODY!
    shedevilang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Well, if we go by that, Phil may LITERALLY be worried about EVERYBODY!
    He is!! He is a Christian who wants to save all these sinners.

i've never watched the show but based on what i've read he sounds like your typical ignorant, fundie hillbilly and his beliefs are a reflection of that. he's not saying anything different than your typical republican political candidate and they're allowed everywhere so i don't see why this guy should be suspended for saying what is essentially gospel in red states, i.e. that being gay is wrong and all black people are on welfare.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

yeah, in the grand scheme of things, more bad shit will be said about Phil than Phil ever thought about homosexuals or blacks... somehow, if someone makes a comment that offends people, it magically becomes ok to call him an inbred, knuckle-dragging, big boned swamp cunt. So, it's ok to assume/imply that Phil is stupid and fucked his mother because he stated a belief of his?
    Now you've got me on a Swamp Thing kick!

Where's Howard the Duck when you need him? Hopefully the Quack Pack didn't get him.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i've never watched the show but based on what i've read he sounds like your typical ignorant, fundie hillbilly and his beliefs are a reflection of that. he's not saying anything different than your typical republican political candidate and they're allowed everywhere so i don't see why this guy should be suspended for saying what is essentially gospel in red states, i.e. that being gay is wrong and all black people are on welfare.
    Shit, I JUST looked at my fb and people are going crazy over this. This man may have backwards ideas, but we are talking about colleged educated folks. I don't think he's ignorant - this man has an audience and those motherfuckers LOVE him! There are no fewer than 10 outraged posts today... and that's just in the last 2 hours. There's also a "Bring Phil Robertson Back" page with nearly 500,000 "likes" already. A/E may have fucked up with this shit...
    shedevilang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

This may be a turning point in America. LOL I am serious though. Maybe people will learn to not over react and instead take some time to actually investigate before taking action. A&E got a message from GLADD and they jumped through imaginary hoops to make GLADD happy. Why? Gladd is a great organization but they, and every other organization of this kind, should have so much power that we as citizens become afriad to express our views. Paula Deen is alleged to have acted in a way that showed blatant racism. Has Phil? Not from what I have seen so far. He has made it clear he doesn't agree with a homsexual lifestyle but said he will still love all people. He made a stupid comment about black people beig happier before entitlement programs and I have heard black people say the same thing because they feel these programs have actually created a bad situation by making people reliant upon the programs and penalizing them when they try to break free. I am pro choice but I willd defend the right of anti choice people to express their opinions until the day I die, and will feel the same about all other causes. /off soap box (for now)
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Phil Robertson Publicly Bashed Gays for Years -- A&E Knew All About It | TMZ.com

A&E knew all about "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson feelings toward gays when it hired him -- because the guy openly preached that gays were going to hell years before the series started.

Take a look at the video (above) of a 2010 sermon at Berean Bible Church in Pennsylvania ... it's pretty much your typical bible-thumping drill. Phil calls gay people shameful, perverse, heartless, faithless, senseless God haters ... destined for the burning pits of hell.

So with that backdrop ... A&E hired Robertson ... then allowed him to do an interview with GQ where it HAD to know the reporter would ask questions about his feelings toward gays ... and then when he answered honestly A&E punished Robertson.

Robertson may be misguided, but A&E is being dishonest for feigning shock about something it definitely knew all about.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_9zyvxggg
    llamamama likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Sarah Palin Defends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: "Free Speech Is an Endangered Species"

Phil Robertson's suspension from A&E's reality series Duck Dynasty has become an extremely polarizing topic for the show's fans and critics alike. Now, former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is speaking out in favor of the Louisiana-based entrepreneur.

On Dec. 18, the Alaska native, who had her own reality series on TLC in 2010, wrote on her Facebook page, "Free speech is an endangered species. Those 'intolerants' hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us."
    Robertson, 67, is under fire after a recent interview in GQ when he expressed his views on homosexuality in relation to his faith.
    "Everything is blurred in what's right and wrong. Sin becomes fine," he said. "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there -- bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

A&E has indefinitely suspended the family's patriarch from the popular series, which started in 2012.
    “We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," the network said in a statement. "His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”

But fans have since lashed out, claiming Robertson's suspension is a direct violation of his right to free speech and to express his religious beliefs.

Sarah Palin Defends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson After A&E Suspension - Us Weekly

See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

fgg

john luke is def gay so we'll see how that coming out reception goes.
    sluce likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Is that one of the sons, or a grandson???

God help me. I hate to agree with Sarah Palin on anything!!!
    Novice likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

grandson. it seems to me that phil can barely tolerate him as it is. i don't blame him bc he's annoying as all hell.
    sluce likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Shit, I JUST looked at my fb and people are going crazy over this. This man may have backwards ideas, but we are talking about colleged educated folks. I don't think he's ignorant - this man has an audience and those motherfuckers LOVE him! There are no fewer than 10 outraged posts today... and that's just in the last 2 hours. There's also a "Bring Phil Robertson Back" page with nearly 500,000 "likes" already. A/E may have fucked up with this shit...
    oh, i know a lot of ignorant people with college degrees. and they still think it's a slippery slope from gay sex to wanting to fuck animals, your own children and siblings, etc.
    i mean, look at sarah palin and half of the republican party.
    and IMO their ignorance is particularly inexcusable because it's wilful.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My friend asked me if I'd ever seen Duck Dynasty right after it started, because she loved it. I hadn't even heard of it but honestly thought it was a reenactment of episodes of the '80's Dynasty show but with ducks. I guess I'm very literal or something. I thought it was a funny web series on you tube. I was such an idiot!. She just let me go on, asking stupid questions like if the ducks wear costumes and do they have shoulder pads. She still brings it up and cackles with laughter every time.
    i guess I won't bother to check it out now.
    MontanaMama and Novice like this.

I've always felt that Phil was an asshole.He also doesn't have much respect for women. Now if Uncle Si turns out to be a jerk, I will most certainly be devastated.

Plus Willie is a famewhore....the show isn't going anywhere.
    BrickHouse likes this.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information