Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gave one of the most offensive interviews ever to GQ

Last week I got drunk and punched a toddler in the face 'cause he looked at me funny, but whatever, it's in the past, not gonna dredge it up now. I'll still always have the moral high ground against those godless homosexuals.

A*O

So they are born again conservative hillbillies with the usual beliefs and prejudices. No surprises there and hardly "jaw dropping" except maybe his willingness to express his views so unapologetically. A LOT of Murcans think like him. The early shows were mildly amusing and spontaneous and showed a close family doing hillbilly stuff - squirrel fricassee anyone? - but now it's contrived and clearly scripted like all these "reality" shows and they are lousy actors.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

agreed. and now with all the merchandise like chia pets, cookbooks, regular books, endorsement deals, videos, cds, etc. NOT INTERESTED
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    So they are born again conservative hillbillies with the usual beliefs and prejudices. No surprises there and hardly "jaw dropping" except maybe his willingness to express his views so unapologetically. A LOT of Murcans think like him. The early shows were mildly amusing and spontaneous and showed a close family doing hillbilly stuff - squirrel fricassee anyone? - but now it's contrived and clearly scripted like all these "reality" shows and they are lousy actors.
    That's why I hate it so much. So many people I know love the show because they think these people are just like them. It may have started out that way, but I just want to shake the people I know and say no, they are parodying you with all of that scripted shit and it's not so funny if you're not in on the joke on yourself.
    MsDark likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Pretty much. I was expecting a lot worse when I saw the headline. Same shit I see/hear every day around here and while I don't agree with it, like Mel, I do like that he just throws it out there. He's not saying anything bad or discriminatory should be done to homosexuals (unless I missed something, I didn't read the whole article at the link). There are people who will always think this way and while it sometimes angers me and always annoys me, I'm not going to hate on them for just stating their beliefs. Start taking action against gay rights and I'll hate on you. As for the Jesus part, good lord, I hear more about that than the anti-gay rhetoric so it just makes me shrug and smirk. I'm a big fan of JC myself but not in the choose-Jesus-or-Fiery Death kind of way. Whatever floats your boat as long as you're not trying to save me. I guess old Phil hasn't read the parts in the history books about all the bloodshed that resulted from disagreements re: Christianity.

I've seen the show several times, not much. Some of it is cute but it seemed obviously scripted, which I guess they all are, but some seem more blatant than others. This one seems blatant to me.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I watch the show from time to time. I never like Phil on the show. He seemed like a cranky person. I like old Si and Jase. Jase is the most attractive of the guys. They were very rich before the show ever came on.

A&E has suspended Phil indefinitely. So many people on my FB are squawking about freedom of speech, like the First Amendment has anything to do with it. Freedom of speech means freedom from the U.S. government controlling speech, not freedom from consequences of your private employer when you go out and spout off about your own opinions. Just because you have the right to say something without the government censoring you doesn't mean you won't get shit canned.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Whatevs. They can think what they want- free cuntry and all that.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

hmm, this makes me sad! I LOVE this show.

Though I'm not Christian, I like the "family values" through their Christianity they seem to portray on every episode.

I have watched with my daughter and enjoyed the family dynamics. It's so sad to hear his real thoughts but I am not sure he should be suspended for sharing his opinions. We have become so politically correct and reactions come fast and furious to pander to the angry public. I fear that behavior causes those on the fringe to then react even more outrageously. Maybe it's better to let people react by deciding to watch or not watch on their own.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Last week I got drunk and punched a toddler in the face 'cause he looked at me funny, but whatever, it's in the past, not gonna dredge it up now. I'll still always have the moral high ground against those godless homosexuals.
    Was that in a fit of post Black Friday madness? Hey sh!t happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I totally needed that laugh! Thanks!
    Ravenna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    A&E has suspended Phil indefinitely. So many people on my FB are squawking about freedom of speech, like the First Amendment has anything to do with it. Freedom of speech means freedom from the U.S. government controlling speech, not freedom from consequences of your private employer when you go out and spout off about your own opinions. Just because you have the right to say something without the government censoring you doesn't mean you won't get shit canned.
    Didn't NBC do something like that with Michael Moriarty on Law & Order (ADA Ben Stone). He said he was canned for being "too conservative".

Well, I believe he should be able to let people know how he feels. He has never hidden his religious beliefs from anyone. Anyone who's watched that show knows that these folks are some bible thumpers...
    And based on his own statement that he released prior to public knowledged of the hiatus, he stands by what he said.
    “I myself am a product of the ’60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    This. I was reading all these postings on Facebook this morning. Personally, I really don't see his as much different fro. Paula Deen. I have plenty of opinions that I don't express because a client/potential client may get offer needed, then they will never spend money with me no matter how awesome of a service I provide. #1 rule in business, don't shit where you eat.
    hustle4alivin and rockchick like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information