Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gave one of the most offensive interviews ever to GQ

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post

100% agree. I tend to be a "live and let live" kind of person. I have Christian friends and I have Atheist friends. I have gay, straight, bi - whatever, nobody's sex life is my business. I don't knock any of them for what they feel or believe. I know what I believe and feel and somehow, someway I've managed to have respect for all races, religions and sexual orientation. Whatever Phil - or anyone else for that matter - says changes NOTHING for me... but I can laugh!
    I basically said the same exact thing to my MIL recently. She told me I was a "deviant" and wouldn't be rewarded with entrance into "the Lord's kingdom". She's a devout Catholic. I told her I'd rather burn with the heathens for all eternity than go to a place full of bigots.

Bet bet she changes her tune when she needs you to do her shopping etc Charmed!

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I believe in free speech and all of that, but if I openly said, what I really wanted to say, I'm pretty sure I would be banned from life.

This rant, isn't even about Phil, it is about my step-brother and his wife. They are born again Christians, that are raging assholes. They go on and on about that stupid verse in the bible about gay people. They say really mean, and judgemental, and OLD TESTAMENT bullshit. When I bust out the NEW testament bible verse that pretty much says "judge not, lest ye be judged", the bible means nothing. IMO, if you believe in the bible, then you have to believe in BOTH new and old testaments.

Then, that gets into the fundamental argument. I was raised as a Christian of sorts. I was taught that God loves all, and God forgives all. There isn't some sidenote in the bible that says *1 "except gays". Even if you get into the can't get into heaven without being baptized argument, I'm pretty sure a lot of gay people have been baptized. Once again, nowhere in the bible does it say, that being gay, makes your baptismal null and void.

To piss my stepbrother off, because his "gays are going to hell" bullshit pisses me off, I ask him about his tithing. That asshat, is doing all the wireless shit, for the NFL. Yet he can't vind the bible verse for tithing, need I say more.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I guess it's really not that shocking to me to hear that this guy has the views that he does. I would have been more surprised to hear him say he's a pro-choice, marriage equality supporting, leftwing liberal I've never watched the show, mainly because I don't find hunting to be entertainment. Not my thing.

He has the freedom to say what he wants, but sometimes that freedom has consequences. You say something narrow-minded and ignorant, people are going to judge you for it. That's just the way it is.
    Exactly but I don't think that he cares what others think of him.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

fgg

'You can't get STDs from biblically correct sex', claims Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson in church sermon

Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson has said that sexually transmitted diseases can't be contracted through 'biblically correct' sex.

The devout Christian shared his controversial views on the matter during a sermon at the White’s Ferry Road Church in West Monroe, Louisiana, on September 14, according to CNS News.

'Biblically correct sex is safe,' the 68-year-old said.

'It’s safe. You’re not going to get chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, AIDS – if you, if a man marries a woman, and neither of you have it, and you keep your sex between the two of you, you’re not going to get ever sexually transmitted diseases.'

He added: 'And the masters of exceptions will always say, "But what about a blood transfusion you might get …" – I’ll give you that. But you say, is it rare? It’s very, very rare.'

Mr Robertson began the sermon by criticizing political correctness and stating his belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

'The Bible said one man, one woman: that’s what [God] made to begin with. For this reason, we have a male and a female. For that reason, those two can come together and be married. And when they marry, what God has joined together, let man not separate.'

He continued: 'Man marries a woman. They can procreate, fill the Earth with offspring – they need to stay together just like that. You know what those two will never have? They will never have a sexually transmitted disease. You know why? They keep their sex between the two of them. They can’t catch a sexually transmitted disease.'

He then questioned why there are 'so many terrible, debilitating diseases' in the world, blaming those who follow 'orthodox liberal opinion.'

'Just breed anything and anybody. Just have at it. Go for it. Don’t be bridled and shackled and live a life of restraint before God Almighty. Don’t do that,' he told the crowd.

Mr Robertson made similar comments during a Christian radio show interview in early September, saying that AIDS was God's 'penalty' for 'immoral' gay conduct.

The Duck Dynasty star was briefly suspended from the A&E show last year after likening homosexuality to bestiality in a GQ interview.

Read more: Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson claims 'you can't get STDs from biblically correct sex' | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I think "Biblically correct sex" may be my new favorite term.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I'm a lapsed Catholic so my bible knowledge may be a bit rusty but if the sex from the bible is correct then incest is cool. Sarah and Abraham, Cain and his sister, Lot and his daughters, Amnon and Thamar........

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

'Just breed anything and anybody. Just have at it. Go for it.'
    Looks like someone already has, and produced this vile man.
    PecanPie and Janus like this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

"Biblically correct sex" lol

faithanne likes this.

^Lol at Kath & Kim back in the day. I'm glad Gina Riley stopped bursting into song every 2 seconds, it made me hate her for a while.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

It’s safe. You’re not going to get chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, AIDS – if you, if a man marries a woman, and neither of you have it, and you keep your sex between the two of you, you’re not going to get ever sexually transmitted diseases.
    If a man marries a man or a woman marries a woman and none of them have an STD and they stay monogamous, guess what? THEY WON'T EVER GET STD'S EITHER!

OMG!! WHAT A REVELATION!!!

*sigh*

I want to punch him in his biblically-correct mouth.
    KrisNine, deenz and Honeythorn like this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm a lapsed Catholic so my bible knowledge may be a bit rusty but if the sex from the bible is correct then incest is cool. Sarah and Abraham, Cain and his sister, Lot and his daughters, Amnon and Thamar........
    Right, and if you can't have a child with your wife, the servants are fair game (Abraham again)
    ETA--Abraham amongst many others
    Kittylady likes this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information