Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 206
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gave one of the most offensive interviews ever to GQ

  1. #181
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    I have known men like that. I have also known their wives. They will smile in public but will slow roast him at home. After he gets seared on all sides first.
    Lobelia likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  2. #182
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    Oh well then its fine.

    Its OK if hubby is a bigot, a misogynist and cheats on you. Just as long as you can give him some lip at home.

    Of course, don't do it in public. A woman must know her place.
    Anoia likes this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  3. #183
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Oh well then its fine.

    Its OK if hubby is a bigot, a misogynist and cheats on you. Just as long as you can give him some lip at home.

    Of course, don't do it in public. A woman must know her place.
    Hell,no! Why get into it in public? No way. Why look as trashy as he does? They already have him by the balls and his heart and mind are gonna follow. You can't stop a man or anyone from making an ass of themselves in public.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  4. #184
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    You can however, run away from an ass as fast as your little legs can carry you.

    If a man is this much of an ass in public, he's just an ass, period.

    His wife must be as well, to have stayed with this bigoted fool.
    Callalily likes this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  5. #185
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    You can however, run away from an ass as fast as your little legs can carry you.

    If a man is this much of an ass in public, he's just an ass, period.

    His wife must be as well, to have stayed with this bigoted fool.
    True,but she may be having too much fun making him suffer.
    Anoia likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  6. #186
    Elite Member Flygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Fox's All-American New Year's Eve, hosted by Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Bill Hemmer
    Sounds like a fucking blast! I know what I'm doing tonight......Hell's yeah!!!
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

  7. #187
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I'm all for freedom of speech and expressing your opinions, but doesn't a time come when your just better off shuting up??? I mean, he has already dealt with a shit storm from his earlier remarks, wouldn't it suit him better just to be quiet for awhile? Live your life how you wish, but just quit talking about it in the press right now and give it a rest.
    There is a certain female country singer I wish you'd mention this wisdom to...
    Flygirl likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  8. #188
    Elite Member AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wonderstruck
    Posts
    6,947

    Default

    He's on a free speech spree! Is the $64 000 question is "What will Phil say next?"

  9. #189
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    I believe in free speech and all of that, but if I openly said, what I really wanted to say, I'm pretty sure I would be banned from life.

    This rant, isn't even about Phil, it is about my step-brother and his wife. They are born again Christians, that are raging assholes. They go on and on about that stupid verse in the bible about gay people. They say really mean, and judgemental, and OLD TESTAMENT bullshit. When I bust out the NEW testament bible verse that pretty much says "judge not, lest ye be judged", the bible means nothing. IMO, if you believe in the bible, then you have to believe in BOTH new and old testaments.

    Then, that gets into the fundamental argument. I was raised as a Christian of sorts. I was taught that God loves all, and God forgives all. There isn't some sidenote in the bible that says *1 "except gays". Even if you get into the can't get into heaven without being baptized argument, I'm pretty sure a lot of gay people have been baptized. Once again, nowhere in the bible does it say, that being gay, makes your baptismal null and void.

    To piss my stepbrother off, because his "gays are going to hell" bullshit pisses me off, I ask him about his tithing. That asshat, is doing all the wireless shit, for the NFL. Yet he can't vind the bible verse for tithing, need I say more.

  10. #190
    Elite Member shedevilang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    16,694

    Default

    I enjoy those kind of people so much, I have a friend who went through a spell of that and when she'd go off on a rant about anything I'd just look at her and say how was that ham sammich, how's that tat? Bitch learned real quick to not discuss religion with me. If you are going to spout old testament bullshit you best be willing to say you gave up life pretty much or I will call you on it lol.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

  11. #191
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I enjoy those kind of people so much, I have a friend who went through a spell of that and when she'd go off on a rant about anything I'd just look at her and say how was that ham sammich, how's that tat? Bitch learned real quick to not discuss religion with me. If you are going to spout old testament bullshit you best be willing to say you gave up life pretty much or I will call you on it lol.


    it's like Lewis Black says- Christian interpretations of the Old Testament are wrong. but it's not their fault, because it's not their book
    Lalasnake and Flygirl like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  12. #192
    Elite Member Flygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    This rant, isn't even about Phil, it is about my step-brother and his wife. They are born again Christians, that are raging assholes. They go on and on about that stupid verse in the bible about gay people. They say really mean, and judgemental, and OLD TESTAMENT bullshit.
    People like that amuse me, and not in a good way. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
    I hope your stepbrother is extremely careful after he blows his load
    16 “‘When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening. 17 Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed with water, and it will be unclean till evening.18 When a man has sexual relations with a woman and there is an emission of semen, both of them must bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. Leviticus 15: 16-18

    Not to mention his wife's menstrual habits. Hope she's current with her dove sacrifices....
    19 “‘When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.28 “‘When she is cleansed from her discharge, she must count off seven days, and after that she will be ceremonially clean.29 On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting

    What's so funny about these verses is that they are merely One chapter ahead of the one your stepbrother references. Funny what people choose to ignore, right?
    (if you're wondering how I knew all those verses, it's because we used to look up nasty Bible passages to amuse ourselves during church as kids)
    ManxMouse likes this.

  13. #193
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    24,078

    Default

    I guess it's really not that shocking to me to hear that this guy has the views that he does. I would have been more surprised to hear him say he's a pro-choice, marriage equality supporting, leftwing liberal I've never watched the show, mainly because I don't find hunting to be entertainment. Not my thing.

    He has the freedom to say what he wants, but sometimes that freedom has consequences. You say something narrow-minded and ignorant, people are going to judge you for it. That's just the way it is.
    ManxMouse, Mel1973 and Novice like this.

  14. #194
    Elite Member Bellatheball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    17,107

    Default

    If you've watched 10 minutes of the show, absolutely none of this should come as a surprise to you. It's a different culture. It's different mindset. He has every right to say what he thinks. As it has been said, that doesn't mean we need to agree with him. It's laughable to think he gives a crap about what anyone thinks of him though. That much is incredibly obvious after watching him for two minutes. Even though I don't agree with them, I applaud his ability to say what he thinks and not back down to the pressure to apologize.

  15. #195
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    What. the. Fuck. is. that.
    Gross. I hate this asshole, it's interesting how many are apologists for this shit. Like it's all right if he bags on the gays and the wimmin', 'cuz lots of ignorami think the same things, and let's just pretend we didn't hear the racist stuff. If I said any of this crap in a public forum, even if it's on "my time" I'd get shitcanned before I could get my foot in the office door. That ain't censorship, folks.
    it's pussy. if you have even a small group of "religious" folks on your facebook, you SEE who backs this guy. The "religious right" has made Phil their poster boy. The one thing I DO like about this guy is that he won't back down...
    Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I believe in free speech and all of that, but if I openly said, what I really wanted to say, I'm pretty sure I would be banned from life.

    This rant, isn't even about Phil, it is about my step-brother and his wife. They are born again Christians, that are raging assholes. They go on and on about that stupid verse in the bible about gay people. They say really mean, and judgemental, and OLD TESTAMENT bullshit. When I bust out the NEW testament bible verse that pretty much says "judge not, lest ye be judged", the bible means nothing. IMO, if you believe in the bible, then you have to believe in BOTH new and old testaments.

    Then, that gets into the fundamental argument. I was raised as a Christian of sorts. I was taught that God loves all, and God forgives all. There isn't some sidenote in the bible that says *1 "except gays". Even if you get into the can't get into heaven without being baptized argument, I'm pretty sure a lot of gay people have been baptized. Once again, nowhere in the bible does it say, that being gay, makes your baptismal null and void.

    To piss my stepbrother off, because his "gays are going to hell" bullshit pisses me off, I ask him about his tithing. That asshat, is doing all the wireless shit, for the NFL. Yet he can't vind the bible verse for tithing, need I say more.
    yeah, i kinda thought that was the cornerstone of religion/christianity. you know, that you CAN be forgiven and that God loves all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    People like that amuse me, and not in a good way. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
    I hope your stepbrother is extremely careful after he blows his load
    16 “‘When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening. 17 Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed with water, and it will be unclean till evening.18 When a man has sexual relations with a woman and there is an emission of semen, both of them must bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. Leviticus 15: 16-18

    Not to mention his wife's menstrual habits. Hope she's current with her dove sacrifices....
    19 “‘When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.28 “‘When she is cleansed from her discharge, she must count off seven days, and after that she will be ceremonially clean.29 On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting

    What's so funny about these verses is that they are merely One chapter ahead of the one your stepbrother references. Funny what people choose to ignore, right?
    (if you're wondering how I knew all those verses, it's because we used to look up nasty Bible passages to amuse ourselves during church as kids)
    i was becoming a little concerned...
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I guess it's really not that shocking to me to hear that this guy has the views that he does. I would have been more surprised to hear him say he's a pro-choice, marriage equality supporting, leftwing liberal I've never watched the show, mainly because I don't find hunting to be entertainment. Not my thing.

    He has the freedom to say what he wants, but sometimes that freedom has consequences. You say something narrow-minded and ignorant, people are going to judge you for it. That's just the way it is.
    exactly. i don't find it shocking because THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE LIKE THAT BELIEVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    If you've watched 10 minutes of the show, absolutely none of this should come as a surprise to you. It's a different culture. It's different mindset. He has every right to say what he thinks. As it has been said, that doesn't mean we need to agree with him. It's laughable to think he gives a crap about what anyone thinks of him though. That much is incredibly obvious after watching him for two minutes. Even though I don't agree with them, I applaud his ability to say what he thinks and not back down to the pressure to apologize.
    100% agree. I tend to be a "live and let live" kind of person. I have Christian friends and I have Atheist friends. I have gay, straight, bi - whatever, nobody's sex life is my business. I don't knock any of them for what they feel or believe. I know what I believe and feel and somehow, someway I've managed to have respect for all races, religions and sexual orientation. Whatever Phil - or anyone else for that matter - says changes NOTHING for me... but I can laugh!
    shedevilang and Charmed Hour like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Duck Dynasty on A&E!
    By mistify in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: September 18th, 2013, 09:20 PM
  2. Dynasty Actor Christopher Cazenove dies age 64
    By Kittylady in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2006, 10:56 AM
  4. Dynasty Reunion 5/2/06
    By Witchywoman in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •