Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gave one of the most offensive interviews ever to GQ

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Not surprised.

Until the next controversy...

Yeah, if they expect this man to keep his mouth shut, I'm sure they have another thing coming. Now every interviewer from here on out will be asking him about it too. I can see TMZ screaming questions at him now.
    shedevilang likes this.

Elite Member

Robertson's family refused to film without him, so the network caved. It's the #1 cable show; they didn't want to lose 13 million viewers (although I'm sure they've lose some anyway).

I still say this shit was all planned and nothing more then a publicity stunt and both parties were involved
    Just Kill Me, llamamama and *DIVA! like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I truly don't believe Phil Robertson plays anyone's games.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

We got a new Bass Pro Shop around here recently and I went there to do a little Christmas shopping. The DD stuff was all over the place, in prominent displays. Seemed to be selling just fine. Any loss in sales from people who don't like Phil's comments would be more than made up for by people standing up for him and fighting the "attack on Christianity." Suspecting a setup is not too far fetched, imo. The timing sure did spark some pre-Christmas interest. Maybe Phil wasn't in on it but who knows.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

While I may not agree with Phil's opinions, ideas, thoughts - I do find it somewhat refreshing to NOT be offered the non-apology. I was not surprised to hear that A&E had backed down on this. The man is not politically correct, but he does stand by his beliefs... suck it, Jesse Jackson!
    firebrat1229 and Froogy like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I truly don't believe Phil Robertson plays anyone's games.
    Phil could be the mastermind behind the game, the old fucker got his message out and got paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    While I may not agree with Phil's opinions, ideas, thoughts - I do find it somewhat refreshing to NOT be offered the non-apology. I was not surprised to hear that A&E had backed down on this. The man is not politically correct, but he does stand by his beliefs... suck it, Jesse Jackson!
    I like that he didn't backpeddle too, he has just as much right to his dumbass ideas and opinions as the rest of us. So long as he isn't acting on his opinions I got no problem with him but for gods sake I wish men around here would start shaving I hate the damn beard shit

You know, I thought that I hadn't bought anything DD/Duck Commander related.. last night, shaving my legs, cut my ankle, grab a band aid and there's Willie saying "if you're too busy to go duck hunting, you're too busy" on a camo band aid! I've gotta stop letting the kids put stuff in the buggy!
    shedevilang, Novice and Flygirl like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

I haven't and I quit the show because it got boring

yeah. to be honest, this fervor over Phil has brought A LOT more attention back to the show. we stopped watching too... it was a novelty that was good for one season... you watched a little of the second and were bored and moved on. Now, you have these right wing religious nutjobs who thinks they've been supressed by the media and pc assholes... gawd!
    shedevilang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

I tho I saw 3 episodes... It's syndicated in the UK mind so the publicity will have helped its figures here.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    i judge people all the time for what they say or think. isn't that an everyday part of life? a part of how we make friends, or decide whom to associate with or not?

i believe that people have the right to free speech, but i reserve the right to think they're assholes.
    I reserve the right to call them assholes too. Free speech and all...
    faithanne likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

Phil Robertson Tells Men to Marry Underage Girls in Newly Unearthed Video

Phil Robertson has been reinstated by A&E after a brief suspension for making anti-gay remarks, but the Duck Dynasty patriarch is caught up in a new controversy thanks to a video in which he advises men to marry girls as young as 15.

The footage, which surfaced Monday on YouTube, is said to be from a 2009 Georgia Sportsmen's Ministry event. In it, Robertson offers what he calls "river rat counseling," and warns men not to marry girls who are out of their teens.

"Look, you wait 'til they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket," he says. "You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course."

That last remark refers to the parental consent required in many states for a girl to marry before she is 18. (Some states forbid anyone underage to marry at all.)

Among Robertson's other dating advice: "Make sure that she can cook a meal" and "make sure she carries her Bible. That'll save you a lot of trouble down the road."

Robertson, 67, made similar remarks in his book Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander, published earlier this year. In that book, he revealed that he married his wife, Kay, when she was 15.

"Miss Kay was the perfect woman for me," he wrote. "I was sixteen and she was fifteen when we were married. Nowadays some people might frown on people getting married that young, but I knew that if you married a woman when she was fifteen, she would pluck your ducks. If you waited until she was twenty, she would only pick your pockets."

He added: "Now, that's a joke, and a lot of people seem to laugh at it, but there is a certain amount of truth in it."

Meanwhile, Phil's son Willie Robertson will speak about his father in a special appearance Tuesday night on Fox News Channel’s New Year special.

Willie and his wife, Korie, will be guests on Fox's All-American New Year's Eve, hosted by Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Bill Hemmer beginning at 9 p.m. ET, the Associated Press reports.

Phil Robertson Tells Men to Marry Underage Girls in Newly Unearthed Video - Duck Dynasty, Phil Robertson : People.com

video at the link
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm all for freedom of speech and expressing your opinions, but doesn't a time come when your just better off shuting up??? I mean, he has already dealt with a shit storm from his earlier remarks, wouldn't it suit him better just to be quiet for awhile? Live your life how you wish, but just quit talking about it in the press right now and give it a rest.

Thread Information