Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gave one of the most offensive interviews ever to GQ

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yeah, because he totally doesn't vote! Nor do any of the people that love this show so much and feel further validated in their antiquated views by this nonsense. As I like to say about teh gays, they're not hurting anyone! Wink wink!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I don't know if he votes or who he votes for, if he votes against gay marriage then I'll judge him for it. Right now we just know what he says, not what he does.
    Last edited by Brah; December 25th, 2013 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Yeah, because he totally doesn't vote! Nor do any of the people that love this show so much and feel further validated in their antiquated views by this nonsense. As I like to say about teh gays, they're not hurting anyone! Wink wink!
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you actually read the entire article. If so, you'd know how he votes.

This line of thinking always ticks me off (sorry to point out your post specifically but you illustrate it perfectly). People vote for a huge variety of reasons. A person who votes based entirely on one social issue (1) has that absolute right and (2) completely misses the point.

yeah, he voted for McCain... because McCain is (NOT) from Salt Lake City... or am I confusing my locales?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I don't know if he votes or who he votes for, if he votes against gay marriage then I'll judge him for it. Right now we just know what he says, not what he does.
    i judge people all the time for what they say or think. isn't that an everyday part of life? a part of how we make friends, or decide whom to associate with or not?

i believe that people have the right to free speech, but i reserve the right to think they're assholes.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    yeah, he voted for McCain... because McCain is (NOT) from Salt Lake City... or am I confusing my locales?
    I thought he voted for Romney because he thought he was from Salt Lake City.

same difference. one of those fucking morons.

ETA:
    Phil On Why He Voted Romney in 2012
    “If I’m lost at three o’clock in a major metropolitan area...I ask myself: Where would I rather be trying to walk with my wife and children? One of the guys who’s running for president is out of Chicago, Illinois, and the other one is from Salt Lake City, Utah. [Editor’s note: Romney is from Boston, not Salt Lake City.] Where would I rather be turned around at three o’clock in the morning? I opted for Salt Lake City. I think it would be safer.”
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Elite Member

same difference. one of those fucking morons.

ETA:
    Phil On Why He Voted Romney in 2012
    “If I’m lost at three o’clock in a major metropolitan area...I ask myself: Where would I rather be trying to walk with my wife and children? One of the guys who’s running for president is out of Chicago, Illinois, and the other one is from Salt Lake City, Utah. [Editor’s note: Romney is from Boston, not Salt Lake City.] Where would I rather be turned around at three o’clock in the morning? I opted for Salt Lake City. I think it would be safer.”
    ...and where a person is from has what to do with the ability to be president? Well, I guess people have voted for a person for a lot stupider reasons. Most people just don't tell their reasons to a major publication. There are so many people out there who think like this guy, they simply don't have the public forum to tell everyone.

My late MIL only voted for bible-thumping candidates. If they did not seem religious enough, she would immediately scratch them off her list. But even that (in context) makes more sense than voting based on whose place of residence is safer to walk at night. That is just ridiculously stupid.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Chicago Tribune
    Jesse Jackson Sr. responds to 'Duck Dynasty' star's comments
    Email

Facebook
    Twitter

CHICAGO TRIBUNE PHOTO, LEFT, AND A&E PHOTO

Jesse Jackson Sr., left, and Phil Robertson

ADVERTISEMENT
    Related Content
    Dad's view of gays jeopardize millions of 'Duck Dynasty's bills
    Photos: The Robertson family of 'Duck Dynasty'
    Photos: 'Duck Dynasty' family through the years
    'Duck Dynasty' merchandise
    Cracker Barrel puts 'Duck Dynasty' products back on shelves after outcry
    'Duck Dynasty' star used anti-gay comments in 2010 speech
    By Wes Venteicher, Tribune reporter
    December 25, 2013
    Jesse Jackson Sr. has jumped into the controversy surrounding comments by Phil Robertson, star of A&E’s backwoods reality TV show, “Duck Dynasty.”

In an announcement sent out Tuesday, Jackson Sr. compared Robertson’s recent comments about African-Americans, gay people and women to comments made by the driver of Rosa Parks’ bus.

"At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law,” he said in the release. “Robertson's statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’”

Jackson’s human rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, has demanded meetings with A&E and with Cracker Barrel regarding the two companies’ treatment of Robertson, who stars in the show as the head of a Louisiana family that makes duck calls.

Jackson’s group, along with LGBT group GLAAD and the National Organization for Women, urged A&E to keep Robertson on an indefinite hiatus from the show, which the network started following Robertson’s comments criticizing homosexuality in an interview with GQ magazine.

Cracker Barrel removed Duck Dynasty items from its shelves and then put them back Sunday after customers protested, according to a Cracker Barrel news release.

“We respect all individuals’ right to express their beliefs,” the Tennessee-based company’s release states. “We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.”

Jackson Sr. and the leaders of the other groups are demanding a sit-down meeting with Cracker Barrel and A&E in the next couple of days.

“It is unacceptable that a personality who has been given such a large platform would benefit from racist and anti-gay comments,” the group leaders state in the release.

wjventeicher@tribune.com
    Twitter @wesventeicher

I'm not sure who I think is more ignorant, Phil or Jesse?

Jesse, duh!
    laynes and Laurent like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Jesse, duh!
    Of course. Momentary lapse of judgement. Jesse's ass is truly crazy.

does jesse think we've all forgotten about hymietown?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    i judge people all the time for what they say or think. isn't that an everyday part of life? a part of how we make friends, or decide whom to associate with or not?

i believe that people have the right to free speech, but i reserve the right to think they're assholes.
    Yeah, of course, and I forgot the part saying he did vote so what I said was pointless anyway.

Elite Member

Well, his suspension is over. A & E got to slap his hand, look like they were appalled at what he said, but the suspension had absolutely no impact on their bottom line because they weren't taping during the suspension, and all the shows in the can already had him in it.

Guess we can move on to something else now

Thread Information