Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil and his rapey tweet

A*O

Twitter is the only valid method of communication now.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

He wasn't *actually* trying to take a poll? Surely not, I hope. I just assumed it was some lame attempt at being "twitter relevant"

Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    Neither do I. Young kids don't really realize that a drunk female cannot legally consent to sex. If a teen boy is drunk and she is also drunk the boy often thinks it's ok if she says yes. This is why date rapes are so common. But of course people love to get frenzied and froth at the mouth over a discussion instead of just having the dialogue. Oh well.
    Actually, there are very few men who commit date rapes, they know exactly what they're doing, and they do it over and over again. Here is an excellent summary of the findings: Meet the Predators The men admitted to having committed rapes, so long as they were not called rapes. Even so, they knew the women didn't consent, and they sought out women who were vulnerable and couldn't stop them. As long as we keep making these excuses they will continue to get away with this behavior. Tipsy is one thing, but predators know when their victims are too drunk to consent. They count on it.

I have never had drunk sex. Am I missing out? #liquoredupwhoresunite
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Only if you want to behave in a manner that you can have an excuse for the next day. But should that be the case, pretending to be drunk works just as well.

It's all fun and games until you don't shit right for a week.
    greysfang, rollo, Mel1973 and 1 others like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I don't think I've had sex with a new person unless drunk (or tipsy, or whatever). Let me go through the list and I'll confirm by Christmas.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Imagine losing your virginity without a little help from booze or drugs. Ouch!
    I was stone cold sober...

I want to know as well! I have a very fine line between drunk and asleep. I have a few beers, get the horn, pounce on the Bloke and then end up diagonal across the bed and snoring before he's even got his socks off. If he's to be believed he then spends the next half an hour trying to wake me up while I swat at him and mutter curses before he gives up and squeezes onto whatever part of the bed he can and goes to sleep cuddling me instead.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Dr. Phil is an idiot. This is the guy who paid a 'surprise' visit to Britney Spears when she was in hospital. Apparently he is full of surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I want to know as well! I have a very fine line between drunk and asleep. I have a few beers, get the horn, pounce on the Bloke and then end up diagonal across the bed and snoring before he's even got his socks off. If he's to be believed he then spends the next half an hour trying to wake me up while I swat at him and mutter curses before he gives up and squeezes onto whatever part of the bed he can and goes to sleep cuddling me instead.
    Awww! That's kind of sweet.

I can not even imagine following doktor Phil on Twitter. #Lame
    greysfang likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Okay but what if it's your spouse and she is just "pleasingly lit up"? I need to know soon because I just bought a six pack and the kids won't be home for a couple of hours. TIA!
    that's nice, but what will you be drinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    everyone knows you can't rape your spouse. have at it.
    der.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Give her an ambien and a glass of wine. She'll be all woo hoo! and won't remember a thing. Sadly, I know this to be true.
    *jots down useful information*

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    but not all women drink.

i feel terrible for those women.
    You should, they are totally missing out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Young people these days must be very different from when I was "young". But look at me - getting frenzied and frothing at the mouth - by pointing out how a discussion can't get off the ground when participants have different presumptive views of reality.

What qualifies as "drunk"? Can teenagers under the age of consent, consent? As FaithAnne pointed out, this goddamn discussion is not best started on Twitter - a forum of 120 character posts or less. The semantics can't reasonably be hammered out. It's stupid to use a tweet to "poll" about rape.
    this must be about non American teenagers because everyone knows teenagers aren't legally allowed to drink... therefore, it can never happen in the US...
    hellz yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    Only if you want to behave in a manner that you can have an excuse for the next day. But should that be the case, pretending to be drunk works just as well.

It's all fun and games until you don't shit right for a week.
    OMG, that reminds me of a story one of my bartender gfs told me ....
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Dr. Phil is an idiot. This is the guy who paid a 'surprise' visit to Britney Spears when she was in hospital. Apparently he is full of surprises.
    surprises = shit, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I can not even imagine following doktor Phil on Twitter. #Lame
    I blame Oprah for this shit.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I blame Oprah for this shit.
    this to the eleventy, vouch and all that shitz
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I recall an article about him -- think it was in Vanity Fair, but can't find it. His first wife was interviewed, and there were allegations that he lost his license due to an inappropriate relationship with a patient, but I don't know if that assertion was legit.

It's legit. His Texas license says "Retired" (Should have said "Revoked". because they yanked his shit big time). I'm a medical staff coordinator and it's my job to check the backgrounds of the physicians where I work, old timers every two years and newbies coming on staff. So I have access to the stuff the general public can't see. And his ass got hemmed up! He hired a former patient to work in his practice and had an inappropriate relationship with her. And that's just the public shit I can tell ya'll. He should have been disciplined here in CA when he paid Britney a visit, because technically he was practicing here without a valid license. I'm sure he told the staff where she was at that he was just here for support. But in reality, I believe he was there to counsel her. I hate his ass and I only watch his show where there is something super juicy. I can only tolerate watching his condescending ass in small doses.
    rollo, sprynkles, Belt Up and 2 others like this.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

^ He got onto the seventh floor of the hospital without an appointment. It was disgraceful.

Gold Member

I would assume the whole idea would be if the girl was drunk and the guy wasn't. Because if the're both drunk, then it's a totally different story.

I myself do not drink. Nor have I ever been drunk.

I find drunk women to be a turn off and would never have sex with one.

It seems too much like rape to me.....That and there is a chance she gets upset with her decision afterwards and says she was raped because she was embarrsed that she had sex with an ugly guy.

No thank you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information