Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dolly Parton didn't sleep her way to the top

The family were so poor that as a treat, Parton’s mum would make ‘snow cream’. ‘We couldn’t afford sweets,’ she says. ‘In the winter my mama had some sugar stashed away, and she would mix it with a little vanilla flavouring and snow.’

Ooh, my grandma used to make this for us.

Also, I'm impressed that Jack White picked up her tab at a restaurant.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I love Dolly too, and I wish she'd have left her face alone. She looks like a completely different person to me.
    Dolly Parton and Porter Waggoner: Circa early 70s

Lord, this takes me back. They would do this advertisement for "Breeze" laundry detergent and for every box of Breeze you bought, there was a kitchen cup towel in it. Dolly's tagline was: "You can't buy 'em! You can only get 'em in boxes of Breeze!"
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I don't get why people don't understand her husband. As she says, he likes his privacy and to sit on his butt at home or tinkering with his trucks while she brings home the bacon. I bet he's a relief from her showbiz life. Not everyone wants to be famous.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

'I think gay couples should be allowed to marry. They should suffer just like us heterosexuals.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Elite Member

Dolly is one of those few celebrities who can do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know that much about her, but the more I find out, the more I love her. It's usually the other way around with me.
    Just Kill Me and rollo like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

^ Exactly. That was such a sweet interview.

We vacationed in Pigeon Forge/Dollywood several years ago. It was a great place to take kids.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I don't get why people don't understand her husband. As she says, he likes his privacy and to sit on his butt at home or tinkering with his trucks while she brings home the bacon. I bet he's a relief from her showbiz life. Not everyone wants to be famous.
    I completely understand a guy like this. He's just an old country boy.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ He looks like he was a real cutie back in the day too. Thanks for posting all the pics, Kathie!
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I love Dolly's story about being a teenager and seeing an attractive, made-up woman in a tight dress walk across the street in her home town. Someone hissed that the woman looked like trash, and Dolly's response was something like, "Oh. Well then I guess I want to look like trash." *shrug*
    sluce and gas_chick like this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

That's my favorite story too Lola. She's just an awesome lady.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Ok. I had just told a friend that there really are no celebs that I would like to meet and here I am reminded about Dolly Parton. Know I have to go back and tell her that it would be awesome to meet Dolly. I would love to take a peek and see her and Carl just spending a day together. I bet she doesn't put on a wig or makeup and just really chills. Good on you, Dolly!

Elite Member

I have always liked her.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Dolly Parton's breasts and arms 'secretly covered in tattoos' | Mail Online

Coat Of Many Colors? Dolly Parton's breasts and arms are 'secretly covered in tattoos'

By Iona Kirby
    Published: 18:47 EST, 9 May 2014 | Updated: 06:12 EST, 10 May 2014

She may be an open book in her smash hit country songs, but Dolly Parton likes to keep some things quite literally close to her chest.

The singer apparently has many secret tattoos, all over her breasts and arms.

While she has tried to keep the inkings under wraps, Dolly has unintentionally revealed a couple of them in the past.

Secret body art: Dolly Parton apparently has tattoos all over her breasts and arms. She appeared to show off a rose tattoo in 2012 (pictured), but then implied the images had been Photoshopped

A photo of Dolly in 2006 at a 9 to 5 25th Anniversary Special Edition DVD Launch Party shows a huge, colourful butterfly on her left arm underneath her sheer shirt.

Then, in a very low-cut dress at the premiere of her 2012 movie Joyful Noise, what appeared to be a rose tattoo was seen in Dolly’s cleavage.

But the 68-year-old implied that the flower design had been Photoshopped when she appeared on Anderson Cooper’s talk show afterwards.

However when he asked if she does have any body art, Dolly said: ‘I might. But I'm not going to show 'em 'til they catch me at it.’

Colourful: The country singer unintentionally revealed a butterfly design on her left arm in 2006

Both Roseanne and Jennifer Saunders have talked about the time they ran into the megastar and she revealed her many tattoos to them.

Jennifer told the story in 2013 and put it in her autobiography, but wrote that Dolly had asked them not to divulge it to anyone – although it was Roseanne who let the cat out of the bag first.

Jennifer said that Dolly had opened her top and showed them her breasts, which she recalled are covered in ‘the most beautiful angels and beautiful butterflies and baskets of flowers in pastel-coloured tattoos.’

In 2011, Roseanne told Craig Ferguson while appearing on his show: ‘Do you know who's totally tattooed? I shouldn't even tell this. Dolly Parton is totally tattooed.

Covered up: Dolly, who is pictured at Dollywood in Pigen Forge, Tennessee last week, always keeps her skin under wraps

‘She showed me. She's got all these awesome tattoos all over her body—no black or blue lines, all like, pastel gorgeous bows all over everything.’

Dolly also accidentally revealed one of her tattoos on her arm in 1996, when she appeared on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno in an off-the-shoulder top.

The rumoured impressive collection of ink (which it has been suggested she got on her breasts to hide surgery scars) would explain why the Jolene hit-maker always covers up her curvaceous figure.

She is never seen without long sleeves on, and even when she wears sheer tops, they have cuffs at the wrists and she appears to be sporting something underneath.

Coy: The 68-year-old, again pictured last week, has said she 'might' have tattoos, but won't 'show 'em 'til they catch me at it'

Dolly Parton's breasts and arms 'secretly covered in tattoos' | Mail Online

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information