Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog the Bounty Hunter to return to tv

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Ok,discussing opinions is allowed,but calling someone an idiot is not.
    That is attacking a poster.
    Please refrain from name calling.
    I loves Mrs V

Dog seems like a nasty piece of work...I have heard stories of wife beating as well as the racist stuff.

I'd like to see Beth wallop him

I love yous all

Well,some anyways
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I love yous all

Well,some anyways
    Now, you're just being glib. Don't make me call Tom Cruise. He'll get you.

^
    I can handle him

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

^
    I can handle him

I wonder if Will Smith gave Tom that pearl necklace.

Default Right thinkin, liberal hypocrites try to put the genie back into the bottle?

Chapman immediately began a tour of forgiveness, working with CORE and other groups to promote racial equality. We're told network execs were "very pleased" with Dog's attempt to make amends and his reaching out to members of the African American community.

I have met many people out there that would never say the "N" word & they are the biggest racists around,but very sneaky about it
    A text book case of damage control? Actually I imagine the powers that be wanted to set a new precedent. Political correctness was threatening top swallow too many careers: Halle Berry (My jewish cousin), Rosie O Donnell (ching chong), Isaiah Washington (faggot)etc. Not just the careers of unpopular folk either: bible beating neocons like Mel Gibson, but right minded, liberal folk who, let's face it, aren't above a little schoolyard racism. So no one's career was safe. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but no one banked on a two edged sword. Oh why has politics become a cheap game? Why Hilary why?? Perhaps because right thinking liberal minded people are too worldly to be pure of heart.

EVERYONE is racist to a certain degree, it is called being human. I think using the ni**er word speaks volumes about his lack of class,
    That's the problem with contemporary liberalism: it's just a matter of image. White, college educated, middle class liberals - who probably feel the same way themselves - jumped on Dog for 'not being smart enough to know how to come off looking good'.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; February 20th, 2008 at 02:56 AM.

And while I wish a lot of black people wouldn't use the word, it's no different than whites, asians, hispanics, gays, etc that internalize the slurs that are used against them and refer to each other by those slurs. But when somebody that's not of that group uses the slur it takes on an entirely different meaning.
    I will have to disagree with that. We never call ourselves any derogatory
    word like african americans call themselves with that "n" word.
    people call us things,but i never heard one latino call another a "w*****k"
    in casual conversation.The "N" word started as something ugly and
    for some reason it morphed into a light-hearted
    version of the word "dude".
    plus,
    my perception of the guy(dog) is that of a "redneck-type"
    so it is not a big surprise he said it.
    the fact that he is going to be back on is due to one thing,and that is the power of the color "green".
    the only color that counts in the end.
    Last edited by latinaforever; February 20th, 2008 at 03:55 AM.
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Quote Originally Posted by latinaforever View Post
    in casual conversation.That word started as something ugly and
    plus,
    the fact that he is going to be back on is due to one thing,and that is the power of the color "green".
    I have to disagree, because I have heard hispanics call each other racial slurs. Maybe you haven't heard any, but I know I have.

I have to disagree, because I have heard hispanics call each other racial slurs. Maybe you haven't heard any, but I know I have.
    misguided fools
    but that "N" word gets tossed around quite easily.
    people have short term memory when it comes to history.
    they think that because it happened years ago it is no longer relevant
    and its meaning does not have the sting it used to have.
    Last edited by latinaforever; February 20th, 2008 at 04:23 AM.
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Racist skank.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

White people don't seem to call each other derogatory racially charged words.

^ I laugh when people call me derogatory racially charged words, or any other words for that matter.
    It's just words, they aren't going to kill you and they aren't going to keep me up at night.
    I guess I am just thick skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Maybe we should but it wouldn't be as morally reprehensible as the N word. Just saying...
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    Well, I will be watching DOG,I love that show. EVERYONE is racist to a certain degree, it is called being human. I think using the ni**er word speaks volumes about his lack of class, but that was evident in any episode that I have watched. I think the difference about DOG is he has acknowledged his mistake & he is not out there committing hate crimes against AfricanAmericans ( I hope). I have met many people out there that would never say the "N" word & they are the biggest racists around,but very sneaky about it.
    Racism=being human? If being a homo sapien is a free pass for deplorable behavior, hand some to all the pedophiles, murderers, rapists, and wife beaters. You can't blame this on being a human. Humans have the ability to learn, if they so choose. Obviously, people like this piece of trash prefer to be ignorant, ignorance being the base element for episodes such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravindirt View Post
    When he said it he was having a private conversation with his son, he didn't gather an audience and say "Lookie here all you N****S!!" So for him to be strung up and hung out to dry is wrong. For one word to ruin his career and condemn him for life is sickening.
    What if everything you said in one very heated, emotional argument was replayed for the world to dissect and out there for every over sensitive idiot to get butt hurt over?
    And yeah, the whole black people can say it but white people cant, what the fuck ever, if the black race wants that OMG HORRIBLE word to die, then hey maybe THEY should STOP using it and GLORIFYING it. Until then they are hypocrites, and while I live in America I'll say what I please, as often as I please, and if ya don't like it too damn bad.
    It is his right to say it, he didn't say it to offend anybody but one person, why everybody else thinks they can have a go at him because of it is totally beyond me.
    I like the argument, "They say it, so why can't I?" When it comes from anyone's mouth, it sounds disgusting. Besides, the feeling behind the word and the intentional interpretation mean much more than the string of letters used to create the word.

Dog focused all this anger on a person due to her skin color. This was pure HATE. Why didn't he call his son nasty names? He hated someone, and called her racist names behind her back, which makes him a cowardly bitch. He didn't want anyone to know he disrespected a woman or a minority in such a way, meaning he knew what he was doing was wrong.

If he is a racist, he should have the balls to admit it and stop assuming everyone is stupid enough to believe his croc tears.

Quote Originally Posted by latinaforever View Post
    in casual conversation.The "N" word started as something ugly and
    plus,
    Really? Latins never do that? That's really funny, because I have noticed different Latin groups have elitist tendencies. I stood and watched a fight between a cuban and a mexican. I thought I had heard all the latin slurs until these two proceeded to fight over...which "race" was "more white".

Latins are very racist interculturally. I lived in an area with a large hispanic population. I never figured out why puerto ricans hated mexicans, who hated the guatemalans, who hated the costa ricans. As I told the two aforementioned fools in the fight, when one of them asked me who was right," Who cares? Latin is latin. Go ask a card carrying member of the klan which one of you is white!"

Nope, Latins are not immune. There are racist ones and ones who hate members of their own race. Hell, Latins divide themselves based on skin color as well. I still want to know what the hell a "white" puerto rican is. Obviously proud of his culture ehh?

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Too much time was spent creating racial epithets for other races. Time ran out before the names could be created for the home team.

^
    *DISCLAIMER FOR SENSITIVE TYPES*
    I can't speak for all Latin people,but..

I can from my experiences,back this totally up.Cubans,Puerto Ricans,Mexicans,Nicaraguans,Hondurans,Columbians.. .it seems there's like a weird hierarchy system where some look more down on others.And exaggerating stereotypes of each other.But again,I can only speak of what I've seen growing up Cuban American.

And as to DOG,whether he should be fired,or boycotted is up to his bosses and the public choosing to watch or not.
    Saying that word either in public,private,joking or not by anyone is wrong,and breeds ignorance.IMO
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information