Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog the Bounty Hunter to return to tv

Quote Originally Posted by Cravindirt View Post
    Because the man said N***** he's a racist? Or because he said it and then apologized for offending someone who wasn't there he should be punished for it for the rest of his life?
    Forget all the good he's done, cuz dammit he called someone the N-word! but it's ok if a black person says it, yep, it's ok.
    That's a weak argument. If I or any other black person choose to say, if we don't choose to say it, then that is up to us. I wish NOBODY would use the N word, but usually when it comes from a non black person it is meant in a demeaning, and derogatory manor. However, don't tell me that it is ok for someone to say it because black people use it. He said it regarding the woman his son was dating, so yes he knew what he was saying, and what he meant by it. His apology was BS, he didn't want his son dating a black girl, and referred to her in the worse way!! I hate when people use well "they use it, why can't we" to defend someone calling a black person that name, knowing what the hell it means!! What good has he done, he is a glorified bounty hunter, that until he caught the Max Factor guy, was irrelevant!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i love his show and miss it very much.

Because the man said N***** he's a racist? Or because he said it and then apologized for offending someone who wasn't there he should be punished for it for the rest of his life?
    Forget all the good he's done, cuz dammit he called someone the N-word! but it's ok if a black person says it, yep, it's ok.
    Actually, when somebody calls a black person 'nigger' MULTIPLE times like Dog did, then yeah that tends to make them a racist. And his fake apology was just so he could save his own ass. But like I said in an earlier post, I don't think he should be fired for something he said off-air. But that still doesn't make him any less of a racist.

If you want to support him that's your right, but don't try to justify his racism by dismissing it or throwing out the 'oh black people say it, but it's okay' crap. Because you'd be singing a different tune if Dog were black and came out and started hurling slurs about someone white.

Well, I will be watching DOG,I love that show. EVERYONE is racist to a certain degree, it is called being human. I think using the ni**er word speaks volumes about his lack of class, but that was evident in any episode that I have watched. I think the difference about DOG is he has acknowledged his mistake & he is not out there committing hate crimes against AfricanAmericans ( I hope). I have met many people out there that would never say the "N" word & they are the biggest racists around,but very sneaky about it.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    Well, I will be watching DOG,I love that show. EVERYONE is racist to a certain degree, it is called being human. I think using the ni**er word speaks volumes about his lack of class, but that was evident in any episode that I have watched. I think the difference about DOG is he has acknowledged his mistake & he is not out there committing hate crimes against AfricanAmericans ( I hope). I have met many people out there that would never say the "N" word & they are the biggest racists around,but very sneaky about it.
    I'm sorry, but that's a bunch of crap. Not everybody is racist to a certain degree. As humans, we all harbor prejudices. But when you allow those prejudices to dictate how you view, or treat, other groups of people then that's what makes you a racist. Big difference.

And Dog using a racist slur isn't about a 'lack of class.' It's about him being a racist. Period. No amount of excuses is going to change that fact. And the fact that he's not out there committing hate crimes isn't something to applaud him for. And it's not like he said the word once, he said it multiple times when talking about his son's girlfriend. That DOES speak volumes. And somebody 'apologizing' to save their own ass, doesn't count for much.

Hit By Ban Bus!

When he said it he was having a private conversation with his son, he didn't gather an audience and say "Lookie here all you N****S!!" So for him to be strung up and hung out to dry is wrong. For one word to ruin his career and condemn him for life is sickening.
    What if everything you said in one very heated, emotional argument was replayed for the world to dissect and out there for every over sensitive idiot to get butt hurt over?
    And yeah, the whole black people can say it but white people cant, what the fuck ever, if the black race wants that OMG HORRIBLE word to die, then hey maybe THEY should STOP using it and GLORIFYING it. Until then they are hypocrites, and while I live in America I'll say what I please, as often as I please, and if ya don't like it too damn bad.
    It is his right to say it, he didn't say it to offend anybody but one person, why everybody else thinks they can have a go at him because of it is totally beyond me.

When he said it he was having a private conversation with his son, he didn't gather an audience and say "Lookie here all you N****S!!" So for him to be strung up and hung out to dry is wrong. For one word to ruin his career and condemn him for life is sickening.
    What if everything you said in one very heated, emotional argument was replayed for the world to dissect and out there for every over sensitive idiot to get butt hurt over?
    I agree with you. Like I already said, he shouldn't be fired for something he said in private.

And yeah, the whole black people can say it but white people cant, what the fuck ever, if the black race wants that OMG HORRIBLE word to die, then hey maybe THEY should STOP using it and GLORIFYING it. Until then they are hypocrites, and while I live in America I'll say what I please, as often as I please, and if ya don't like it too damn bad.
    It is his right to say it, he didn't say it to offend anybody but one person, why everybody else thinks they can have a go at him because of it is totally beyond me.
    Well, you want to know why it becomes a problem when white people say it. Since the word was created by white people as a slur against blacks, and whites had a free pass to use it from about the 1600's through the 1960's, that's where the problem comes from.

And every black person that uses the N-word could stop using it tomorrow and people like you would still continue to use it. And since you said you live in America you'll say what you please, I'll take that to mean that you regularly use the word.

And while I wish a lot of black people wouldn't use the word, it's no different than whites, asians, hispanics, gays, etc that internalize the slurs that are used against them and refer to each other by those slurs. But when somebody that's not of that group uses the slur it takes on an entirely different meaning.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Guess what buddy I don't use it.

But anybody who wants to is completely entitled to.

Guess what buddy I don't use it.

But anybody who wants to is completely entitled to.
    You don't 'use' the N-word, but you believe white people are 'entitled 'to use the slur, but you bitch that black people use it too much. Got it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Look you need to stop reading only what you want to with my comments.
    1. Assuming that because I said I live in America and will say what I please that I MUST use that word. Get this if I did then I would'nt use these cute little *** to spell it out, I know how the word is spelled. I just prefer not to use it, and it's not because I'm afraid of offending anybody. I mean that I can say ANY word I please and I will. If you don't like it TOO DAMN BAD and if it offends you maybe you should get a nice soundproof box and shut out the world because there is gonna be a lot more you don't agree with out here.

2. I NEVER said white people were entitled to use it. I said ANYBODY is! You quoted me twice, I thought you would catch it.

you can assume what you wish about me, but dont try to put words in my mouth.
    And you can go ahead with your assumption that I'm some big bad racist. Whatever makes you feel better.

Now, do you 'got it'?

well i just came in to say that I am NOT a racist and dont take kindly to being called one just cuz u may think that the entire world believes the same things.Racist= Human? No, never and i feel bad for u that thats what u believe..U arent born with racism its taught(by ignorant ppl)now just on topic: i never watched the show and wont start now
    this wasnt directed to the person going at it with King

Look you need to stop reading only what you want to with my comments.
    1. Assuming that because I said I live in America and will say what I please that I MUST use that word. Get this if I did then I would'nt use these cute little *** to spell it out, I know how the word is spelled. I just prefer not to use it, and it's not because I'm afraid of offending anybody. I mean that I can say ANY word I please and I will. If you don't like it TOO DAMN BAD and if it offends you maybe you should get a nice soundproof box and shut out the world because there is gonna be a lot more you don't agree with out here.

2. I NEVER said white people were entitled to use it. I said ANYBODY is! You quoted me twice, I thought you would catch it.

you can assume what you wish about me, but dont try to put words in my mouth.
    And you can go ahead with your assumption that I'm some big bad racist. Whatever makes you feel better.

Now, do you 'got it'?
    You can backpedal all you want, but I wasn't putting words in your mouth. What you're stating is pretty obvious.

1) You bitched and moaned that black people glorify the word, but then are hypocrites when we complain about other people using it.

2) You stated that YOU live in America and will say whatever YOU please, as often as you please, and anybody that has a problem with it too damn bad. Now since we're talking about the N-word, what else could you be talking about? And while we all have free speech in America, it doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want no matter how offensive it is to people. If that were the case, then Dog never would have gotten in trouble to begin with.

And don't lecture me about blocking out what I don't like to hear. I've been black for 36 years and have heard far worse than you could ever think of saying.

3) You said that people are entitled to use the word if they want. Now, what people were you talking about? Because you already bitched and moaned that black people use it too much. And NOBODY is entitled to use a racial slur of any kind. What kind of ass-backwards logic is that?

And it doesn't make me feel better to think you're a racist or not. I'm just going by what you're writing. So, to answer your question, yeah I still 'got' it. Thanks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

ok, but as I already said before, I'll say what I want so why would I feel the need to back pedal?
    You have fun, I don't really care to argue with some idiot who insists on twisting my words to suit their own needs. You've already made a judgement about me, have fun with it.

Ok,discussing opinions is allowed,but calling someone an idiot is not.
    That is attacking a poster.
    Please refrain from name calling.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

ok, but as I already said before, I'll say what I want so why would I feel the need to back pedal?
    You have fun, I don't really care to argue with some idiot who insists on twisting my words to suit their own needs. You've already made a judgement about me, have fun with it.
    An idiot? We disagree on something, you accuse me of twisting your words, and then you call me an 'idiot.' Yeah, my opinion about you was wrong alright.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Ok,discussing opinions is allowed,but calling someone an idiot is not.
    That is attacking a poster.
    Please refrain from name calling.
    Thanks for the back up, V.

But, hey, like she said, she'll say whatever she wants. She's special.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information