Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Documentary Accusing Michael Jackson of Sexually Abusing Boys to Premiere at Sundance

Yeah whatever. I've loved Dave Chappelle in the past. But he's wrong on this one.

Fuck him and anyone else making excuses for this predator.

Even that crazier-than-a-shithouse-rat Katt Williams knew what was up with this motherfucker MJ!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Chappelle was trying to make a topical news piece into a humor piece. And sometimes that's alright. This isn't. He sometimes seems to think he's the black George Carlin, but I would bet good money Carlin wouldn't have said that shit. Dave needs to take a seat.

Carlin would have said fuck MJ AND fuck the parents that let their kids go with him.
    Kittylady, Lalasnake and Sylkyn like this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Fuck Dave Chapelle so hard. I mean, I love him but that shit is too much. Way too much to joke about kid victims of sexual abuse. They were little kids. Poor Wade was only 7 when it started. Dunno what's the deal with Dave, maybe a personality disorder, fried his brain with drugs or he's just an asshole.
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Don’t put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Chappelle was trying to make a topical news piece into a humor piece. And sometimes that's alright. This isn't. He sometimes seems to think he's the black George Carlin, but I would bet good money Carlin wouldn't have said that shit. Dave needs to take a seat.
    It's not just for the sake of his job, or humor. Ever since he came back to standup a few years ago, I went to see him and right away he pissed me off with his attitude about Cosby. Totally misplaced anger, defensiveness combined with racial elements that he seems to think justifies horrible views--a big ol clusterfuck that essentially makes him part of the problem.

I've always loved Dave, one of my favorite comedians of all time. I love him because he is a provocateur, that's his schtick and he's brilliant at it. He is funny and makes me think. Perfect combo to me.

But yeah, he lost me on this one. I can handle saying outrageous things to make people think, even if it's "offensive," but try as I might, I couldn't see how his comments were thought provoking, ironic or funny. It was just some fed up dude defending a pedophile and shitting on the victims. You kinda broke my heart with that one, Dave.
    weathered1 likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Marlon Brando made Michael Jackson cry. The topic: sexuality

Michael Jackson, left, in 1992 and Marlon Brando in 1990.
    (Jackson photo by Richard Drew / Associated Press; Brando photo by Brenda Chase / Online USA/Getty Images)

By CHRISTIE D’ZURILLA STAFF WRITER

AUG. 29, 2019

Marlon Brando spoke voluntarily and candidly with prosecutors about Michael Jackson in 1994, back when the singer was being investigated on allegations of child molestation, a new podcast reveals in its final episode. In a sworn statement, the actor shared details of a dinner conversation he said he had with Jackson that touched on the singer’s relationship with his father as well as his sexuality.

The L.A. County district attorney’s office had gotten wind of a “special relationship” between the singer and the acting icon, who had a son, Miko, working as Jackson’s driver, according to the podcast “Telephone Stories: The Trials of Michael Jackson.”

Jackson supposedly was teaching Brando to dance, and Brando was teaching Jackson about acting. So prosecutors Bill Hodgman and Lauren Weis called the actor in to talk rather than put him in front of a grand jury.

Brandon Ogborn, one of the podcast’s creator-producers, got ahold of a transcript of the Brando interview, dated March 14, 1994, and verified its validity with Weis, who investigated Jackson during her 23 years as a prosecutor with the L.A. County district attorney and is now a judge.

“I was able to review it. It was quite something to view the document and hold it. It felt like it was a hot potato,” Ogborn said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with The Times. “It’s a much longer document than what we report on. ... It’s quite meandering, pretty loosey-goosey — he [Brando] probably would be canceled if he was around now.”

It’s a statement that’s important to the historic record, the podcaster said, and its contents will be revealed when the final “Telephone Stories” episode drops Sunday.

“Brando is different from everyone else who figures into the Jackson investigations,” Ogborn said. “He was a famous actor and rich beyond measure. Unlike other people who have ‘spoken out’ against Jackson, Brando didn’t want or need anything from the pop star, and he offers the D.A. insider information that never came to light.
    “He’s also a weirdo, like Michael Jackson. So he’s to me a weirdo who understands another weirdo in a weird world.”

In the episode, which The Times heard in advance, Ogborn reads Brando’s words from the sworn transcript. Brando, who died in 2004, told prosecutors about confronting Jackson during a dinner visit to Neverland Ranch.
    “We were talking about human emotions and where it all comes from. I could see from the way he behaved — he talked like that, and he speaks in a very peculiar way for a man who is as old as my oldest son, 35. And he didn’t want me to swear,” the actor said.

“I had asked him if he was a virgin and he sort of laughed and giggled, and he called me Brando,” the actor added. “He said, ‘Oh, Brando.’ I said, ‘Well, what do you do for sex?’ And he was acting fussy and embarrassed.”
    Brando said he had asked Jackson if he masturbated, then told prosecutors that the singer “lives in a completely different world.”

The “A Streetcar Named Desire” star also talked with Jackson about what motivates people. Jackson “didn’t hold real emotions,” Brando said, and that affected his ability to act.

“He said he hated his father and started to cry. So I pulled back. I started to tiptoe. I realized that he was in trouble with his life because he was living in a never-never land, and he couldn’t [swear], and for a 35-year-old man not to do that, being around people in show business, seemed very odd,” Brando said.

“And I said, ‘Well, who are your friends?’ He said, ‘I don’t know anybody my own age. I don’t like anybody my own age.’ I said, ‘Why not?’ He said, ‘I don’t know, I don’t know.’ He was crying hard enough that ... I tried to assuage him. I tried to help him all I could.”

Michael Jackson arrives at the Santa Barbara County Courthouse on May 25, 2005.
    (Aaron Lambert / Associated Press)

Brando told prosecutors he originally thought Jackson was gay but now believed it was “pretty reasonable to conclude that he may have had something to do with kids.”

Jackson, who died in 2009 and would have been 61 today, never publicly defined his sexuality. He was twice investigated on charges of child molestation. He was not charged the first time, but in 2005, he went to trial and was acquitted on all counts.

This is the first time the Brando material has been made public, Ogborn said, as the interview was not used in the singer’s trial.

The improv comedian-turned-podcaster said his pursuit of this Jackson story began after he met attorney Bert Fields, who represented Jackson during the 1993-94 investigation. The lawyer had come to see “TomKat,” a play Ogborn wrote and performed in, about the divorce of Tom Cruise (whom Fields had also represented) and Katie Holmes.

“I thought he was coming to serve me a subpoena or something,” Ogborn said, laughing.

Turns out Fields loved the play, which included mention of the Jackson situation, and they met backstage. That led to an interview, which in turn prompted Ogborn to do other interviews, and an audio docuseries resulted.

By the time the 13-part podcast series was done, Ogborn had talked to 23 people who were involved in the two investigations in some way, including attorney Thomas Mesereau, who represented Jackson in his 2005 trial.

Former Los Angeles Times writer Jim Newton, who covered the early-’90s Jackson investigation for the newspaper, edited the podcast series. The show’s other creator-producer, opera singer Omar Crook, banters with Ogborn in the podcast.

The final episode of “Telephone Stories,” produced by Ninth Planet Audio, drops Sunday on premium podcast platform Luminary. The first 12 episodes are already available.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...&ICID=ref_fark
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Elite Member

I get that MJ was messed up and grew up in an abusive household, but that does not excuse you being an abusive person
    I feel sorry for the child, but feel the man should have been stopped and held accountable.
    The same for the parents who knowingly and willingly subjected their children to MJ.

That's really sad. Growing up in that abusive family definitely fucked him up probably the worst of any of the kids.

Still doesn't excuse his behavior.
    Angeli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    DAVE CHAPPELLEMICHAEL JACKSON'S ACCUSERS ARE FULL OF BS ...Robson, Safechuck Respond

He also made jokes about that kid who had cancer that accused him. Maybe i don't get stand-up

^ I know a successful stand-up comedian that tours and has had a few TV appearances/ movie appearances. He's on the autism spectrum and uses that as a reason for his often inappropriate comments. I joked with him I should use being bipolar for not performing as great at my job as my coworkers. Stand-up requires a taste. I have a dry humour, so I can laugh at some stuff. But then again this is coming from someone that says "your mom" to any question my husband asks and I start laughing even before I finish saying it. I'll probably still say it even after she passes away.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information