Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Do they know itís time to stop band aid?

A*O

Good point. I've never understood how a moderately successful song (I Don't Like Mondays) 30+ years ago could have sustained his lavish rockstar lifestyle all these years.
    idunno likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Please oh please don't let them do a "behind the scenes" fluff piece about how they made the song, complete with these pretentious twats hugging and shit like they are old buddies for the sake of the camera. They did that for "We are the World" and it was so nauseating. Lionel Richie was the most obnoxious one in that.
    idunno likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Good point. I've never understood how a moderately successful song (I Don't Like Mondays) 30+ years ago could have sustained his lavish rockstar lifestyle all these years.
    Right, I Don't Like Mondays is the correct title.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post

Live Aid got him noticed as a shouty charity figurehead, which led to sitting on various boards and committees (which brings silly money for a few hours a week here and there) and then he moved into television by being a co-founder of Planet 24, the production company that put out things like The Word and The Big Breakfast, which was then sold on to Carlton TV (part of ITV) and Geldof and his co-founder set up another production company straight away.

Bob has done very well on the back of shouting at everyone else to hand over their money all those years ago.
    idunno, A*O, witchcurlgirl and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about his TV production stuff. I bet he rues the day Paula Yates interviewed/practically shagged Michael Hutchence on the Big Breakfast. The rest is history.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

He should pay his taxes. That would help some social programs. Charity begins at home.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information