Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: “Django Unchained” Actress Mistaken For Prostitute, Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post
    ^^the police can ask for your id without cause and they do that whenever they get good and ready.

I remember me and my 2 friends were driving down the street. Cop pulls us over. Doesn't tells us why. Demands id. They complied. I wouldn't. While they were running my friends' id, they pleaded with me to show them my id, cause if I didn't, they would take it out on them. So, I showed my id. They pulled my friends out the car. 2 more police showed up. They had them at the back of the car making all kinds of n-word jokes at them, trying to provoke. One officer sticks his head in the car window, talking about my 'brown sugar' and asking how big the other 2 were and if they were gang bangers, did they 'gang bang' me and how was it.' I was scared I thought the bastard would drag me off in the bushes, he was exciting himself with this trash talk. They wanted my friends to tap dance; said it would get them out of a ticket. 2 more cops showed up, we're on the side of the road, you'd think we robbed a damn bank.

After about 30 min. they let us go, no ticket, no warning, no nothing. What was our 'crime'? Going to the mall to see a movie and then going out to eat. No one had an appetite after that. When you are a minority, you see the worst side of these people on a daily basis. I've seen cops ignore troublemakers and pick on school kids, you complain it goes nowhere. Hell there's one notorious precinct around here they'll tear up complaints in front of your face and threaten to make your life hell if you go any further. The honest cops, they even make their lives hell. That gang of blue is something else.
    Jeezus Christ, this makes me sick just reading it.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

My jimmy was walking in our neighborhood and the popo stopped him for his ID. He's Irish. Black Irish to be fair. Unshaven, dark skin, construction boots...
    For real, this disgusts me. I just can't begin to understand it.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm confused how raunchy was the PDA that someone thought you were a prostitute and a John? Its California so I kinda don't buy the "I'm black and he's white reasoning!!" Maybe if it was Alabama
    Sleuth and South Lake like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this is beyond fucked up. i wish she would sue the motherfuckers.
    Ditto.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I'm confused how raunchy was the PDA that someone thought you were a prostitute and a John? Its California so I kinda don't buy the "I'm black and he's white reasoning!!" Maybe if it was Alabama
    there's some Alabama in every state.

True but I'm thinking it's more to this story
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

czb

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Hookers wear normal clothes. I saw them on the Hip Strip in Montego Bay.
    maybe we have a divergent definitions of normal. hookers on the street here do not wear normal clothes.

i still think this story doesn't make sense. i agree with what diva says upthread.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    My SO told me that he read that she was in a car, in a private parking lot, making out with her husband. The owner (I think) came out to tell them to knock it off and leave because employees were distracted. They didn't. Cops were called. She demanded to know what they wanted and why they were requesting her ID. They wouldn't tell her, so she wouldn't get out and show them ID. A second cop came a few minutes later and arrested her. I don't know where he read it. I've looked for a local article, but I can't find it.
    This story sounds close to what your SO read. Diva, here's the "more to the story":

‘Django Unchained’ Actress Detained By Police Following Public Display Of Affection

September 14, 2014 7:45 PM

STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — A black actress from the movie “Django Unchained” says she was approached by police following a public display of affection with her white boyfriend.

Daniele Watts and her boyfriend, Brian Lucas, believe they were targeted unfairly and suspect police assumed the actress was a prostitute and he, her client.

Lucas said, “He was asking me questions like: ‘Who is she?’ ‘How do you know her?’ ‘Are you together?'”

The two have been dating for the past year and a half.

The incident in the 11900 block of Ventura Boulevard happened last Thursday in Studio City.

In cellphone video captured by her boyfriend, Watts could be seen sobbing as she pleaded with police.

“I don’t have to feel ashamed for being who I am and that’s really where the tears were coming from,” Watts told CBS2/KCAL9’s Art Barron on Sunday.

The LAPD said in a statement Sunday that officers responded to the location around 3:01 p.m. following a radio call of “indecent exposure.”

The couple learned from officers that someone at a nearby office building had called in the report. Watts had just gotten out of an interview at CBS Studios’ Radford lot and was sitting in the Mercedes-Benz on her boyfriend’s lap.

“The citizen who called the police to complain told the 911 operator that a male and a female were involved in indecent exposure inside a Silver Mercedes with the vehicle door open,” the statement alleged.

When officers arrived, police said they located two people who matched the description of the subjects.

“So, I said, ‘Well, making out is not illegal,'” Lucas said. “And the cop was like, ‘Yeah, I know, but they’re being distracted.’ Well, it’s not really our problem that we’re showing public affection, but we stopped.”

“We stopped,” Watts said.

Lucas said he gave the officers his identification when asked, but Watts refused.

“I knew that the clearest thing for me to do was to own my right as a free person and say I haven’t done anything wrong and I know I’m not required to give you my ID,” she said.

Watts walked away and another officer down the street put her in handcuffs and into the back of a patrol car, according to Lucas. Once police identified Watts, Lucas says they let them go.

Watts also posted an account of the incident on her Facebook account. In the 446-word post, she says, “As I was sitting in the back of the police car, I remembered the countless times my father came home frustrated or humiliated by the cops when he had done nothing wrong.”

She continued, “I felt his shame, his anger, and my own feelings of frustration for existing in a world where I have allowed myself to believe that ‘authority figures’ could control my BEING… my ability to BE!”

California has no law requiring people to show police their identification when not driving, according to KCAL9 Legal Analyst Steve Meister. However, if the police have reasonable suspicion, they are permitted to detain an individual for a reasonable amount of time in order to ascertain the person’s identity.

In this case, officers said they were responding to a radio call of indecent exposure.

Watts said she has hired an attorney but has no plans at this time to file a lawsuit against the police department. She said she wanted to bring this incident to light because “it’s about bringing awareness to how we can see the humanity in each other? How can we see each other as equals?”

Meanwhile, police said an internal complaint investigation has since been initiated regarding the incident.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/...-of-affection/
    KrisNine likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post
    ^^the police can ask for your id without cause and they do that whenever they get good and ready.

I remember me and my 2 friends were driving down the street. Cop pulls us over. Doesn't tells us why. Demands id. They complied. I wouldn't. While they were running my friends' id, they pleaded with me to show them my id, cause if I didn't, they would take it out on them. So, I showed my id. They pulled my friends out the car. 2 more police showed up. They had them at the back of the car making all kinds of n-word jokes at them, trying to provoke. One officer sticks his head in the car window, talking about my 'brown sugar' and asking how big the other 2 were and if they were gang bangers, did they 'gang bang' me and how was it.' I was scared I thought the bastard would drag me off in the bushes, he was exciting himself with this trash talk. They wanted my friends to tap dance; said it would get them out of a ticket. 2 more cops showed up, we're on the side of the road, you'd think we robbed a damn bank.

After about 30 min. they let us go, no ticket, no warning, no nothing. What was our 'crime'? Going to the mall to see a movie and then going out to eat. No one had an appetite after that. When you are a minority, you see the worst side of these people on a daily basis. I've seen cops ignore troublemakers and pick on school kids, you complain it goes nowhere. Hell there's one notorious precinct around here they'll tear up complaints in front of your face and threaten to make your life hell if you go any further. The honest cops, they even make their lives hell. That gang of blue is something else.
    Calalily, that is just awful. And unfortunately, one of many stories people of color can tell about maltreatment by some police.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The advice to be polite and cooperative, no matter how tough it is, is something that should be remembered by everyone, regardless of race, age or gender because some police are dicks who will try and give shit to ANYONE they can. My other half - a white, fortysomething male, had a run in not so long back. He was 5 minutes from home and pulled in to the car park of a local beauty spot to send me a text saying that he'd be home shortly and did I want anything from the local shop. He'd barely come to a halt when a police car was on him and because he didn't jump fast enough for the copper's liking it turned into 20 minutes of having the car searched, being questioned as to why he had tissues on the passenger seat (he had a cold!), why he chose there to pull over instead of across the road (because it's full of nails and broken glass from people dumping junk), questions about why he wasn't the owner of the car (company vehicle) and so on. My other half was in no doubt that if he had been at all lippy he would have been hauled off and the car would have been impounded while it was all sorted out. He was stopped again a week later for a 'random vehicle check' when coming to pick me up from a late night at my best friends. He's fairly sure it was the same guy, although this time he stayed in the car and sent another officer to go do all the fuckery.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

When I first heard the story my first thought was 'this is so racist, they cannot do that' But hearing the audio, the cop didn't sound that bad or harassing , She went all Jeanne Poon 'Do you know who I am'. He was called there because someone said they had sex in the car and was doing his job.
    Sarzy and BelledeJour like this.

"I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

When I read "indecent exposure" I was thinking this might be where it was going. I'm also thinking she might live to regret making this incident public.
    Merlot-N-Bali and czb like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She carried on like a spoiled brat in the audio. She even called her father, put him on speakerphone and told the officers "My daddy wants to speak with you." Seriously?!
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information