Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Disney star Lee Thompson Young dead at 29

Ex-Disney Superstar
    Death Certificate Released
    Gunshot Wound To Head

Exclusive

Former Disney star Lee Thompson Young died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head ... this according to the actor's official death certificate obtained by TMZ.

We broke the story ... Young's body was discovered at his North Hollywood apartment on August 19th, after he failed to show up to the set of his TNT drama "Rizzoli and Isles."

According to the death certificate, Young used a handgun to take his own life.

Young -- who rocketed to stardom back in 1998 as the title character in the Disney show "The Famous Jett Jackson" -- didn't leave a suicide note.

Young's friends and family are still struggling to understand why the actor shot himself -- though some of his family members told law enforcement he suffered from "depression issues."

Young was 29.
    Read more: Disney Star Lee Thompson Young -- Death Certificate Released ... Gunshot Wound To Head | TMZ.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Lee Thompson Young Suffered From Bipolar Disorder Before Suicide, Coroner's Report Reveals (REPORT)

Posted: 10/09/2013 3:31 pm EDT | Updated: 10/09/2013 3:31 pm EDT

Lee Thompson Young, the star of such beloved shows as "The Famous Jett Jackson" and "Rizzoli & Isles," suffered from bipolar disorder and depression prior to his suicide two months ago, reveals a recently released coroner's report.
    Young was found dead in his apartment on Aug. 19 after taking his own life. According to the Los Angeles County Coroner's report obtained by the New York Daily News, the 29-year-old was taking medication for his disorder. Lithium capsules and Quetiapine Fumarate tablets were found in his apartment, and both were detected in his blood.
    The actor did not leave a suicide note behind. A witness quoted in the report told coroner's officials that Young did not make any suicide threats or attempts prior to taking his own life, and added she was unaware of any financial problems, NBC reports. E! News adds that the witness said Young was a social drinker who did not abuse narcotics.
    The coroner's report goes on to describe the weapon Young used as a 40 caliber Sig Sauer semi-automatic handgun registered to him.
    "Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed," Young's publicist told Us Weekly after his passing.

Source: Lee Thompson Young Suffered From Bipolar Disorder Before Suicide, Coroner's Report Reveals (REPORT)

poor kid.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Even if he reached out to people, I can see his depression/disorder being even more misunderstood because, on paper, he had everything. Why would someone so blessed be depressed? People who haven't experienced depression first-hand, either through their own struggles or a family/friend, or have a great empathy and emotional maturity, rarely understand how the disease can really knock you for six. Well, that's been my own experience, and I'm only 25 so it possibly has something to do with age too. Whenever I have had a low moment, people have asked me "why are you upset? What's wrong?" and when you have no true answer, just a general deep malaise, it's embarrassing. When you don't have a solid answer, like "I lost my job" or "I split up with my partner", you beat yourself up even more about how you feel because it's not "normal".

Went on a bit of a minifesto there, didn't mean to.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

don't worry. the 'festo made sense.
    levitt and Sunrider like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Crap! I never put the name together with the guy in R&I then I just saw this...
    Lee Thompson Young - Most Famous Deaths of 2013

Most Famous Deaths of 2013

Copyright: Pipoca Moderna

29 4 G+0
    Lee Thompson Young Slide 14 of 16

Lee Thompson Young rose to fame as a teen on the Disney show The Famous Jett Jackson. He was starring in the popular show Rizzoli & Isles when he sadly took his own life on August 19th at the young age of 29. It was then revealed that he suffered from bipolar disorder and depression.

- See more at: Lee Thompson Young - Most Famous Deaths of 2013

He was a good looking young man,....very sad.
    BITTER likes this.

He was JadeStar.... what a fucking waste.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Silver Member

He was a beautiful man - wonderful smile. I really liked him on R&I. Death is often sad and even more so when it's suicide, particularly in someone so young. RIP Lee.

I know, I've been watching season 3 & I adore(d) him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information